SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Alarum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alarum Website

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
PROPHECIES fORETOLD
Registered User
 
PROPHECIES fORETOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD slam gang member
Alarum Tabs!!!

I just wanted to say for all the guitar freaks out there, that there´s a Alarum tabs available at www.mysongbook.com for download. I have to say it sound pretty accurate to me.
Is it maybe also possible that the guys from Alarum could make some original tabs from their songs in powertab format? (Because this the program for this tab software is free and printable which it isn't the case with guitarpro).......


Good luck anybody with pratice this song!
PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:36 AM   #2
Evansduality
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 53
Rep Power: 15
Evansduality slam gang member
these tabs are incorrect... far from being perfect...
Evansduality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
{GRIND}
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hobart, Tas
Posts: 170
Rep Power: 17
{GRIND} slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansduality
these tabs are incorrect... far from being perfect...
No, you are!

Ben
{GRIND} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:08 AM   #4
indented_head
Registered User
 
indented_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 17
indented_head slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPHECIES fORETOLD
I just wanted to say for all the guitar freaks out there, that there´s a Alarum tabs available at www.mysongbook.com for download. I have to say it sound pretty accurate to me.
Is it maybe also possible that the guys from Alarum could make some original tabs from their songs in powertab format? (Because this the program for this tab software is free and printable which it isn't the case with guitarpro).......


Good luck anybody with pratice this song!
Guitar pro prints really nicely
indented_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
SHRED6STRING
Registered User
 
SHRED6STRING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: saint louis,misery
Posts: 869
Rep Power: 15
SHRED6STRING slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by {GRIND}
No, you are!

Ben
ah,no you are.i think the guy that actually wrote them would know dumbass!
SHRED6STRING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
Antæos
Registered User
 
Antæos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,184
Rep Power: 27
Antæos beat up jewskiAntæos beat up jewski
I think it's a joke...
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
Antæos
Registered User
 
Antæos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,184
Rep Power: 27
Antæos beat up jewskiAntæos beat up jewski
Those tabs are fucking awesome though. Really good job, even though they're apparently not as correct as they seem.
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #8
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET
 
Cloaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: São Paulo,Brasil
Posts: 7,884
Rep Power: 25
Cloaca beat up jewskiCloaca beat up jewski
At least they're formatted more nicely than Mark's tabs ;)
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #9
{GRIND}
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hobart, Tas
Posts: 170
Rep Power: 17
{GRIND} slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRED6STRING
ah,no you are.i think the guy that actually wrote them would know dumbass!
Yeh i'm stupid... but not that dumb. Much love to you for being cluey though.
{GRIND} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
SHRED6STRING
Registered User
 
SHRED6STRING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: saint louis,misery
Posts: 869
Rep Power: 15
SHRED6STRING slam gang member
yup,i have a tendencie to come off like an A-hole in these forums sometimes,so i'm told. all in humor mate, and your band sounds good btw!
SHRED6STRING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:31 AM   #11
{GRIND}
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hobart, Tas
Posts: 170
Rep Power: 17
{GRIND} slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRED6STRING
yup,i have a tendencie to come off like an A-hole in these forums sometimes,so i'm told. all in humor mate, and your band sounds good btw!
Hah it's all good man! Thanks!
{GRIND} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
Deadpool3001
Registered User
 
Deadpool3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 22
Rep Power: 0
Deadpool3001 slam gang member
Is there any chance that we could hear Alarum's Piece of Time cover.Id love to hear it \m/
Deadpool3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:59 AM   #13
ScottAlarum
Registered User
 
ScottAlarum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 82
Rep Power: 15
ScottAlarum slam gang member
Ben, Your a funny bastard, much love to you and yours.

