SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Malignancy

Malignancy Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 10-10-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
CobraCommander

Check out Mike's interview on Sickdrummer.com

http://www.sickdrummer.com/index.php...635&Itemid=491

Thanks to the sickdrummer guys... as well as everybody who cares enough to read this!

I'm going to have a video up there soon... don't know how soon, but soon. Then you'll actually be able to tell that I can play!
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
sickle
metawraith

Quote:
music therapy
whats the theory behind this?
sickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
kabukijoe

Haha, I noticed when I saw you guys in Cambridge that you practiced on the pad for practically the whole time before you guys went on.
kabukijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
ixdxpx

Do you have a death metal drummer you could say as an influence, Mike? Sorry, I don't remember reading one from the ones you mentioned.
ixdxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
CobraCommander

Sickle - music therapy is a way to help people heal from traumatic experiences, or deal with complex emotions/anxiety through music... I can't deal without drums anyway, that's why I play everything that's not death metal, because I plan on making a career out of my drumming (without leaving Malignancy of course!)

Kabukjoe - haha, yup, I'm retarded like that! I can't put the sticks down... I piss EVERYBODY off with that!

ixdxpx - Nope! This might sound really bad (but it's not meant to be)... I REALLY don't like death metal. In fact, I can't stand it! Now, there are some good drummers in death metal, but by good, I mean fast, with endurance. Speed is probably the least important part of drumming in my eyes. Now, don't get me wrong, I am going to be jamming with Makoto (ex Internal Suffering) again, so you know I'm going to playing super fast... but that doesn't take any creativity that I can tell. There's nothing wrong with that kind of drumming, I just don't like it. It doesn't appeal to me. Doesn't mean that I won't do it when necessary. That being said, Marco Minnemann has been one of my absolute favorite drummers for years... It pissed me off to no end that he joined Necrophagist. I mean, that's like Jimi Hendrix jamming with Darkthrone! What the fuck?!?!? He did a great job, but what the hell was the point of going to see one of my idols play the most simplistic stuff he's ever played in his life? He played with a Police cover band the first time I saw him, and the shit he did there just absolutely destroyed anything he did in Necrophagist, and pretty much anything that 99% of drummers could hope to do in their lives. The guy is so fucking musical as a drummer, so why do I want to see him play RLRLRLRL for an hour like a drum machine? Can you tell that there's a drummer on the second Necrophagist record? I can't, because it's edited and replaced and quantized to no end that it doesn't even sound like a human being. Maybe you like the music, but the drumming just kills me!

Geeze, do I sound angry or what? Please don't take offense to any of this, I just don't like death metal! Marco's solo records are some of my favorite records of all time, so I'll just keep listening to those, and hoping that his influence will make the next Necrophagist record the best death metal record ever!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #6
kabukijoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Kabukjoe - haha, yup, I'm retarded like that! I can't put the sticks down... I piss EVERYBODY off with that!
Haha, I know what you mean! I've been into playing drums for years now!! BUT, I've never owned a kit, everything I can do is from playing on friends kits (which I don't get to do that often) and practicing beats by tapping on EVERYTHING!!!! Everybody asks me if I have a problem, or if I'm mad, or like you said, they just simply get irritated and ask me to stop. My girlfriend bitches at me all the time to cut it out.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
CobraCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukijoe View Post
Haha, I know what you mean! I've been into playing drums for years now!! BUT, I've never owned a kit, everything I can do is from playing on friends kits (which I don't get to do that often) and practicing beats by tapping on EVERYTHING!!!! Everybody asks me if I have a problem, or if I'm mad, or like you said, they just simply get irritated and ask me to stop. My girlfriend bitches at me all the time to cut it out.
Well, why don't you get yourself a cheap kit? You'll be able to satisfy your tapping lust that way! I gotta tell you though, tapping annoys the hell out of people, you've got to come up with a really good excuse to get them off your back. I usually try the whole "I'm a musician, I want to do this for a living" thing... which never works. Maybe when people ask you to stop tapping on everything, you should tell them something like, "This is the only thing that keeps the demons away!" and start to convulse a little bit. They'll probably leave you alone after that.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
kabukijoe

