SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Spawn of Possession

Spawn of Possession Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 AM   #1
Arghoslent

Spawn of Possession for University Essay: Bryzz can we talK?

Fellow of Spawn of Possession lovers. I currently studying Composition at the Australian Nation University and the other day I was given this essay to write in one of my classes.

Choose one piece of music from any culture and clearly demonstrate how socio-cultural considerations have impacted upon the work in terms of its construction. In other words, give a detailed account of the temporal and/or pitch organization of the chosen work that relates back to its socio-cultural context. Use musical examples throughout, both score based (transcribe if needed) and recorded, to illustrate your main points.

My lectuer stressed that we could do anything we wanted and SoP immediately came to mind. I am sure my lecturer would find it interesting as SoP are so interesting and enjoyable to listen to and very little has being written acdemically on Death Metal. I want to write about 20th Classical music's influence on the Noctumblant album and the other cultral and socio influences.

My initial thoughts on writing this essay would be discussing how the culture of metal (Bands consistenly getting heavier over the years and trying to find their own extreme niche) caused SoP to be heavily influenced by some of the most brutal music (2oth century Class) ever written and introduce it to metal in their Noctumblant album. While their is also still a large baroque influence, baroque has being a mainstay influence in metal for many years and naturally I would discuss this less.

I am already thinking of comparing Scorched with Shostakovich's String Quartet No.8 in C Minor and the other things with Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No 2 in G Minor. (Espeically the second movement)

Bryzz I would greatly appeciate if you could maybe tell me some of the biggest socio-cultral influences for you and what musical examples and composers have influenced your writing. Perhaps we could have an email interview or just one little post would help me greatly!

I would love some help though from anyone! If anyone has any ideas, advice or just 2 cents please post it here as I would love to know what you think!

Thank you for writing such brillant music that has had such an impact upon me musically.

Regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctdtc...eature=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvTTfbpWjY (Just some stuff for those curious)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mbkA...eature=related for the really DM like bit go to 0:58

Last edited by Arghoslent; 03-22-2009 at 05:37 AM..
Arghoslent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
fkoeils

Re: Spawn of Possession for University Essay: Bryzz can we talK?

Hello everyone, I have advised this service https://studymoose.com/child-development. It turns out here you can quickly and without making efforts to find everything you need. Thanks to a powerful full-text search system based on abstracts and a search engine for similar works, you can easily find essays, reports, lectures, term papers, dissertations, cheat sheets, biographies of famous personalities and other information. Guys, is this really such a good service?

Last edited by fkoeils; 12-18-2019 at 11:27 AM..
fkoeils is offline   Reply With Quote