SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > The Dillinger Escape Plan

The Dillinger Escape Plan Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #31
RocketFace

RocketFace slam gang member
Crusader, I'm sure you would have reacted the same way if your name was on MTV.com and they tied it to steroid / drug use when it wasn't true. Doesn't matter if he did it for "fun" as in he wasn't serious, dumb fucks wont get that.

I think Greg handled this the best way he could, poser writer officially scorched in the fucking face.
RocketFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #32
Greene
Custom User Title

Greene slam gang member
My friend got me a jug of this stuff called n.o.xplode. I am not a supplement guy but I tried some before I went to the gym and that shit really does help with muscle fatigue. Gets you pretty jacked up too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack Hitler View Post
"he calls me all the time"?
Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #33
M2D2
Shinji Ikari

M2D2 slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I rarely post here but I'm a huge Dillinger fan... However, I have to say that Greg came across as just a little bit of a prick, particularly in his twitter messages.

Coming from someone that is a huge fan of DEP, and a fan of Greg as a dude and a singer, I have to say I'm a little disappointed.

It's fair enough that DEP wanna go around SCORCHING POSERS at all times, but this to me seemed like Rambo scorching a little boys face with a flamethrower from 2 meters away because he laughed at the way he talks - over the top, and for the most part, unwarranted (aside from the fact that the guy writes for MTV).

Even when reading the article, I got the impression that the dude basically admits "hey, I know this dillinger singer doesn't do roids, but I'm gonna include him in the list, cause he's HUGE". In fact, from memory, I don't think that the author ever even made one SERIOUS accusation of steroid use, which gave the whole article it's comical overtone (which is not to say that it was humorous).

And in Twitter... Greg just seemed to come off as fairly arrogant and know-it-all, even after the author genuinely apologised. Maybe dude is just in a bad mood today. No Tuna in the seafood isle Greggy?

I'm sure I'll think more highly of him again when Option Paralysis comes out.
Maybe you need to stop being such a vagina?
M2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #34
ConfusionBay
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

ConfusionBay slam gang member
I'm Gregs Dbol supplier in europe.
ConfusionBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #35
m4tthew

m4tthew slam gang member
Quote:
I rarely post here but I'm a huge Dillinger fan... However, I have to say that Greg came across as just a little bit of a prick, particularly in his twitter messages.

Coming from someone that is a huge fan of DEP, and a fan of Greg as a dude and a singer, I have to say I'm a little disappointed.

It's fair enough that DEP wanna go around SCORCHING POSERS at all times, but this to me seemed like Rambo scorching a little boys face with a flamethrower from 2 meters away because he laughed at the way he talks - over the top, and for the most part, unwarranted (aside from the fact that the guy writes for MTV).

Even when reading the article, I got the impression that the dude basically admits "hey, I know this dillinger singer doesn't do roids, but I'm gonna include him in the list, cause he's HUGE". In fact, from memory, I don't think that the author ever even made one SERIOUS accusation of steroid use, which gave the whole article it's comical overtone (which is not to say that it was humorous).

And in Twitter... Greg just seemed to come off as fairly arrogant and know-it-all, even after the author genuinely apologised. Maybe dude is just in a bad mood today. No Tuna in the seafood isle Greggy?

I'm sure I'll think more highly of him again when Option Paralysis comes out.
Reread the article again but this time put yourself in Greg's shoes. His professional life is centered around the music industry, and one of his personal hobbies is pushing himself harder that 99.999999% of the population to become as physically fit as possible. That's something you have to work at every second of every day- every time you go to a restaurant whose menu is a minefield of unhealthy food, every time you wake up and don't feel like working out but somehow find the motivation to push yourself, etc, etc. So imagine one day all your friends send you a link to an article on a popular music website written by some clown who says you use steroids. I'm not sure I would find that to be very funny..
m4tthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #36
Sister Ray

Sister Ray slam gang member
Quote:
As someone who has scorched Greg on this board for coming off like an arrogant asshole at times, I thought his response to the whole situation was pretty funny. Not many of us in this situation would react with our sense of humor intact.
Sister Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #37
DEP31

DEP31 slam gang member
I thought it was obvious that the article was a joke. But, it's still a stupid fucking article.

And being a health and fitness major, it really grinds my shit when some douche automatically says "steroids" when they see someone with a nice physique. Just sayin'.
DEP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #38
jabberwocky
Pikawhat?

jabberwocky slam gang member
Fucking ate this shit up. Greg responded politely in my mind. It could have ended worse for that tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene View Post
Bitches need to appreciate your level of fandom.

If they don't then I suggest that Ben being the senior member, come and give you a vigorous handjob. Afterwards you guys can high five to make it not gay.
jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #39
HairyKrishna

HairyKrishna slam gang member
Yeah, James Montgomery could have been the new lonski. As in, "Man, that MiddleAgedWolf is such a James Montgomery."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Got to love all them different titties
HairyKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #40
FrequencyAssBandit
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

FrequencyAssBandit slam gang member
I must say I got a pretty good laugh out of this, strong jealous little hipster phaggot.