Quote:
Well, why don't you get yourself a cheap kit? You'll be able to satisfy your tapping lust that way! I gotta tell you though, tapping annoys the hell out of people, you've got to come up with a really good excuse to get them off your back. I usually try the whole "I'm a musician, I want to do this for a living" thing... which never works. Maybe when people ask you to stop tapping on everything, you should tell them something like, "This is the only thing that keeps the demons away!" and start to convulse a little bit. They'll probably leave you alone after that.
Yeah, that's usually what I do. I tell them I like playing drums and I love music and everything, some get it and some don't. I've had other musicians comment on it though, and they knew exactly why I was tapping. I currently goto college, and I have an apartment to pay for and plenty of gas to buy so unfortunately I can't afford even a cheap drum kit right now, nor do I have space for one. But I also play guitar, and I do actually have one. So that keeps me entertained for now. But I will own a kit one day!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #9
sickle
metawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander
music therapy is a way to help people heal from traumatic experiences, or deal with complex emotions/anxiety through music... I can't deal without drums anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander
I can't put the sticks down... I piss EVERYBODY off with that!
do you have a psycho/nervous condition of your own or did you get the idea from observing people at shows or both or none

this is interesting ive been reading about supposed recent documentation of psychoneurological effects of music to form an actual biological medical model im curious to know who is doing it and how exactly

didnt know their was an established curriculum and regulatory board for this thats some wild shit
Old 10-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #10
CobraCommander

Joe- glad you got a guitar, at least you'll be able to make music.... maybe get yourself some 20 dollar bongos or something for now, and work up to a kit later!

Sickle- Haha, no, I don't have any psycho/nervous conditions... In fact, I haven't put all that much thought into this because I'm just so focused on trying to find a way to make a career in music, such as doing session work, or backing some huge pop star or something.

There's no actual established curriculum for this that I know of, but having a psychology degree could get you a job where music therapy is part of your work. Ah the healing powers of music. I honestly don't really know of any sort of studies, though I'm sure you could find something on google scholar or the psychinfo database or something.

My senior thesis is on musical creativity by the way, and there's never been a test available to assess an individual's creativity in a musical context. I'm designing a test to do just that... the research in this area is pretty slim, so I'm using studies on artistic creativity and reworking the design. It should be some fun stuff!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
ixdxpx

Quote:
Nope! This might sound really bad (but it's not meant to be)... I REALLY don't like death metal. In fact, I can't stand it! Now, there are some good drummers in death metal, but by good, I mean fast, with endurance. Speed is probably the least important part of drumming in my eyes. Now, don't get me wrong, I am going to be jamming with Makoto (ex Internal Suffering) again, so you know I'm going to playing super fast... but that doesn't take any creativity that I can tell. There's nothing wrong with that kind of drumming, I just don't like it. It doesn't appeal to me. Doesn't mean that I won't do it when necessary. That being said, Marco Minnemann has been one of my absolute favorite drummers for years... It pissed me off to no end that he joined Necrophagist. I mean, that's like Jimi Hendrix jamming with Darkthrone! What the fuck?!?!? He did a great job, but what the hell was the point of going to see one of my idols play the most simplistic stuff he's ever played in his life? He played with a Police cover band the first time I saw him, and the shit he did there just absolutely destroyed anything he did in Necrophagist, and pretty much anything that 99% of drummers could hope to do in their lives. The guy is so fucking musical as a drummer, so why do I want to see him play RLRLRLRL for an hour like a drum machine? Can you tell that there's a drummer on the second Necrophagist record? I can't, because it's edited and replaced and quantized to no end that it doesn't even sound like a human being. Maybe you like the music, but the drumming just kills me!

