Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Incinerate Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

INCINERATE slam gang member
Scott scores a virgin

I just picked up this BC Rich Virgin N7. It was built in 2000, but it's in mint condition. Next week I'll be replacing the stock pickups with a DiMarzio Evolution 7 at the bridge and a DiMarzio LiquiFire 7 at the neck. I'll also be installing copper shielding throughout all electronics cavities. I'll post more pics of the work in progress. This guitar will be used on our next album which is currently being written.

INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Vriend
Afro Dog

Vriend is luke jaeger
Why the choice for a 7 string now? I thought you didn't like 7 strings or something along those lines.
Any luck at finding a bassplayer?
Vriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriend View Post
Why the choice for a 7 string now? I thought you didn't like 7 strings or something along those lines.
Any luck at finding a bassplayer?
Because a 7 string is just more fitting for the new material I'm writing for the next album. I could have done it on a 6 string using our usual D standard tuning, but in our attempt to create something different with each album, I felt a 7 string would help achieve this while also helping achieve the musical direction I'm going for.

No bass players yet, but we've got a few that have tab and claim to be working on a couple songs. Just waiting to see if any of them put up some videos.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
Vriend
Afro Dog

Vriend is luke jaeger
Get the bassplayer and then get your ass over to Europe mkay?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriend View Post
Get the bassplayer and then get your ass over to Europe mkay?
Yes, we're aware that you'd like to see us play in Europe. We were actually supposed to play the NRW Deathfest in Germany last month, but because we were asked like 2 weeks before the fest, we didn't have time to get a passport issue resolved in time for our drummer.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Inertiopus

Inertiopus slam gang member
Why B.C. rich ? I have only played their Nj/platinum series stuff but it was all below average. Want to try out a U.S.A. model. I personally would have gone with Ibanez for a 7 string.
Inertiopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiopus View Post
Why B.C. rich ? I have only played their Nj/platinum series stuff but it was all below average. Want to try out a U.S.A. model. I personally would have gone with Ibanez for a 7 string.
BC Rich, cause I love the shape. I think it plays fairly nice. The heavy headstock sort of sucks though, and it's nearly impossible to play anything above the 21st fret because of how deep the frets go into the guitar body, along with that point in the body and comes out below the neck. Other than that it's great.

I was considering Ibanez for quite a while. I wasn't really interested in their cheaper models though ($500) and they only have blue or white for color options on their pretiege models, so the only other metal looking option was the UV777 Universe model. I can get one new through a connection I have for $1600, but even at that great deal, I didn't know if I wanted to spend that much on a guitar I may only use for one album.

But we'll see. I need more time with this virgin to see if I like her or not. If not, I might go the Universe route.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
Vriend
Afro Dog

Vriend is luke jaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCINERATE View Post
Yes, we're aware that you'd like to see us play in Europe. We were actually supposed to play the NRW Deathfest in Germany last month, but because we were asked like 2 weeks before the fest, we didn't have time to get a passport issue resolved in time for our drummer.
2 weeks before the fest? That really is short before hand, even for a German band. Let alone all the way from the US.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you will find a bassplayer soon enough. (Damn, do they even exist lol)
Old 10-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Eventhough it was short notice, we were prepared to play it had we not had the passport problem. I'm not 100% sure, but I think we'll be playing NRW next year though.

Just finding a good bassist is tough, then finding one that wants/can join our band is nearly impossible. We've given tabs to 5 people so far in the past 6 weeks that said they were interested, but nothing has come of it yet from any of them.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
Somnium
Obscured Reality

Somnium slam gang member
Hey Scott, will you be playing any new material with the 7-string on the upcoming tour?
Somnium is offline   Reply With Quote