SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #12151
Works0fheart

Re: what are you listening to?

Works0fheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #12152
Original
DM Poser

I'm having a party over here

Ultra Death Metal party hardy

Dancing to

Then rounding off with some

And

Great time I am having
Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #12153
percivals
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

you are like the positive version of thaumo1
percivals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #12154
Original
DM Poser

Well, you know how it is. You're born into the polluted swamp, into the ruins of whatever is left of the world. You grow up on a non-upbringing and start developing ADD and mild retardation. You navigate through the polluted void, oblivious to what it is you really perceive, with no guiding hand to stand beside you to nurture you and give you advice. It's all a whatever, and so the mutated butchers of the mind pull you in and condition you until that whatever is to their benefit. And then adolescence kicks in, and in the mist of the confusion and the debasing, you start to "rebel" by getting into this Death Metal crap - and then it gets even worse.

Then you get yourself surrounded by these middle-class Black Metal hipster-nihilists who are into "the occult" and constantly rave about how individualistic they are because they live under a metro-rail and like to throw around raw entrails and pig-heads during their concerts.

And if it's not that - then you have the sterile, gear-obsessed scale-wanking macho-heads who are also into the end of the world, only instead they live with their mother and they get their daily dose of profound annihilation from video games. And then you go through a few comical years of visions of the comic-book apocalypse, and all that crap that came from somewhere I don't even know or care where it came from.

And so you grow extremely socially awkward, reclusive and autistic - plus suffering from ADD and mild retardation, on top of being dyslexic. And you search for a place - a center-sphere around which you feel people should be able to rally. But, you're weak and pathetic, because you forgot that we live in this glorious individualist world now, and it's every person for him/her-self in the shit-swamp. And you're too weak and stupid to yet comprehend this neo-survivalist thing - so you become psychotic.

So, then you end up on forums like these, expressing your stupid individuality because you don't know any better - then you get shut down and pissed on by the elite who already learned all that shit and worked their way up the douche-head narcissistic hierarchy.

And you go through all these different stages in your teenage years up until early adulthood. You cover up your weaknesses and inabilities to grasp complex thinking and the use of logic by being pretentious and aggressive, because that's "what the other morons are doing". You engage in immature passive-aggressive behavior on the lowest scale, because the world just doesn't add up to your little bubble-vision. You take things and twist and turn them, debase and fuck shit up out of context - you're so filled with hatred because your life is just too good and comfortable at the moment, so you need an excuse to fuck shit up, because atrocities are Kvlt! You're just a fucking sub-human piece of white goo who would probably be more helpful to others by shooting yourself in the face and make the doctors use all your functioning organs for transplantation.

Well, after a few years of obscenity, "breaking boundaries", sub-cultures, "alternative" whatevers, blah blah, whatever, whatever - you realize you've ended up in the same shit-swamp you were born into. You realize you never left the shit-swamp - you were there all along, living in your neurotic little ass-head.

So, lesson learned. What a trip. Wohoo. I hope you had fun, because you're only gonna get more bald from here on now, fuckhead!

Well, perhaps that was the realization I came to... And that is why some people may perceive me as the positive version of thaumo1...

Last edited by Original; 09-01-2013 at 12:05 AM..
Old 08-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #12155
ABdozen

^ best thing I've read all week
ABdozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #12156
Original
DM Poser

You see, I get these retarded little rampage moments when I just let myself go and begin typing in a bunch of crap I later regret typing. Fuck words - I just can't utilize 'em.

I also enjoy listening to Moonchild on the loudest volume whilst naked, then violently headbang and drop to the floor and roll around and convulse.

Ultra Artaud ultra collaborating with Varése, Ultra Aleister Crowley, Ultra retarded madness.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #12157
De Profoundis
۞CC♆LTIST

Rep Power: 27 De Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original View Post
Dancing to
Man, I spin this once a week. Love it. Faxed Head are great too....pity you wrote that fucking love letter...I was starting to like you.
De Profoundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #12158
Original
DM Poser

Well, I was dwelling a bit, trying to make sense out of my life. But at this point, nothing makes sense... I'm not sure it ever did. So really, my Love Letter doesn't really make sense either.

Don't take it personally.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #12159
Sculpy

This bot is an American hero.
Sculpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #12160
Original
DM Poser

Well, okay, the point was: I went through all those phases, and looking back at it, I can't for the life of me understand how I didn't come to evolve quicker than I did. I feel as if I am 16 years of age now, yet I am only a few years away from being 10 year older than that. I look at teenagers today, and they look so beautiful and seem so intelligent and full of hope. But is it just me projecting, though. It might as well be. Perhaps I am jealous of those extra years of youthfulness they possess. But, on the other hand, what does it matter - how would things have turned up differently.

If I was to be a pretty normal teenager, I would've smoked a lot of weed and had plenty of nice sex with a high-school sweetheart. But, no, I became a dysfunctional and obnoxious teenager, resenting sex and drugs. It kicks me in the face to have to admit that if I met my teenage-self today, I would probably have disliked that person. But there was nothing I could do at the time - I didn't have anything to compare to. I tried my best. I really did. Boxed in.

Perhaps it's true that the teenage years are pretty horrible for many people, no matter how normal or dysfunctional you may be. Having to go through adolescence, especially today with all the information we get fed and all the excessive social conditioning of our minds. But also having go about and trying to make sense out of all the confusion and horrors of the world.

It's funny, because I grew up in a idyllic place where all these dreams of utopia were fed to us, only to come crashing down into our faces. What the hell is happening, you ask yourself. Why am I not able to comprehend? That's growing up, isn't it. Now what?

Well, now I can laugh most of it off. Yes I am struggling with my limitation, and my lack of intelligence. But it's great to have been able to discover that the world is gargantuan, and the infinity of the universe is even a greater comfort. Just look at it! How can you not be a positive person at this point. Love is really the only thing worth living for.

And so I am returning to this book, from time to time: http://www.scribd.com/doc/32973654/S...y-Henry-Corbin

It has been a great help. Truly. Yet it still eludes me - but I feel something is there. It is there. Don't you feel it?

Wow, now I feel much better again!!

Last edited by Original; 09-01-2013 at 04:40 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #12161
(((OdiumNostrum

...so far, so good
(((OdiumNostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #12162
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS

best waking up album ever madepretty much
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #12163
BillyWitchDoctor.Com
Ultra Mega Chickun

Jammin dat old-school northern hyperblast! By the way anyone know what ever happened to Sylvain Houde?
BillyWitchDoctor.Com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #12164
Tehom

Will need to give the new Ruins of Beverast a listen soon.

NP: Rome - Flowers From Exile

(best way to cope with 3-day drinking hangover)
Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #12165
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 25 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((OdiumNostrum View Post

...so far, so good

This is some good shit. Needs a listen or two more, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes my Top 10 albums of 2013.
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #12166
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 25 Lichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewski

Ordered the shit out of it and all the shirts they had. Gonna come tomorrow. So excited.
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #12167
De Profoundis
۞CC♆LTIST

Rep Power: 27 De Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of lightDe Profoundis is a glorious beacon of light

De Profoundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #12168
(((OdiumNostrum

Hold your horses...its not on the same level as Foulest imo, but still an enjoyable record.

np
Old 09-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #12169
gein

Quote:

...so far, so good
what album is this?
gein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #12170
(((OdiumNostrum

The Ruins of Beverast - Blood Vaults
Old 09-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #12171
gein

vielen dank

reminds me that i need to start digesting the ruins of beverast discography since ive heard nothing but superlative things about the project.
gein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #12172
Jizzlobber
Generic Title

Jizzlobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #12173
PROPHECIES fORETOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWitchDoctor.Com View Post

Jammin dat old-school northern hyperblast! By the way anyone know what ever happened to Sylvain Houde?
Classic stuff from the 90's! I wondered that myself, but it seems that Sylvian Houde got schizophrenia, and the rumour goes that he had this since the beginning with Kataklysm! Check him out at the 0:30 mark....It's sad to see him like that, I mean: he had sooooo much energy on stage! I hope one day he recovers and starts a band that sounded like old Kataklysm but I don't think that it will be happen...

PROPHECIES fORETOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #12174
Alejandro4891

mammoth grinder-revenge

great song
Alejandro4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #12175
Dunlop

Jeremiah Jae - Bad Jokes (if you like mf doom its worth a listen)
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #12176
TheBlackFlux

Kill the Client - Cleptocracy
TheBlackFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #12177
Azathoth Shrugged
uniquely unqualified

Quote:

...so far, so good
same. 'A Failed Exorcism' is amazing.
Azathoth Shrugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #12178
alteredstate

Remastered, sounds so tits.
alteredstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #12179
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Profoundis View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure if like

anyways been on a binge of

and then a bunch of al di meola + mclaughlin + paco de lucia jams and bach guitar playthroughs

Last edited by ceddeeoo; 09-03-2013 at 09:55 PM..
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #12180
emperadorXXIV

Hi, I'd like some quality Bossa Nova recommendations please.

emperadorXXIV is offline   Reply With Quote