Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Electro Quarterstaff

Electro Quarterstaff Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
77mausoleum
Seinfeld-Core

Favorite EQ riff?

I gotta with the Burke worship legato section in Twisted Squid. Also, the Ripping Corpse intro for Titanium Overlords brings the air-guitar like crazy.
77mausoleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
drew johnston

yeah the lethargy worship at the end of "squid" is some of my favourite stuff on the record. i had those noodles sitting around for so long before i could deep fry them in alternating 3/4 waltz blasts. i remember the first section of riffs in that song with the three different tails being really difficult and tedious to teach drummer dan.

the string skipping stampede of blastitude at about 5:20 of "get sick" makes me want to squirt cum all over some model's neck and lick it off. also, that song is chocked full of carcass-y pirate riffs that i really like, esp. with the more mid-paced harmonies we mapped out.

the general gorgutsian dissonance of "titanium" was really satisfying to put together. it's all about that clangy shit once in a while. the ripping corpse kargaroo hops that start at 1:19 always give me a good feeling, especially when the tail gets extended into polka rhythm with the blasting behind it. that song was alot of hard work to arrange with all those different parts intersecting and dovetailing into almost "invisible grooves". some cool accents and timings in that song. i love the fact that it's a total fucking streamroller back-to-front with no obligatory romantic melody to reel in the fags. kind of an ode to suffocation's practice of "sustained intensity".
drew johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
Haerectem
my name sucks

The Opening of Neckwrecker.
Haerectem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
yuqingeng2005

Smile juesting21

The following is supposedly a true story. To be included, besides being true, the story is most likely strange, weird, surprising, or funny.New York, NYPolice across the nation are warning people who wear pagers to be on the lookout for the latest scam.According to police, pagers in several states have been beeped by a number displaying a 212 area code (New York) and the prefix 540. When the victims return the call, they are charged $55 on their phone bill.The call the respondent makes has been electronically linked into a 900 "pay-per-call" system which allows the charge to be added to the phone bill."People will look at the number and say 'Gee, who is calling me from out of state? It must be important,'" said an investigator.Corrosion inhibitorWaste water treatmentWater treatment chemicals
yuqingeng2005 is offline   Reply With Quote