Vile Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
ReducedToAshes

Vile - Lyrics/BLogg?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...a-02986cb40a8e

is this an official Vile Blog entry?

anyway, all i can say is how happy i am to read this kind of stuff. I've been out of the death metal scene for quite some time because, quite frankly, murder/death/satan used to be cool back when i was in highschool, and that was many years ago. it served its purpose i guess. but now lyrical content is important to me as it signifies the direction/thought process of the musicians and fans alike. thinking/meditating about death all the time doesnt help anyone. i never have liked Xianity, but the older i get the more mellow i become, and violent thoughts can often ruin my day. id rather think of pleasant things, rather than murder. to witness such an act would scar me for life, though millions are forced into just such acts daily.

i dunno, i just cant follow my animal instincts and gut reactions anymore. this kind of thinking often lies parallel ( at least it did for me ) with anger. of anger, i have none anymore. as i discovered there really is no object for my anger, and as such my anger just fizzles and disolves. in angers absence, i have a hard time dealing with much of the lyrical content that death metal delivers. Anger is as useful as poking oneself in the eye with a sharp stick. it just doesnt go anywhere and often it backfires, though some still hold on to NSBM and NSDM, neither of which i can tolerate.

i cant glorify death and murder and war anymore, there is no glory there. only suffering/pain and treachery, most often against innocent people

i can only hope the link provided resonates with people and trickles down and starts debate/discussion.
ive long since vowed never to take up arms against another being, simply because i couldn't deal with the aftermath, but my vow is one as a hope to somehow create some sort of peace (inner/outer) and focus on more positive goals.

its quite possible i will take a lot of heat for this given the nature of the scene but no matter, it must be said. there is nothing wrong with death metal style, but the ideas behind it are cold and weary, going no where.

I think that Mobid Angel (especially Trey) and Decrepit Birth, and Misery Index are good examples of what Death Metal can be. no other bands come to mind at the moment

all comments positive or negative are welcome:
moc1liamg@yahoo.com
ReducedToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #2
vile_ator

Cynic of course is a good example. Athiest, Pestillence. There are others. Chuck's lyrics were pretty deep, although still angry. Do what you have to do. That's what I am doing. If people like the my new lyrical direction, then they do. Those that dont can either ignore that part, or find a different band that satisfies them more. This blog was saying that I have to do what I need to do, and the rest of us should think about weather or not they think its positive or not. It was an invitation to think about what they are participating in.

Colin
vile_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
Choronzon

I actually fully support this decision you took with the lyical concept, Colin. More bands should try something different with the genre.

This whole "gore" thing is becoming boring after this many years.
Choronzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
GravesOfTheFathers

Probably the only Vile blog/bulletin I've agreed with so far...nice read though.