Geeze, do I sound angry or what? Please don't take offense to any of this, I just don't like death metal! Marco's solo records are some of my favorite records of all time, so I'll just keep listening to those, and hoping that his influence will make the next Necrophagist record the best death metal record ever!
None taken. I understand, I have a lot of friends who are drummers who think the same, and like you, they still play in death metal bands. Which I find weird. I mean, if you are not totally into death metal, why are you playing in one? So what is the case for you? Why are you still playing for Malignancy if you don't like death metal? Don't get me wrong, I like your schizophrenic drumming for Malig, and I understand the part of being a musician, and be able to infuse your own style to any genre, but this is death metal. In death metal, it's more of a passion/dedication, it's either you are in it or you won't last long in the art.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #12
CobraCommander

Well, there's an easy answer as to why I play in this band. Listen to track 2, 6, 9, 11, and 12 on the new record (also what's called Song 7 on youtube, because I like it way better there). Ignore the vocals for a second, and I bet you'll find that these songs aren't death metal at all. Yeah, they're heavy, and occasionally have blast beats... but they're instrumental weirdness, where I got to play a whole lot of jazzy shit (that you can't really make-out), but regardless... that shit is incredibly rewarding. Then add the vocals back in, and notice how the patterns emphasize the rest of the music... more like another instrument, rather than a regular vocal. To me, it's instrumental music where I get to do some weird crazy shit (pretty much every song sounds like a guitar solo and a drum solo put together to me). The other songs on the record are much more normal, and just as well, I don't like playing them anywhere near as much. It honestly sounds like a completely different band to me.

I don't really consider Malignancy death metal... pick the stuff apart, it doesn't sound anything like any other band I've ever heard in my life. That's what I want to be doing! For me, there's nothing better than being able to throw all the rules in the garbage, and just write the most ridiculous shit I can think of! I get to challenge myself, challenge the people I'm with, and just create shit that I love... I could bore the hell out of myself by joining Spawn of Possession or something... or I can keep myself on my toes! If I can accomplish my dream of making a living with drums... playing for every band under the sun... there's no way I'd leave Malignancy! When the hell would I ever get a chance to play like those above mentioned songs (or the new ones we're writing) in any other band?

So, to sum up my ramblings... Malignancy isn't death metal... not in my eyes.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #13
sickle
metawraith

Quote:
Haha, no, I don't have any psycho/nervous conditions...
ha you havent seen / heard the commercials they run now for rls (restless leg syndrome) medications...? if you didnt play drums they would be trying to sedate you tapping all the time like that

Quote:
There's no actual established curriculum for this that I know of
"Persons who complete one of the approved college music therapy curricula (including an internship) are then eligible to sit for the national examination offered by the Certification Board for Music Therapists. Music therapists who successfully complete the independently administered examination hold the music therapist-board certified credential (MT-BC).
The National Music Therapy Registry (NMTR) serves qualified music therapy professionals with the following designations: RMT, CMT, ACMT. These individuals have met accepted educational and clinical training standards and are qualified to practice music therapy."
Old 10-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #14
CobraCommander

Well there ya go... I guess there is, haha! It's not offered anywhere that I looked, so I just gave up... doesn't quite matter though, as I don't plan on ever giving up the drums!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:21 AM   #15
sickle
metawraith

nah dont give up folks i know who majored in psychology sell cars and insurance and shit now and could give a flying fuck about the human mind anymore other than for hustling people its depressing that should be a noble pursuit
Old 10-22-2007, 04:20 AM   #16
Dan is The Bastard

Quote:
ixdxpx - Nope! This might sound really bad (but it's not meant to be)... I REALLY don't like death metal. In fact, I can't stand it! Now, there are some good drummers in death metal, but by good, I mean fast, with endurance. Speed is probably the least important part of drumming in my eyes. Now, don't get me wrong, I am going to be jamming with Makoto (ex Internal Suffering) again, so you know I'm going to playing super fast... but that doesn't take any creativity that I can tell.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it doesn't take any creativity. Playing within fast tempos doesn't necessarily mean there is a sacrifice in creativity, or skill required to do such. There are plenty of drummers working within the genre that manage to incorporate personality despite the creatively limiting tempos. Kai Hahto is a fine example of a drummer who can not only play fast, but with precision and taste. I feel like a lot of modern death metal drummers use superfluous and often pretencious additions to their kit in order to makeup for a lack of taste. It matches the over the top nature of the genre but is in most cases, substandard.

Quote:
Marco Minnemann has been one of my absolute favorite drummers for years... It pissed me off to no end that he joined Necrophagist. I mean, that's like Jimi Hendrix jamming with Darkthrone! What the fuck?!?!? He did a great job, but what the hell was the point of going to see one of my idols play the most simplistic stuff he's ever played in his life? He played with a Police cover band the first time I saw him, and the shit he did there just absolutely destroyed anything he did in Necrophagist, and pretty much anything that 99% of drummers could hope to do in their lives. The guy is so fucking musical as a drummer, so why do I want to see him play RLRLRLRL for an hour like a drum machine? Can you tell that there's a drummer on the second Necrophagist record? I can't, because it's edited and replaced and quantized to no end that it doesn't even sound like a human being. Maybe you like the music, but the drumming just kills me!
I'd say that's a pretty off base comparison. Marco is a proficient musician working with other proficient musicians. Granted the music is 85% repetition-based as far as drumming is concerned, but it makes sense that a musician like Marco who specializes in "extreme" drumming would join a band like Necrophagist considering they are a world renowned "technical" metal band and known for their musicianship.

My biggest gripe with death metal drumming in general is probably in the production. I can't stand the way most metal drums are recorded. No life in the hits. Necrophagist excels at this.

Quote:
I don't really consider Malignancy death metal... pick the stuff apart, it doesn't sound anything like any other band I've ever heard in my life. That's what I want to be doing! For me, there's nothing better than being able to throw all the rules in the garbage, and just write the most ridiculous shit I can think of! I get to challenge myself, challenge the people I'm with, and just create shit that I love... I could bore the hell out of myself by joining Spawn of Possession or something... or I can keep myself on my toes! If I can accomplish my dream of making a living with drums... playing for every band under the sun... there's no way I'd leave Malignancy! When the hell would I ever get a chance to play like those above mentioned songs (or the new ones we're writing) in any other band?

So, to sum up my ramblings... Malignancy isn't death metal... not in my eyes.
Sorry Mike, Malignancy is a death metal band. To pick the music apart piece by piece for the sake of genre classification is silly. Anyone even the slightest bit familiar with the genre will consider Malignancy to be a death metal band. Believe me, I understand the frustration of being trapped in a genre cluttered with a severe lack of foward thinking musicians and a number of embarrassing stigmas but be content with the fact that you are in easily one of the most creative and interesting bands in rock-based music today.

Congrats on the site profile!

(edited for the learning of quoting mechanism!)

Last edited by Dan is The Bastard; 10-22-2007 at 04:45 AM..
Dan is The Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #17
CobraCommander

Well, I have no idea how that quoting mechanism works, so I'll just respond to what you said....

Statement One: Yeah, death metal drumming isn't ALWAYS devoid of creativity, but 99% of the time it absolutely is. Kai is a jazz guy, and plays in a zillion different bands... I think he's by far one of the best drummers in death metal/grind (even though he's not in Rotten Sound anymore), and a really cool guy, but I am not influenced by him,,, which is where this statement from coming from. He has much of the same influences as I have.

Statement Two: I like my comparison, but either way, I'd say that Marco is far beyond Necrophagist in terms of ability. Regardless, the drums are all about speed and endurance, and are incredibly boring. Marco has said that he really shouldn't have called it "extreme" drumming, because people didn't really get it. Extreme as in extremely demanding, and music that takes extreme independence... he already said that Necrophagist is just an endurance exercise for him, except for the drum solo he got every night, but I'd just much rather see him with a band where he can do something! The production of death metal drums usually sucks... I always hate how mine sound on record... and I hope you meant that Necrophagist excels at lifeless recording.

Statement Three: I already classified the genre, I just felt it needed a little more explanation. If Scott from Confessor were singing in Malignancy, would you still call it a death metal band? I think the vocals have a lot to do with it, as well as the tuning... Everyone calling it death metal doesn't make it death metal to me! There's like 92% OTHER, and 8% death metal in what I play... so I'm gonna go with that! I really don't like genre classifications for one thing, and that has a lot to do with it. Now, I really don't see much of a similarity between Malignancy and Devourment, yet the two bands are lumped in together. Does this make any sense? Not to me, but whatever, genre arguments are useless. Biolich was sissy girl metal anyway! Just kidding!

