Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #211
ChAAPY
it's one louder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruonitb View Post
@chaapy:

is it possible to make the file a bit smaller? well, if not, then I have to download it later in the evening (can download for free then).

imo you can cut the guitars already at 100-150 hz; at least try it.

for general:

first start with the drums and the bass guitar. there should be no other instruments in the mix. you have to make the drums+bass guitar fit together, they have to sound good and make the "pressure" and "fat" sound (especially bassdrum+bassguitar...listen to popsongs and other prof. productions - you will hear that bassdrum and bassguitar are on spot the whole time. so, when there is a beat with the bassdrum there has to be a "beat" of the bassguitar as well; if they come together, thatīs what makes the "pressure/fatsound". some producers even record just one slapped e string of the bassguitar and put it on every beat of the bassdrum as an addition to the played bassguitartrack)

when you have these two instruments the way you want them, start putting the guitars in the mix...slowly increase the volume so you can hear the spot, where they fit perfect in the mix. most people tend to make the guitars too loud in the mix, in order to achieve a better sound (though, thats wrong).
making the guitars too loud will fuck the mix up, because the guitars drown out the two rhythm/"pressure" instruments (bassdrum+bassguitar).

and the less additional effects you need for getting the sound you want, the better. if you record a shitty signal, you wonīt have a good signal later in the mix (no matter what you do).

I will listen to your file later (canīt download big files at the moment) :/ .
got it. don't worry about the file though, I forgot to compress it to 192kbps... my bad (I don't know how to compress files in iTunes). I didn't record bass on that little test anyway but I was just wondering if it's a good idea to use a limiter on the stereo out in Cubase.

Last edited by ChAAPY; 08-22-2007 at 12:14 PM..
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #212
THATDUDE7
Nihilist

omg i love your avatar.
THATDUDE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #213
ChAAPY
it's one louder

yo' ruontib. do you by any chance have a Cubase SX3 template of the way you do drums in Cubase? I ended up switching back to Fruity Loops for drums cause I cannot get DKFH to sound good for the life of me. Just wondering if you have a template so I could see what it is your doing to get EZDrummer sounding so good.
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #214
Necro Nick
General Gutsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metastasis View Post
Fuck yeah, I can't wait to have a complete mixing set up. Later I'm going to look into a Vintech class A tube Mic preamp for recording.
Vintech pres are so fucking amazing.
Necro Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #215
Necro Nick
General Gutsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Anomalous View Post
dude, they're 10 to 60 gauge, not 10 to 70, 10 to 70 is soo odd, im down to try it to get a more 8 string sound... but what i use is Zack Wylde GHS Boomers and i have to buy a seperate hardwound 24gauge D string because the boomer come with 10, 13, 17, then 44, 52, 60... wheres the 24?! so yea... I recommend getting the hard mounted Ibanez 7string, its just destroys other guitars with its Tone, the way the strings grind on the frets gives it its chunkyness.. they are starting to go up in price. I saw one for 500, I got mine for 360 out the door, but that was a hook up, after taxes it should be like 430 or somethiing, well worth it.
With the video id like to go into some details about shredding techniques, like certain licks that gave me the idea's to make metal riffs.. and then other specific's on how I like to solo and of course mention the greats just in case you've never heard of them... remind me tim. soon!
I recommend Dean Markley NickelSteel Electric LTHB-7 2504C 10, 13, 17, 30, 42, 52, 60 doesn't get better
Necro Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:59 AM   #216
coloredCYANIDE
Derp

it's me again!

I bought an sm57 finally, that's made thing so much better sounding, plus I started lining in my bass through a head instead of just putting a pc mic up to a 10 watt practice amp.

www.myspace.com/carcinomic and check out Illusion II.

other than the guitar tone being a little treble-y (didn't bother changing my tone from what I use at practice), the solo being pure shit (lazy), the drum machine being completely weak (laziest method possible, programming shit in guitar pro then importing it to reason 3.0's samplers, then adding a few cymbals here and there), how's it all sound compared to the older stuff? I also used a fretless bass (Warwick corvette standard 4).
coloredCYANIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #217
ruonitb

hi!

I need help on my mix!

I just started mixing the cd of my band...

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...le-02.mp3.html

any opinions are welcome!
ruonitb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #218
coloredCYANIDE
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruonitb View Post
hi!

I need help on my mix!

I just started mixing the cd of my band...

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...le-02.mp3.html

any opinions are welcome!
I like the fact that I can hear the bass really well, and the drums sound alright (I'm pretty bad at telling the difference between real and machine though). The guitar tone doesn't do a whole lot for me at first, but during the more ambient sounding parts it fits pretty well. It's almost like black metal-y, and that works with the tone for the most part. There's a lot of mids in 'em, maybe cut some out, and add a bit more bass and treble? The vocals are a bit muffled, though the reverb on them sounds alright.

Just my $0.02, I'm not sure what kind of sound you're going for, so it's hard to give opinion based on that.
coloredCYANIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #219
ruonitb

Hi!

Thanks for the response...its supposed to be black/doom/metal...so...the optimum would be some evoken sound (if you know the band...its doom metal).

I already changed some things...the guitar tone as well; will post new version soon. :)

Thanks again!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:41 AM   #220
ruonitb

updated version (doesnīt mean that its better ;) ):

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...ple02.wav.html
Old 10-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #221
ruonitb

ah damn...update again...smaller file this time:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-...02-01.mp3.html
Old 11-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #222
voignNip73

Tabs/ Tunings/Recording

hey pplask for guitar tabs and chords of bangla songs here.
i hav a request of my own too.can any1 gimme the tabs for artcells "Odrissho instrumental"? -o<

thanx
naz :bang:
voignNip73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #223
as123321

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
as123321 is offline   Reply With Quote