I haven't seen the tabs but Evo tells me they're wrong which means they're wrong.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to check them out after the touring with Necrophagist etc.
Hoping to work with Prophecies Foretold down the track to get some official tab or even just do it ourselves.
ScottAlarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #14
szb
Registered User
 
szb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 105
Rep Power: 16
szb slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAlarum
Hoping to work with Prophecies Foretold down the track to get some official tab or even just do it ourselves.
Great News!
szb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD
Registered User
 
PROPHECIES fORETOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD slam gang member
I´ve seen that on www.mysongbook.com , (where I mentioned that there were some tabs to dl from Alarum), that those tabs are not longer for dl because there's a message that says: "In the waiting for a regularization with the copyright owner of this score,its download is no more possible."
.....So, can you SCOTTALARUM do something about this? I can't wait to learn those songs! And by the way: what's the bullshit about this? It's only tabs to practise, it's not mp3 or other stuff like that! So what's the problem with that mysongbook site???? :rocket:
PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #16
ChAAPY
it's one louder
 
ChAAPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 13,656
Rep Power: 30
ChAAPY beat up john dwyer
a lot of tab sites had to take down their tabs because it's another form of copyrighted material now. most bands that aren't well known don't care about this but some of the big name tab sites got shut down.
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #17
DeathDealer
Registered User
 
DeathDealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 643
Rep Power: 16
DeathDealer slam gang member
blame metallica
DeathDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #18
doomprincess
Registered User
 
doomprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
doomprincess slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPHECIES fORETOLD
I´ve seen that on www.mysongbook.com , (where I mentioned that there were some tabs to dl from Alarum), that those tabs are not longer for dl because there's a message that says: "In the waiting for a regularization with the copyright owner of this score,its download is no more possible."
.....So, can you SCOTTALARUM do something about this? I can't wait to learn those songs! And by the way: what's the bullshit about this? It's only tabs to practise, it's not mp3 or other stuff like that! So what's the problem with that mysongbook site???? :rocket:

The 'bullshit about this' is that artists own copyright to their works (not you), and those rights include the right to reproduce the work in sheet music forms, and the right to make adaptations, an arrangement or transcription ('only tabs to practise'.)

If you support Alarum in pursuing their music to the fullest, would you want them to give away part of their intellectual property for nothing? (That's no different from someone building a house, and then giving it away for nothing.)

I would encourage Alarum to take all these expressions of interest on board, TAB & notate the songs themselves, and seek a publisher. If they're really lucky, they might even have a musically literate friend who works in publishing, who could edit the manuscript. Some mousy bookish type of person, one would imagine.
doomprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:56 AM   #19
PROPHECIES fORETOLD
Registered User
 
PROPHECIES fORETOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomprincess
The 'bullshit about this' is that artists own copyright to their works (not you), and those rights include the right to reproduce the work in sheet music forms, and the right to make adaptations, an arrangement or transcription ('only tabs to practise'.)

If you support Alarum in pursuing their music to the fullest, would you want them to give away part of their intellectual property for nothing? (That's no different from someone building a house, and then giving it away for nothing.)

I would encourage Alarum to take all these expressions of interest on board, TAB & notate the songs themselves, and seek a publisher. If they're really lucky, they might even have a musically literate friend who works in publishing, who could edit the manuscript. Some mousy bookish type of person, one would imagine.



I get your point, but at the same time, that don't want or can pay such tablature books, will spread those tabs through the internet once it's released so at the end, things will stilll be the same! Welcome at the Alarum forum by the way! :beerchug:
PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:25 PM   #20
doomprincess
Registered User
 
doomprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
doomprincess slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPHECIES fORETOLD
I get your point, but at the same time, that don't want or can pay such tablature books, will spread those tabs through the internet once it's released so at the end, things will stilll be the same! Welcome at the Alarum forum by the way! :beerchug:
A professional publisher would have their own legal people, who would nip the illegal TABs in the bud, probably without nastiness. (Which keeps artists themselves out of all that, which is so much better for everyone.) Of course I do not speak for the Alarum guys on this, that's just my opinion. (They may well tell me to fuck off with my opinion. Over a vegan beer in July.) Personally, I'd rather exchange my spondoolis for the proper ms, and the artists get the royalties (rather than profit going to some website.)