Thanks by the way, I appreciate that you see we're trying to do something different!

(My friend is going to put up a shitty quality drum cam rehearsal clip on youtube later today... not the best, but you can sorta hear what's going on.)
Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 AM   #18
Dan is The Bastard

Quote:
Statement One: Yeah, death metal drumming isn't ALWAYS devoid of creativity, but 99% of the time it absolutely is. Kai is a jazz guy, and plays in a zillion different bands... I think he's by far one of the best drummers in death metal/grind (even though he's not in Rotten Sound anymore), and a really cool guy, but I am not influenced by him,,, which is where this statement from coming from. He has much of the same influences as I have.
Right, the majority of the drumming within the genre isn't very groundbreaking but can't the same be said for all music? The dynamic from interesting to boring surrounds any artform. Being trained to play jazz doesn't automatically make one creative. I think Kai being a jazz guy has little to do with his drumming in Rotten Sound, it's not like the band ever decided to swing in the middle of a set. He's a skilled technician with a good ear, and a tasteful delivery. There are some more like him swimming around in the genre pool, yourself included.

Quote:
Statement Two: I like my comparison, but either way, I'd say that Marco is far beyond Necrophagist in terms of ability. Regardless, the drums are all about speed and endurance, and are incredibly boring. Marco has said that he really shouldn't have called it "extreme" drumming, because people didn't really get it. Extreme as in extremely demanding, and music that takes extreme independence... he already said that Necrophagist is just an endurance exercise for him, except for the drum solo he got every night, but I'd just much rather see him with a band where he can do something! The production of death metal drums usually sucks... I always hate how mine sound on record... and I hope you meant that Necrophagist excels at lifeless recording.
Necrophagist on recording has the most soulless rhythm section in metal. I don't see how a comparison could be made regarding the ability of the musicians. Necrophagist have a tonal pallet that they've cultivated, and have thus far, been very successful using it. I wouldn't say that makes them any worse then Marco, it's just what they do. Give them a chance to record something with him before making such haste judgements. I know Marco's thing is extreme independence, but he obviously is into the endurance test, otherwise why bother?

Quote:
Statement Three: I already classified the genre, I just felt it needed a little more explanation. If Scott from Confessor were singing in Malignancy, would you still call it a death metal band? I think the vocals have a lot to do with it, as well as the tuning... Everyone calling it death metal doesn't make it death metal to me! There's like 92% OTHER, and 8% death metal in what I play... so I'm gonna go with that! I really don't like genre classifications for one thing, and that has a lot to do with it. Now, I really don't see much of a similarity between Malignancy and Devourment, yet the two bands are lumped in together. Does this make any sense? Not to me, but whatever, genre arguments are useless. Biolich was sissy girl metal anyway! Just kidding!
I'm with you on abolishing genre titles, I'm not into them either but categorization serves it's purpose. Most of your arguments can be said for most death metal bands. Your particular style of playing isn't death metal drumming 101 but drumming alone doesn't make the case for catagory placement. Entombed doesn't sound anything like Devourment but they're both considered to be influencial death metal bands. Genre classifications aren't meant for people with a valid understanding of said genre, they are meant to convey a general idea. For death metal, this usually means growling vocals, intense drumming and heavily distorted guitars. It's vague for sure but pertinent enough for people new to the genre.
Dan is The Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #19
CobraCommander

Well, thanks for the compliment... but jazz training is all about being creative! It's about being musical while having the dexterity and independence to be able to create. Without that kind of training, could all the really great drummers do what they do? I doubt it! Just like I don't swing in the middle of a Malig song, neither does Kai, but jazz is what makes me do things differently... and Kai is the same way. (We spoke about this at the first Maryland Death Fest that we both played.)