Needs to put a bar on his back like a real man.
FrequencyAssBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #41
crotchrot

crotchrot slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyAssBandit View Post
I must say I got a pretty good laugh out of this, strong jealous little hipster phaggot.

Needs to put a bar on his back like a real man.
No shit. I want to dump that guys books and wedgie him.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #42
Laner
Captain Chaos

Laner slam gang member
A few of you have already echoed my opinion on the situation.

Because of how much of my life is spent around being the brick chiseled shit house I am, I would feel warranted in defending myself when someone claims I use supplements or performance enhancing drugs of any sort. I would be pretty disgusted with someone that assumes that I take shortcuts in my daily routine. Greg or anyone else would feel likewise if they were in the same situation. I stand for integrity, burning posers and fucking shit up in all aspects of my life. And I feel I would be cheating myself I were doing anything less.

Laner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #43
FrequencyAssBandit
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laner View Post
A few of you have already echoed my opinion on the situation.

Because of how much of my life is spent around being the brick chiseled shit house I am, I would feel warranted in defending myself when someone claims I use supplements or performance enhancing drugs of any sort. I would be pretty disgusted with someone that assumes that I take shortcuts in my daily routine. Greg or anyone else would feel likewise if they were in the same situation. I stand for integrity, burning posers and fucking shit up in all aspects of my life. And I feel I would be cheating myself I were doing anything less.
High mother fuckin five. Bodybuild or powerlifting?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #44
Laner
Captain Chaos

Laner slam gang member
Definitely bodybuilder. I really don't have any fitness goals aside from pushing myself. I enjoy working out and find that it's a great way for me to release stress on both mental and physical levels. I'm always conscious of everything I do as far as my daily routine goes. Nutrition, rest and exercise are always on my mind so I feel that bodybuilding is best for me.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:40 AM   #45
jabberwocky
Pikawhat?

jabberwocky slam gang member
Any advice for a string-bean with a high metabolism that can never gain any actual weight? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene View Post
Bitches need to appreciate your level of fandom.

If they don't then I suggest that Ben being the senior member, come and give you a vigorous handjob. Afterwards you guys can high five to make it not gay.
jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #46
Driftwood
Team Zissou

Driftwood slam gang member
I second that. :(
Originally Posted by crotchrot View Post
OMG DRIFTWOOD *flashes titties*
wish i had driftwoods powers
Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #47
FrequencyAssBandit
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

There's really no secret to gaining weight, just dedication, for most small guys I'd recommend a gallon of milk a day, eating a lot of meat (i prefer the red kind myself), and good carbs and fats like rice, beans, oats etc. and not to forget the most important part, lift heavy weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laner View Post
Definitely bodybuilder. I really don't have any fitness goals aside from pushing myself. I enjoy working out and find that it's a great way for me to release stress on both mental and physical levels. I'm always conscious of everything I do as far as my daily routine goes. Nutrition, rest and exercise are always on my mind so I feel that bodybuilding is best for me.
Good to hear man, I powerlift myself, and honestly I eat pretty healthy most of he time too, my strength takes a shit if I don't get in the right nutrition. You squat and deadlift I hope?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:58 AM   #48
Crusader

Crusader slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tthew View Post
Reread the article again but this time put yourself in Greg's shoes. His professional life is centered around the music industry, and one of his personal hobbies is pushing himself harder that 99.999999% of the population to become as physically fit as possible. That's something you have to work at every second of every day- every time you go to a restaurant whose menu is a minefield of unhealthy food, every time you wake up and don't feel like working out but somehow find the motivation to push yourself, etc, etc. So imagine one day all your friends send you a link to an article on a popular music website written by some clown who says you use steroids. I'm not sure I would find that to be very funny..
I totally understand that, and I don't blame Greg at all for reacting. The dude has every right to. I'd go ballistic if someone suggested I had penis-enlargement surgery.

The only thing I have a problem with is the way Greg handled it - speaking in the interview and on his Twitter as though he, him self is flawless in HIS career (don't think for a second I've forgotten the cover of Jesus Christ Pose). Everyone makes mistakes in what they do, and if the author of this article made one mistake, it was not making it clear enough that the whole thing was tongue in cheek. I'm sure it must have been a slow news day.

The author dude basically asked "what can I do to make this right?"... How easy would it have been for Greg to request that the article be taken down? That would be situation OVER - Puciato wins - without the fatality. But then he went on to take the overtly high road and felt the need to give the guy a moral lesson after he had already apologised for his mistake - THAT is why I feel the need to voice my little opinion on the matter.

