SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > The Dillinger Escape Plan

The Dillinger Escape Plan Website

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
Shows on the same date

i guess you people in the states have this happen more than anybody else. but its starting to happen more regularly now in Australia.
And it really grinds my gears.
I mean we dont get a steady influx of international acts. Yet for some reason for the first three months were getting so fucking many. And on the 27th of March there are three Metal shows on the same date. THREE.
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Victor Cleave
formerly shittyleg
 
Victor Cleave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: STL
Posts: 2,171
Rep Power: 15
Victor Cleave slam gang member
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCzernobog View Post
How is population control not considered part of the "green" fad yet?
Victor Cleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #3
sickeveryday
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 75
Rep Power: 12
sickeveryday slam gang member
lucky i didnt get a btbam ticket. MACHINE FUCKING HEAD!!!
sickeveryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
I did. Im giving mine away to a mate who is into BTBAM and isnt into MH.
Lucky im a good friend to Mr Flynn and i dont have to pay for MH tickets!
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #5
Snakes Among Us
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
Snakes Among Us slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickeveryday View Post
lucky i didnt get a btbam ticket. MACHINE FUCKING HEAD!!!
BTBAM > Machine Head

Fucking failure.
Snakes Among Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #6
Greene
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Granite Falls Wa
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 14
Greene slam gang member
I like both. I would flip a coin.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
I think I may hang myself with something carved into my chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack Hitler View Post
"he calls me all the time"?
Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
apparently the dates are a little inaccurate, official announcement hasn't been made yet.

edit: in other words, maybe wait before you sell your BTBAM tickets...

Last edited by kimbie; 01-12-2010 at 06:23 AM.
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
ConfusionBay
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝
 
ConfusionBay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 620
Rep Power: 12
ConfusionBay slam gang member
Stay home and play minesweeper.
ConfusionBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 AM   #9
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbie View Post
apparently the dates are a little inaccurate, official announcement hasn't been made yet.

edit: in other words, maybe wait before you sell your BTBAM tickets...
Mon 22 Mar - Australia, Perth - Metropolis
Wed 24 Mar - Australia, Adelaide - The Barton
Fri 26 Mar - Australia, Melbourne - Festival Hall
Sat 27 Mar - Australia, Sydney - Luna Park
Sun 28 Mar - Australia, Brisbane - River Stage

From MH1

its BTBAM vs Machine Head/Hatebreed/Bleeding Through/Emmure.
MH1 by a landslide.
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Greene
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Granite Falls Wa
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 14
Greene slam gang member
Oh hatebreed is going to be there.
In that case I would go see BTBAM.


When they had DEP on headbangers ball for the panasonic youth video the boys totally made Jamie Jasta uncomfortable. He was trying to be super srsly and they were being funny as shit. Teaching america how to thrash and and screaming about the white whale when Jasta mentions Mastadon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
I think I may hang myself with something carved into my chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack Hitler View Post
"he calls me all the time"?
Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
singularity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 488
Rep Power: 12
singularity slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene View Post
the boys


Waz gud?
singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #12
stevegolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 14
stevegolf slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene View Post
Oh hatebreed is going to be there.
In that case I would go see BTBAM.


When they had DEP on headbangers ball for the panasonic youth video the boys totally made Jamie Jasta uncomfortable. He was trying to be super srsly and they were being funny as shit. Teaching america how to thrash and and screaming about the white whale when Jasta mentions Mastadon.
Any vids of the interview/banter? i know the performance is on youtube.
stevegolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #13
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
Mon 22 Mar - Australia, Perth - Metropolis
Wed 24 Mar - Australia, Adelaide - The Barton
Fri 26 Mar - Australia, Melbourne - Festival Hall
Sat 27 Mar - Australia, Sydney - Luna Park
Sun 28 Mar - Australia, Brisbane - River Stage

From MH1

its BTBAM vs Machine Head/Hatebreed/Bleeding Through/Emmure.
MH1 by a landslide.
who/what is MH1?

this is what I was told by my friend: "machine head dates are a little inaccurate. wait for the release from Soundwave touring" - he works for SW touring? Not disputing so much as repeating what I was told *shrugs*

I'm probably not even going
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #14
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
....MH1= www.machinehead1.com which is the machine head website
i wouldnt trust what soundwave touring has to say on anything.
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #15
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
i wouldnt trust what soundwave touring has to say on anything.
that's because you're a jerk :'D

I'll suss it out and let you know... but fairo if it's on the MH site
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #16
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
I toats am :P
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #17
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
Hey Kimbie. Im about to be proved wrong.
HUMBLE PIE :(
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:39 AM   #18
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
Hey Kimbie. Im about to be proved wrong.
HUMBLE PIE :(
*gloat* :'D

edit: pretty sure I need to sig this :'D
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 AM   #19
phagist_
scatter the ember
 
phagist_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4,995
Rep Power: 21
phagist_ beat up jewskiphagist_ beat up jewski
Meshuggah, FnM and Isis sidewaves are on the same night here in Melb.