Marco's bothering for this reason... What's the furthest thing from the Buddy Rich Big Band that he just played with on his last DVD? He's trying to touch on every style he can. This is also what makes him FAR better a musician than all the guys in Necrophagist... Muhammed has admitted to only being able to play that style. Marco can play everything ever, as far as I'm concerned... plus he plays guitar, bass, piano, as well as sings on his solo records. Muhammed is a way better death metal musician than Marco, that's for sure... but that's about .07% of what Marco does. My judgments apply to what I saw at BB Kings, but I already said before that the next Necrophagist album should be the best death metal record if Marco gets any say in the writing! He's supposedly going to make them a lot more "organic." I have high hopes!

Well, Entombed is Swedish death (though now Death-n-roll, or whatever the fuck), while Devourment is brutal-groove-crap, technically. (love the guys, hate the band). My drumming might be "intense", but a majority of it is fusion drumming sped up really damned fast. Most of what Ronnie plays isn't death metal either, but that's what makes it fun as hell for me to write with him. Danny does growl though, which makes us death metal until he breaks out his King Diamond highs! Yeah sure, the purpose of categorization has a purpose... but if you say Malignancy is death metal, does that accurately sum up the band? Maybe in 1994 it did, but after that, you got something growing out of it... Call it a tumor on the brain of death metal if you will, for a really bad pun. I just think that in the tumor has overtaken the whole body at this point. It probably has a lot to do with Ronnie not being a death metal guy, and me hating death metal.

I should send you the stuff that Makoto and I just wrote yesterday, it's just normal grind. (Blasting is faster than Necrophagist, like it matters!) Pretty funny for me to play that kind of stuff!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #20
modern death
Hails

Quote:
That being said, Marco Minnemann has been one of my absolute favorite drummers for years... It pissed me off to no end that he joined Necrophagist. I mean, that's like Jimi Hendrix jamming with Darkthrone! What the fuck?!?!? He did a great job, but what the hell was the point of going to see one of my idols play the most simplistic stuff he's ever played in his life? He played with a Police cover band the first time I saw him, and the shit he did there just absolutely destroyed anything he did in Necrophagist, and pretty much anything that 99% of drummers could hope to do in their lives. The guy is so fucking musical as a drummer, so why do I want to see him play RLRLRLRL for an hour like a drum machine? Can you tell that there's a drummer on the second Necrophagist record? I can't, because it's edited and replaced and quantized to no end that it doesn't even sound like a human being.
That had to be the worst analogy I've ever heard. Maybe if you were talking about Cannibal Corpse drumming, but Necrophagist's drums are anything "but" a walk in the park, even if you can play the drums exactly like they were on cd, good luck playing with the tightness and hard hitting(ness? haha) that Hans did live at every show.... that's some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. (The Jimi Hendrix to Darkthrone comparison) Kind of like Luke from Sleep Terror has said multiple times he doesn't really like death metal fans or like listening to it, if you don't like it I don't see why you would play it.
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #21
pooptastik
son of cosmos

wow....seriously?

man.....*sigh*
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #22
pooptastik
son of cosmos

pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #23
sickle
metawraith

^ HA
Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #24
CobraCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_second_infinity View Post
That had to be the worst analogy I've ever heard. Maybe if you were talking about Cannibal Corpse drumming, but Necrophagist's drums are anything "but" a walk in the park, even if you can play the drums exactly like they were on cd, good luck playing with the tightness and hard hitting(ness? haha) that Hans did live at every show.... that's some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. (The Jimi Hendrix to Darkthrone comparison) Kind of like Luke from Sleep Terror has said multiple times he doesn't really like death metal fans or like listening to it, if you don't like it I don't see why you would play it.
I think I can come up with a worse analogy... regardless, go ask Hannes what he thinks. The dude already said that Marco plays circles around him, so whatever. No disrespect intended towards him or his ex-band, but c'mon... remember when Terry Bozzio played with Korn? Another one of those things that should never happen! Necrophagist is a walk in the park compared to most of the songs Marco played on before.. Go listen to his solo records and see if you don't agree. Oh, and I don't play death metal, I play in a band that some consider death metal. Maybe Luke feels the same way?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #25
modern death
Hails

Terry Bozio played with Korn? HAHAHA
modern death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 AM   #26
ixdxpx

*sigh*