Thanks for the welcome. Are you one of the SMN editorial/web developer team?
doomprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #21
PROPHECIES fORETOLD
Registered User
 
PROPHECIES fORETOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomprincess
A professional publisher would have their own legal people, who would nip the illegal TABs in the bud, probably without nastiness. (Which keeps artists themselves out of all that, which is so much better for everyone.) Of course I do not speak for the Alarum guys on this, that's just my opinion. (They may well tell me to fuck off with my opinion. Over a vegan beer in July.) Personally, I'd rather exchange my spondoolis for the proper ms, and the artists get the royalties (rather than profit going to some website.)

Thanks for the welcome. Are you one of the SMN editorial/web developer team?


No sorry, i'm not some editorial or web developer.....
PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #22
doomprincess
Registered User
 
doomprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
doomprincess slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPHECIES fORETOLD
No sorry, i'm not some editorial or web developer.....
Cheers for the friendly welcome anyway.
doomprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #23
PROPHECIES fORETOLD
Registered User
 
PROPHECIES fORETOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD slam gang member
The other Alarum tabs at www.mysongbook.com are still not for dl yet......
Does anybody has them so it can me sent to me by mail?


*Thinks that DOOMPRINCESS will be pissed off at me because of me asking this*
PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #24
Evansduality
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 53
Rep Power: 15
Evansduality slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPHECIES fORETOLD
The other Alarum tabs at www.mysongbook.com are still not for dl yet......
Does anybody has them so it can me sent to me by mail?
i have them but they arent correct, no use in learning something thats wrong. i am in touch with the tabber and hopefully we'll have the corrections done soon.
Evansduality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:49 AM   #25
PROPHECIES fORETOLD
Registered User
 
PROPHECIES fORETOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansduality
i have them but they arent correct, no use in learning something thats wrong. i am in touch with the tabber and hopefully we'll have the corrections done soon.


Dude, when you are done with it, could please send them to me? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee?
PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #26
doomprincess
Registered User
 
doomprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
doomprincess slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPHECIES fORETOLD
The other Alarum tabs at www.mysongbook.com are still not for dl yet......
Does anybody has them so it can me sent to me by mail?


*Thinks that DOOMPRINCESS will be pissed off at me because of me asking this*


Nope. (Coz I have a life.)
doomprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:56 AM   #27
ScottAlarum
Registered User
 
ScottAlarum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 82
Rep Power: 15
ScottAlarum slam gang member
I know this thread has been dead a while but I figured this is where to post it.

We've been working on the new material as already stated and have been using powertab to give each other copies of our new tunes.

So it seems very likely that we'll end up doing tab for the next album and probably go back and tab the old stuff as well.

I know Evo has already got some older stuff on the go.

I just need to find the time to get better at using it.

Its time for that old mantra - practice, practice, practice
ScottAlarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #28
PROPHECIES fORETOLD
Registered User
 
PROPHECIES fORETOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 15
PROPHECIES fORETOLD slam gang member
Question

Is there any chance that will those tabs with us?
PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #29
ScottAlarum
Registered User
 
ScottAlarum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 82
Rep Power: 15
ScottAlarum slam gang member
Sorry bout how long this reply has taken!

I'm not sure what we'll do with the tabs.

We may share them or we may look into doing some tab books.

I guess it'll depend on how we go with the new album.

There are alot of angles in terms of rights etc. as doomprincess has already pointed out. (very succinctly too I might add)

Just have to wait for now.
ScottAlarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #30
parabola5353
> Afro Dog
 
parabola5353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,206
Rep Power: 20
parabola5353 slam gang member
ill paypal you 10 dollars if i could get a few songs from the last album
parabola5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -