Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Arsis
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arsis Website

Old 09-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
mikev

mikev slam gang member
New Soundclip Online

Willowtip Records Website - http://www.willowtip.com

It will be up on our official website and our myspace site within the next day or two, as well.

Hope you dig it.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:53 AM   #2
Astrum
ALL HAIL DEH BULF

Astrum slam gang member
Holy shit this is fucking amazing!!! Come on Oct. 25th, come on!!!
Astrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
Arucard

Arucard slam gang member
Wow, the drums on this stuff is crazy man! Its really technical too, great job.

After listening several times through, i have to say you did a great job Mike. The drums are absolutley brilliant, i LOVE the fills you are using, its great.

And the vocals! Is someone else singing behind James? It sounds like someones growling under the main vocals at times.

Last edited by Arucard; 09-16-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Arucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
Antæos

Antæos beat up jewskiAntæos beat up jewski
Holy SHIT!!!

That completely floored me. God damn. That is fucking technical!!! How is James going to sing over that? :D

Sick sick sex. Love it. Wish this was a full length, from this soundclip it sounds like a worthy contender to the album of the year contest.
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
Fractal_Mortality

Fractal_Mortality slam gang member
Wowy Zowy...

That is some amazing stuff guys. I really can't wait for DfD now (and I could'nt before I heard the soundclip anyway).
Fractal_Mortality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
ShadowsFallen

ShadowsFallen slam gang member
Holy fucking shit!!!! This new stuff is amazing!!! It's much darker, heavier, and more technical than ACOG. I dig. The only complaint I have is that there are still 10 more minutes that I must hear.

/pre-orders ADFD
ShadowsFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:05 PM   #7
Arucard

Arucard slam gang member
/Me joins.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #8
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Kick ass, I'm glad people are diggin it! It's now up on http://www.myspace.com/arsis and http://www.purevolume.com/arsis too - all that's left is our website, and my friend will be putting that up really soon.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #9
Transient
i wont

Transient beat up jewski
DUDE! YOUVE DONE AN AMAZING THING WITH THIS

NEW INNOVATIVE INTENSE MELODIC

ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING , GREAT JOB!!!!!!
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:32 PM   #10
scum
+

scum slam gang member
that song is the balls, great job, this ep is gonna rule
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:34 AM   #11
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arucard
Wow, the drums on this stuff is crazy man! Its really technical too, great job.

After listening several times through, i have to say you did a great job Mike. The drums are absolutley brilliant, i LOVE the fills you are using, its great.

And the vocals! Is someone else singing behind James? It sounds like someones growling under the main vocals at times.

Thanks a lot dude! As far as the vocals, we took a different approach this time around. Instead of just one main vocal track and a second for backing vocals, we had Jim record 4 vocal tracks simultaneosly throughout all the songs. We really like how it worked!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:35 AM   #12
Taste_My_Scythe

Taste_My_Scythe slam gang member
wow! Amazing shit right there. You guys stepped it up a notch and it sounds great. Glad to hear you guys got even more heavy and still kept your melodicness. \m/ Definately buying this album.
Taste_My_Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:57 AM   #13
Arucard

Arucard slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev
Thanks a lot dude! As far as the vocals, we took a different approach this time around. Instead of just one main vocal track and a second for backing vocals, we had Jim record 4 vocal tracks simultaneosly throughout all the songs. We really like how it worked!
It worked bloody brillianty to say the least, they are very brutal.

Good job man.

'Lets make a deal, a diamond for disease!'

That line is classic.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #14
Transient
i wont

Transient beat up jewski
speaking of live, as i understand its only two guys...do they ever play live? anyone have any bootlegs theyd like to share?
Old 09-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #15
ShadowsFallen

ShadowsFallen slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
speaking of live, as i understand its only two guys...do they ever play live? anyone have any bootlegs theyd like to share?
It's a full band now.
ShadowsFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #16
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
We've had a couple different live lineups over the last 3 years. We've done 3 tours, mostly east coast stuff and the south/midwest. The live lineups don't usually last that long lol, Jim and I work great together but when other people get involved things usually go to hell for some reason. Maybe the 2 of us are just a pain in the ass to work with haha. I've got about 14 full gigs on tape, just home video footage, but I'd really like to release a dvd someday. It wouldn't be fancy at all, just totally raw live home video shit, but I think it would be cool. If we're able to get on a couple decent tours next summer I plan to video tape every single show.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #17
Antæos

Amazing man. Do you plan to make some of that footage available to us before the possible release of a DVD? Just a short clip or something. There's a fairly slim chance to see you guys live right now, living in Europe and all, so it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:22 PM   #18
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antæos
Amazing man. Do you plan to make some of that footage available to us before the possible release of a DVD? Just a short clip or something. There's a fairly slim chance to see you guys live right now, living in Europe and all, so it would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, I'd be happy to do that. It may take me some time because all the footage I have is on tapes and I need to figure out how to transfer that into a quicktime or windows media format, but I'll start going through the vids a little bit over the next couple months. I'd like to put a full live song from one of the shows up - the footage is all pretty raw, total "Cliff 'Em All" style, but you'll get the idea.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #19
Antæos

Thanks man, you're a God! So stoked on this, you guys are one of my favorites ever. I gave your debut 6/6 when I wrote for solidwave.dk, hehe.

Cheers man.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:51 PM   #20
Transient
i wont

Transient beat up jewski
awesome thank you mike...id love to see some of that. as for getting tape to computer its a complicated process...youll probably need a tv tuner card
Old 09-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #21
DelusionOfGrandeur

DelusionOfGrandeur slam gang member
Great new tunes!! YALL ROCK!!!
DelusionOfGrandeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #22
sweetXmajestic
The Metal Mama

sweetXmajestic slam gang member
You hope we dig it? Holy shit...that's brutal right there. The drum and guirtar work are amazing to say the least. Brutal, technical, yet still melodic, and heavy as all hell! Now that's what I lvoe to hear in music. And you guys play it so well. The vocals did turn out great I must say. I'm glad you're keeping the track up, it will give us something to listen to in the meantime! A DVD in the future would be a great idea, even if it's taped videoclips. I never got a chance to see you live on your tour, so somelive footage would be cool to see.
sweetXmajestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #23
DIYAK

DIYAK slam gang member
That is fucking awsome shit right there. The drum production sounds like sex, and the whole track just rules. Awsome fucking work.
DIYAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #24
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Thanks a lot everybody, I'm really glad people are liking it! BTW - I'm working on putting a couple live video clips up on our website. It may take a couple weeks, but I have a couple shows in particular where the audio isn't too bad. Again, the stuff was all recorded on home video camera so it's not exactly ultra high quality, but I think it'll be cool.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #25
tony m

tony m slam gang member
that would be sweet! cant wait to see this!
tony m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #26
Asrynth

Asrynth slam gang member
This new song is great, I like it alot. Let us know when the videos are up Mike im anxious to see them. Also, now that "A Diamond For Disease" is almost out, when can we expect the next full length (if its coming soon) and when are you guys going to hit the road again?

Thanks alot
Asrynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #27
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrynth
This new song is great, I like it alot. Let us know when the videos are up Mike im anxious to see them. Also, now that "A Diamond For Disease" is almost out, when can we expect the next full length (if its coming soon) and when are you guys going to hit the road again?

Thanks alot

Thanks man, will do. It looks like I'll be recording the drums for the next full-length around the second week of January, so that will probably be out by April or May. Jim and I have started talking about touring plans, and it looks like we're gonna be touring pretty heavily this summer. We've never done a full US tour and we've never played Canada either, so at the very least we will make an effort to do both of those things. We're also going to see about Europe, but that may take some doing. We'll be taking care of some contractual stuff the next few months as well, which may help our touring situation....Willowtip is an awesome label, but we're pretty much on our own as far as getting tours goes. Other labels will be able to assist us with that, and that's one thing we will be working on as well.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #28
Antæos

Wow, the possibility of a European tour really made my day. I hope the best for you guys, I hear you've had some trouble touring in the past because you were basically a band in a SUV or something along those lines :p

Have fun touring! :)
Old 10-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #29
Asrynth

Asrynth slam gang member
Mike I am pretty lucky because I live in Atlanta, and you guys have come through there like six times in like four months last summer. Seeing you guys never gets old and I cant wait to see those videos. You guys did some gigs (one at swayzes) and one with mortician and others that really blew me away. I am really anxious for this new Disc. I cant wait to give it a ton of spins over the next few months.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #30
Asrynth

Asrynth slam gang member
Mike I am pretty lucky because I live in Atlanta, and you guys have come through there like six times in like four months last summer. Seeing you guys never gets old and I cant wait to see those videos. You guys did some gigs (one at swayzes) and one with mortician and others(Even though you guys played kind of a short set on that tour) that really blew me away. I am really anxious for this new Disc. I cant wait to give it a ton of spins over the next few months.