So I'm going to Sydney for Meshuggah =D
__________________
swallow the truth and chase it with blame
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #20
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
yeah, pretty devo Aquabats and FNM sidewaves are the same night in Melbourne >_>

possibly going to try and do both shows :'D
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
Hey Kimbie. Im about to be proved wrong.
HUMBLE PIE :(
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #21
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
Kimbies sig makes me sad!
Not as sad as this.

Quote:
Between The Buried & Me
March 26 Melbourne
March 27 Sydney
March 28 Brisbane

Lost prophets
March 27: Sydney,
March 28: Melbourne,
March 30: Brisbane

Brand New
Mar 25: Sydney
Mar 27: Brisbane
Mar 28: Melbourne
Mar 30: Adelaide

Machine Head
March 25: Melbourne
March 27: Brisbane
March 28: Sydney

Date 25th: Machine Head(Melb) Brand New (Sydney)
Date 26th: Between The buried & Me (Melbourne)
Date 27th: Machine Head (Brisbane) Brand New (Brisbane) Lost prophets (Sydney) Between The buried & Me(Sydney)
Date 28th: Machine Head (Sydney) Brand New (Melbourne) Between The buried & Me (Brisbane)
Date 29th: Blank.
Date 30th: Lostprophets(Brisbane) Brand New(Adelaide)
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #22
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
you should just move to Perth, then no one would clash because no one ever comes here :'D

that said, March is fucking ridiculous for gigs- Perth SW, Backstreet Boys (:'D), Pavement, Spinnerette, Converge/Genghis Tron, Machine Head, Pixies, Brand New, probably other shit

paid for most of those already, luckily
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
Hey Kimbie. Im about to be proved wrong.
HUMBLE PIE :(
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #23
Dinsdale
Cafone
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Leuven, BE
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 0
Dinsdale slam gang member
How about seeing DEP twice on the same day? (they're playing 2 shows in Brussels)
Dinsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #24
sickeveryday
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 75
Rep Power: 12
sickeveryday slam gang member
Quote:
Between The Buried & Me
March 26 Melbourne
March 27 Sydney
March 28 Brisbane

Lost prophets
March 27: Sydney,
March 28: Melbourne,
March 30: Brisbane

Brand New
Mar 25: Sydney
Mar 27: Brisbane
Mar 28: Melbourne
Mar 30: Adelaide

Machine Head
March 25: Melbourne
March 27: Brisbane
March 28: Sydney

Date 25th: Machine Head(Melb) Brand New (Sydney)
Date 26th: Between The buried & Me (Melbourne)
Date 27th: Machine Head (Brisbane) Brand New (Brisbane) Lost prophets (Sydney) Between The buried & Me(Sydney)
Date 28th: Machine Head (Sydney) Brand New (Melbourne) Between The buried & Me (Brisbane)
Date 29th: Blank.
Date 30th: Lostprophets(Brisbane) Brand New(Adelaide)
They might as well have a mini festival. Wavesound?
sickeveryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:40 AM   #25
okuratho
Registered User
 
okuratho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 225
Rep Power: 12
okuratho slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbie View Post
Backstreet Boys (:'D)
You're the one for me, you're my ecstasy, you're the one I need
Get down, get down and move it all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinsdale View Post
How about seeing DEP twice on the same day? (they're playing 2 shows in Brussels)
Really? You lucky Belgians! :-)
okuratho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #26
Crusader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
Crusader slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbie View Post
you should just move to Perth, then no one would clash because no one ever comes here :'D

that said, March is fucking ridiculous for gigs- Perth SW, Backstreet Boys (:'D), Pavement, Spinnerette, Converge/Genghis Tron, Machine Head, Pixies, Brand New, probably other shit

paid for most of those already, luckily
Don't forget Devin Townsend :)
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #27
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by okuratho View Post
You're the one for me, you're my ecstasy, you're the one I need
Get down, get down and move it all around!
haha, you rule at life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Don't forget Devin Townsend :)
goddamn
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
Hey Kimbie. Im about to be proved wrong.
HUMBLE PIE :(
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #28
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
maybe i can come to perth for brand new and i can stay at your place :P
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #29
kimbie
Registered User
 
kimbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 13
kimbie slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
maybe i can come to perth for brand new and i can stay at your place :P
oh HELLO

you could totes come to Perth for Brand New though
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2D2 View Post
Hey Kimbie. Im about to be proved wrong.
HUMBLE PIE :(
kimbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #30
M2D2
Shinji Ikari
 
M2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 12
M2D2 slam gang member
Its either perth or adelaide. adelaide seems cheaper for airfare. much cheaper.
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -