SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Atheist

Atheist Website

Old 08-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Metamorphicle

Metamorphicle slam gang member
Regarding Psychedelics...

I have been thinking about this for quite some time, and if I'm not mistaken I believe Kelly has had some experience with MJ. (Live footage of 'Air' being my main source of information.)

So my question is: Have you guys ever tripped on Psilocybin mushrooms? If so, did it affect the way you live your life/the way you create music? Also, how old were you? If not, is it something that you might consider doing today or might've considered doing in the past?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Adam
Metamorphicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Reincremation
deranged from bud

Reincremation beat up john dwyer
oh mah gawd ya dat wud be siqqqqq

n can u post other bands that did shrumz 2?
Reincremation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
quigonkick
Flynnstitutionalized

quigonkick slam gang member
HOLYCRAPAREYOUFRICKINKIDDINGME?!?!?

Nearly 24 THOUSAND posts?!

Dude...
quigonkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Metamorphicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkick View Post
HOLYCRAPAREYOUFRICKINKIDDINGME?!?!?

Nearly 24 THOUSAND posts?!

Dude...
If every post looked like that it'd be easy. Just randomly going around spamming some stupid shit.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Reincremation
deranged from bud

Reincremation beat up john dwyer
well i've been a member for six years and i'm at work, on a computer, with nothing to do all day. ten posts a day during an 8 hour work day isn't exactly earth-shattering.

but my point is that your question is totally juvenile, obviously the members of atheist have done shrooms before, most musicians have, especially in the metal scene, where weed and psychedelics are prevalent. most adults and most professional musicians aren't really into posting about their drug experiences on public message boards, though the members of atheist can feel free to prove me wrong. i just think your question is a little tactless and reads like "oh my gawd, i just started doing shrooms and i think they're just the best!! aren't they just the best guys?!"
Reincremation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Metamorphicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincremation View Post
well i've been a member for six years and i'm at work, on a computer, with nothing to do all day. ten posts a day during an 8 hour work day isn't exactly earth-shattering.

but my point is that your question is totally juvenile, obviously the members of atheist have done shrooms before, most musicians have, especially in the metal scene, where weed and psychedelics are prevalent. most adults and most professional musicians aren't really into posting about their drug experiences on public message boards, though the members of atheist can feel free to prove me wrong. i just think your question is a little tactless and reads like "oh my gawd, i just started doing shrooms and i think they're just the best!! aren't they just the best guys?!"
Actually, I haven't even tried it yet. You got me though, I recently found myself interested in hallucinogenic drugs. Finding the metal scene to be mostly dominated by alcohol and the occasional joint (you don't see a lot of people with "Legalize Psilocybin" shirts), I felt the urge to pose the question to one of my favourite bands. Go easy on me, hehe.

Of course I don't normally go around on forums asking public personalities about their experiences with illegal substances, but seeing as Kelly seems to be fine with spilling it I thought "Hey, why not?". I am only human.

Gotta give you credit for the avatar and your taste in music, by the way. Rattle your god damn head!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
TheLepper

TheLepper slam gang member
I think you have the wrong impression of psychedelic drugs. They won't change your life drastically or completely change your views on the world unless you're an extremely impressionable, unstable individual. Mostly they offer a bit of insight, truth, or a different perspective on some subjects, depending on your own persona/environment when tripping.

Also, doesn't Kelly smoke up before almost every jam? I've always thought he was a rather large pothead...Don't take my word for that though.
TheLepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
Metamorphicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLepper View Post
I think you have the wrong impression of psychedelic drugs. They won't change your life drastically or completely change your views on the world unless you're an extremely impressionable, unstable individual. Mostly they offer a bit of insight, truth, or a different perspective on some subjects, depending on your own persona/environment when tripping.

Also, doesn't Kelly smoke up before almost every jam? I've always thought he was a rather large pothead...Don't take my word for that though.
Thank you for proving to me that my impression of psychedelic drugs has been correct all the time. I only asked them if it had changed the way the view life. A lot of people have reported gaining a brighter perspective on life.

I guess a lot of bad shit could happen if nobody was around to bring people down to earth though, so I respect you for that!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #9
TheLepper

TheLepper slam gang member
They definitely can give you a brighter perspective, but from my experience they can also make life harder...Once you see through all the bullshit it can be hard to forget...Once the door is open there is no closing it.

They increase your appreciation for a lot of things, while also showing you how messed up a lot of things are....I'd say it's all subjective to the individuals experience.
TheLepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
ElementsofTime
Fuck my life

ElementsofTime slam gang member
Solution: Give me your drugs and fuckin' go it sober.

------------Better known as a man of few words.-------------

ElementsofTime is offline   Reply With Quote