SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Strong Intention

Strong Intention Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
xfinalconflictx

Tour Diary Part 3

Long drive to santa fe, but we made it early and hung out in the beautiful weather with IB . Cool show, lots of kids a great DI Y space called Wharehouse 21 which is run by my man Sunnys mom ( dude from WATCH THEM DIE). BIGOTA showed up super late but still got to play .We stayed with the promoter Anthony that night. Next was Phoenix, some thrash kids came and hung out with us and it was another cool DIY spot called Modified Arts. Super hot in there , but hey its Phoenix. A hooker wanted me to go to her house for a small fee of $200!!! I tried to turn her on to the IB dudes, but she was not ready for the NYC train apparently.Afterwards we went to hang out with WARFAIR as it was my boys Chris birthday. Major rager kegger , sweet. ETTS also played the show and kicked my ass.The next 7 days were in California.the 4 days we were in SO CA, we stayed at my aunts place in Riverside and we were MAD hooked up with our own 2 rooms to stay seperrated from everyone else. Condo on the golf course with a sweet pool and a killer grocery store up the street, yeah it was nice. There was a 5.4 earthquake while we were out in the parking lot one day, scared the hell out of me and Chaz. Show wise: Hollywood was , eh eh. John Finnberg was there ( oh happy day) and Danny Crematorium did the show and fed us , which is always nice. Showcase theater kicked ass !! Bunch of crusty kids were there and went psycho when we played. Good times. My 80+ year old aunt came to the show as well, cause she is fucking HARDCORE !!! San Diego show was small, dudes from Cattle Decapitation came and hung out, good dudes-good friends. Chaz got the killer CHEEEBAAAAA that night as well. I think he was in a coma for the next several days. Allen theater show got cancelled the day of which was weak !! Long beach show was small , it was a replacement of a cancelled show, so we made the best of it. Headed to NO CA and played in Sacto, Kirby UNrest and Mikey Hoods hooked everything up and it was a cool show @ WCWW. SF was next and the show sucked. Show I think should have been somewhere else cause I have never played a show to less than 50 kids in SF and this show was like 15 kids. I think the people who come to see SI were not into seeing us in a bigger place . Food was great, sound was killer, and the promoter JIMMY did not pay any of us .What a dick.So we leave CA and find out that the RENO show is cancelled, yet the kid still paid us which was nice. So we stayed in reno, all the bands got a hotel room and we just partied the night away. Next was SLC, Utah and the show was small, promoter took care of us ( at first) , I met a female lady friend of mine and missed some of the bands, it happens.Promoter then shorted us over $200 with a promise to wire the money by that friday, which was June 25th. To this day, he has still not done it and continues to lie about it . What a scumbag !! Next day was WYoming and it was killer. 200+ kids, lots of beer, food, just a great show in everyway. HAIL WYoming !!
Our last installment will be posted tomorrow and it will cover the last 10 days of tour. THRASH !!!
xfinalconflictx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:50 AM   #2
tamponsqueezer

Once again - this diary rocks!
tamponsqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote