SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Rotten Sound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rotten Sound Website

Old 08-30-2006, 03:51 AM   #1
In Vermis Veritas

In Vermis Veritas slam gang member
RIP JESSE PINTADO

After many months of hassle, my local distro in Cape Town is finally ordering my own copies of "Murderworks" and "Exit." Which is the bit of pick-me-up I need...

Guitarist Jesse Pintado (Terrorizer, Napalm Death, Lock Up) died while in a diabetic coma in the Netherlands.

Death comes to all of us, but this is crushing. Jesse was and will always be remembered as one of the most unique and devestating guitarists in grind. "World Downfall" is a grind foundation, and his work with Napalm is superb. The last few years were tough on Jesse, as he was struggling with severe alcoholism, and had to leave Napalm Death as a result. Happily, he seemed on good terms with his ex-bandmates and was looking to the future with Terrorizer before he passed away.

Please spin some Terrorizer, Napalm and Lock Up, down a beer and celebrate Jesse's life and music. I'd like to think that he and Mieszko have begun forming the ultimate grind band in the great beyond!

RIP Jesse
In Vermis Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
Rotten G(rind)

Rotten G(rind) slam gang member
Sad, sad news.

Terrorizer was the 1st grind-core I could understand personally. I got into ND, Repulsion, ENT and many other great ones very soon after that, but before World Downfall I was a sorry-ass Slayer-Sepultura-Death-Pestilence-dude.

Rotten Sound owes a big time to Jesse Pintado's way to create grind-core and probably I would be in some (boring) Death-Metal band, if I would have missed his effort to make the world faster. It's much more fun to be in a boring grind-core band and follow these huge footsteps.

Rest In Peace, Jesse.

Keijo
Rotten G(rind) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
In Vermis Veritas

I'm all over your split with the psychotic Pig Destroyer! Could you give us some details?!

Well, we were supposed to record some extra songs when we made the latest Mini-CD, but unfortunately we didn't have time for that when Kai left & Sami joined. Even when the transition was as smooth as it could be, it always takes some time to change members. As for the future, now we plan to record extra-trax on our next studio session (which will be full-lenght session) & PD is the 1st on out list if they still want to do the split when we failed to do it at the agreed time... I think they will, but you never know when THEY have again something to put on the RS-split...

Anyway, catch ya later, and thank you so much for the kind words on Jesse and Terrorizer. No pressure, but someday in the future... you guys have to debate on a common favourite Terrorizer song... AND COVER IT! You have to!
:D Rotten Sound doing "Corporation Pull-In" or "Infestation?" Oh yeah.

We've already done "Dead Shall Rise" on the Unholy Grave split and I think that it's our fave.

Keijo

Last edited by Rotten G(rind); 08-30-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Rotten G(rind)

Oh shit... I accidently edited your message instead of quoting... This board has the most retarded moderator there is...

The Moderator
Old 08-31-2006, 04:56 AM   #5
In Vermis Veritas

Heh heh, no worries!

I've been chatting to Richard, guitarist and frontguy of Drugs of Faith (cool noise/grind) via e-mail, who is mates with Pig Destroyer's JR. He told me on the down-low that DOF are also slated for the split series... but PD have been below the radar doing work for the new album. The split series IS going ahead, after the new album work, so probably at the start of 2007. So, it's in the works. I once asked JR what his favourite heavy bands were. He rightly said too many to list but a few included: Eyehategod, pg.99, Assuck, Napalm Death and some dudes named "Rotten Sound..." ;)

A good bud of mine has been in London since the start of last year and has seen some mighty shows. He said, amongst all the grind crewcuts he must have been one of the three long-hairs at the Sayyadina/RS show in Jan. Needless to say, he said he wished I was there, and that you both fucked the place up! Wish I had a time machine to go back and see your tour with the mighty Disfear!

---> I'm heading to London in November. Are RS planning any last gigs before the New Year? I'll make a plan to see you someday, somehow... but I was hoping...
If Napalm Death and Entombed can tour Cape Town, maybe you guys should plan a vacation, heh heh!

Ok, later. I'll write some crap in a bit.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:32 AM   #6
Rotten G(rind)

We're planning to do something in UK quite soon, but those plans are still too open to be revealed... Anyway, you may have a change to see us, if you're in London in between Nov & New Year... That's all that I can say now.

Also, if there's a promoter who's able to fly RS to cape town for a long weekend or something like that, we're very interested in coming over... I just don't know if our CDs are really available in there to have enough crowd to pay that flight money... So, perhaps that won't happen before the next album, which hopefully will be again disributed wider than anything else we've done so far???

But if you know some contacts, send me a line to rottensound@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Keijo
Old 08-31-2006, 08:15 AM   #7
In Vermis Veritas

Ok will keep my eyes peeled!

HOLY SHIT!! That would be brilliant if RS could come down here and show these Emo kids how it's done! Honestly, our populace of forward-thinking underground extreme/grind fans is small, but dedicated. Most kids here are led by what they see in Kerrangg! But it would rule, and I support it.
Witchdoctor Records is the closest thing we have to a heavy label in SA. Over the past few years through their efforts, they brought over The Haunted, Entombed and Sepultura.
--> I'd say: your band will come here on a paying vacation. You'll make some cash (not lose), organise to see the sights and have a great time in the sun! I'll see what details for promo I can find, then be in touch!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
rectum

Question rytmikorjaamo

Niin mikäs päivä tuuttekaan sinne korjaamolle helmikuussa?