While dillinger are scorching posers, I am teaching forgiveness. I still love Greg. I even love Jeff.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 AM   #49
Driftwood
Team Zissou

....um, pretty sure penis enlargement surgery doesn't exist.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #50
ConfusionBay
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood View Post
....um, pretty sure penis enlargement surgery doesn't exist.
You are so very wrong. They do and they can mess up your dick very badly
Old 01-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #51
Chemical Byrne

Chemical Byrne slam gang member
Nearly everything on the MTV site is written in a dopey joke tone, whether its supposed to be serious or not. The guy made a booboo and Greg has rep to keep intact, eeeejeee burn thy nearest poser.

Gregs' response was was quite clever though.
Chemical Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #52
Driftwood
Team Zissou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusionBay View Post
You are so very wrong. They do and they can mess up your dick very badly
I'm just trying to imagine how that would work. Maybe I don't want to know.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #53
stevegolf

stevegolf slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyAssBandit View Post
There's really no secret to gaining weight, just dedication, for most small guys I'd recommend a gallon of milk a day, eating a lot of meat (i prefer the red kind myself), and good carbs and fats like rice, beans, oats etc. and not to forget the most important part, lift heavy weights.

Good to hear man, I powerlift myself, and honestly I eat pretty healthy most of he time too, my strength takes a shit if I don't get in the right nutrition. You squat and deadlift I hope?
I've got a bench and some freeweights. Any good exercises to recommend? I've mostly been doing bicep and shoulder stuff. I do about 2 sets of 2 different moves every day for the past 2 or 3 months and have seen some improvement, but don't know if what I'm doing is maximizing my time.
stevegolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #54
Laner
Captain Chaos

Laner slam gang member
It's hard to tell someone what they should do as far personalizing a workout and nutritional plan goes because we're all so different physically. You have to go out and find what type of exercising suits you best. I know that it is quite intimidating when starting strength training in a gym where you feel that dudes are ten times your size and lifting twenty times your weight. But you have to remember that you are doing more at the gym than Mr. Fat Slob Everyman sitting in the McDonalds drive-thru trying to cramp another Big Mac into their gullet before washing it down with their twelve pack of Keystone waiting for them at home (apologies to Mr. Fat Slob Everyman; I don't judge but I'm just sayin'). It takes a great amount of effort and dedication to become the owner of a brick chiseled shit house. It doesn't happen overnight and it's not a solution to a problem. It's a lifestyle. I would suggest that incorporating any sort of cardio is key to starting any sort of exercise program. I am not the biggest fan of running but it's probably the most important part of my own routine. If you have some free weights at home then do some different exercises and see what you get the best results from. If you stay dedicated after a few months then you may consider buying heavier weights or joining a gym. Of course, it's probably best to consult your physician before starting any new exercising routines. Buuuuuut, what do I know? I'm just some putz posting on an internet message board.

That was a lot to type. I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #55
FrequencyAssBandit
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegolf View Post
I've got a bench and some freeweights. Any good exercises to recommend? I've mostly been doing bicep and shoulder stuff. I do about 2 sets of 2 different moves every day for the past 2 or 3 months and have seen some improvement, but don't know if what I'm doing is maximizing my time.
Best advice I can give you is buy the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, eat good food often, and stick to squats, bench press and deadlift, 3 basic movements that work everything in you. Don't even think of doing crap like curls or what have you, can't get big without a good foundation of strength and size.

Also Laner mentioned cardio, which is important, but not in the traditional way of running on a treadmill for hours. I'd say stick to conditioning type things like hill sprints, push/pull a sled or car etc. etc. These will benefit your health much more than treadmilling like the girls in the tight outfits at the gym.

Here's a good website to start. Read it, then read it again, try to find a good gym/couch to help you too.
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

Last edited by FrequencyAssBandit; 01-14-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #56
m4tthew

m4tthew slam gang member
Awesome stuff, Laner and Frequency. Coincidentally a friend of mine and I are just starting to hit the gym up every day and I'm trying to get into the 'lifestyle' myself. Maybe when the new forum starts we should have a topic all about sharing fitness insight/tips so that there may soon be an army of poseur scorchers rising up all around the world.
m4tthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #57
crotchrot

crotchrot slam gang member
I love how this has totally become the man talk thread. I miss the girl talk thread. I think I'ma go bump that mess.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #58
Sister Ray

Quote:
I love how this has totally become the man talk thread. I miss the girl talk thread.
Hmmm...what to talk about...perhaps our intimate lady parts or how much we hate our periods? Or maybe which Tuttle hair style we should ask for at the salon...
Old 01-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #59
ConfusionBay
۝ ۝ ۝ ۝ ۝

I'm asking for the one he had at Conan. shit was SO cash.

What kind of fagina do you have ? I think i'm a 18.

Last edited by ConfusionBay; 01-14-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #60
Sister Ray

I'd consider getting his bleached look, but he could pull it off. Not sure if I could.