SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Detonation

Detonation Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 07-31-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
Uphobia

The 3rd album, news and gossip ;)

News about our 3rd album!

We are going to do things slightly different than before and record our newest piece in cooperation with Split Second Sound, together with producer Jochem Jacobs(Textures)! Recordings will start around December this year, and our goal is to have things completed around January next year. Drums will probably be recorded at Excess studios, but the rest will be done at Jochem's studio in Tilburg.

We will start working on the pre-preduction a.s.a.p! Looking at Jochem's previous work and the groove and heaviness of our new songs, this new album is bound to become something very special! ;)

More news later!
Uphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
WhoCares

every album you guys do is something special... now if you'd just do that cover song you promised Maria...
WhoCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #3
Uphobia

I'll try to convince the other guys...if it wa sup to me, it would be our 1st single.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:05 AM   #4
Jaja

wich cover you guys mean?
Jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaja
wich cover you guys mean?

Take your pic I am back :D
Hا is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=58652

DETONATION Prepares To Record New Album - Sep. 18, 2006

Dutch melodic death/thrashers DETONATION have issued the following update:

"At the moment Koen [Romeijn, vocals and guitar] and Thomas [Kalksma, drums] are in the studio with CARDAMON to record their first album, but next week the recordings will be done and we will return to writing material for the new DETONATION album. Recording is scheduled for December this year, as mentioned before we'll work with Split Second Sound together with producer Jochem Jacobs and co-producer Bouke Visser. Also, we've found a more than suitable candidate to do our artwork for this album: Eliran Kantor. Although our co-operation with Niklas Sundin from Cabin Fever Media has always been very pleasant and we were very pleased with the artwork for 'An Epic Defiance' and 'Portals to Uphobia', we thought it was cool to do things a bit different this time."

DETONATION's second album, "Portals to Uphobia", was released in the U.S. last October via The End Records. The CD was issued in Europe through Osmose Productions.

The follow up to 2003's "An Epic Defiance", "Portals to Uphobia" was recorded at Excess studio in Rotterdam, Holland.
MadTinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:05 AM   #7
Uphobia

Progress on the new album is going well!
It has to, because Thomas will start with the drum recordings next month!

9 finished songs will end up on the album for sure, and we're working on the last songs at the moment. We're also doing a sort of instrumental outro probably.

Some possible song titles:

Chokedamp
Defects of the Isolated Mind
Fallout
Soul Severance
From Stone to Ash
Craven Ablaze
Fall of a Shallow Disguise

The artwork is also coming along nicely, we're trying several things to end up with the perfect cover. One thing is already certain, it's going to be totally different from the artwork you're used to see from us. But it's definitely cool, so no worries.

Cheers and keep an eye out, cause this one is gonna rock your heart out!
K.

Last edited by Uphobia; 10-19-2006 at 06:30 AM..
Old 11-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
Kinslayer

Pics of the photoshoot are on their way to Otto now ;)
Sorry for the delay!
Kinslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:43 AM   #9
Uphobia

A small delay...Thomas will now start recording the drums the first week of January. Release is still planned around April 2007.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:30 AM   #10
Nouk

A small delay we can deal with ;)
I really liked the new song I heard in Tiel last weekend. Very promising :)
Nouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #11
Uphobia

We finished the basis structures for all songs for the new album. We're now working out the last details and I'm busy with finishing the lyrics....stay tuned!
Old 12-22-2006, 03:43 AM   #12
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=64175

DETONATION To Enter Studio In January - Dec. 21, 2006

Dutch melodic death/thrashers DETONATION have issued the following update:

"We're going to the studio in January. We'll be recording with Split Second Sound with Jochem Jacobs (also guitar player for TEXTURES) and Bouke Visser. Artwork will be done by Eliran Kantor and is looking absolutely amazing so far. The album, which is our last contractual album on Osmose Productions, will be released at the end of April. Directly after the release we'll go to the U.K. for a nine-show tour and we're planning to play some festivals during the summer. A European tour is in the planning for late 2007." Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Emission Phase", "Modulate", "Chokedamp", "Fallout", "Soul Severance" and "Craven Ablaze".

In other news, DETONATION recently shot video footage of the group performing some of its new songs in the band's rehearsal room. Watch it online at this location.

DETONATION's second album, "Portals to Uphobia", was released in the U.S. in October 2005 via The End Records. The CD was issued in Europe through Osmose Productions. The follow up to 2003's "An Epic Defiance" was recorded at Excess studio in Rotterdam, Holland.
MadTinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #13
Uphobia

The recordings have started!!

Cheerio Detonators!

Yeah people, finally we have started the recordings for our upcoming 3rd full-length (working title 'party hardy', sorry about that haha ). I must tell you how excited we are, we've been looking forward to this such a long long time. So Thomas started with his drums today, with Jochem Jacobs behind the steering wheel. Mike and I will start laying down the basic guitar tracks next thursday! Hopefully all will be finished begin March.

Some of you might know all the shit we've been through as a band these last 2 years, with tours/album releases etc...but this year we're gonna set things straight. 2007 will be the year of Detonation. Not only is this new album bound to become our best work so far (we never rehearsed and prepared this well for the studio) but 2007 also marks the year for our 10th year anniversary!! And still in the same line-up as when we started! We really want to do somehting special with that, not sure what, but you'll find out! ;)

I also finished the tracklist and songtitles for the album. And of course, despite my intentions previously, all songs shapeshifted into a very cool and chronological concept...yes again I'm really happy with it.
Expect to see the album title and songtitles/artwork appear on the net really soon!

For now, that's it.

Cheers 'n beers!
Koen

Last edited by Uphobia; 01-05-2007 at 06:55 AM..
Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #14
Beardy

Sounds interesting, can't wait to hear it!

And congrats on reaching a decade together, I shall raise a beer (possibly more than one ;) ) to you over the course of the year
Beardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:23 AM   #15
Uphobia

Most of the quitars are done by now, and its turning into a kick ass album!
Otto nailed the bass as well, so now its my turn to start growling and spitting my guts again ;)

We're gonna record the vocals at our own rehearsal studio with a mobile studio, which is perfect, because it's close to my home, and we'll have plenty of time to experiment with the vocals.
After this, we'll return to Jochem's studio in Tilburg to add some more leads and extra stuff and start mixing the whole thing.

Expect some new video footage and pics soon!

Cheers n beers!
Koen