SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:22 AM   #1
Robinator

Chicago Domination Fest 5...

Well, since it's only a month away.. who else here (other than myself ) will be attending this year? Perhaps the best line up to date in my opinion.. Xenomorphic Contamination, Relics of Humanity, Abnormal Inhumane, Stages of Decomposition, Gorgasm, and Vomit Remnants final U.S. appearance!!

FUUUU... it's like MDF circa '04 again, haha..

v
Robinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
ABdozen

Re: Chicago Domination Fest 5...

Definitely trying to go, the lineup is too fun to miss. Gonna be flying back from OEF a couple days before so we'll see.
I feel like Vomit Remnants have broken up 3 times now. Also kinda holding out to see who cancels since that seems to happen a lot with these bands. Bought a ticket mostly to see Epicardiectomy at CDF before and them and a handful of others dropped.
ABdozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 24 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of

Thought about going a day or two, but I'll be in St. Louis for work at a beer fest that weekend. Have fun for me for those that are going!
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
Robinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABdozen View Post
Definitely trying to go, the lineup is too fun to miss. Gonna be flying back from OEF a couple days before so we'll see.
I feel like Vomit Remnants have broken up 3 times now. Also kinda holding out to see who cancels since that seems to happen a lot with these bands. Bought a ticket mostly to see Epicardiectomy at CDF before and them and a handful of others dropped.
Yeah, I also held off on buying my 3 day pass for the same reason. Bad enough that Benighted dropped off because they were one of the bands I really wanted to see. That said, as of now I only booked my flight because with the travel protection I paid for, I can get a refund if I perhaps choose not to go. Let's just hope the promoter has better luck than the dudes who run MDF, lol..
Robinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
pooptastik
son of cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinator View Post
Yeah, I also held off on buying my 3 day pass for the same reason. Bad enough that Benighted dropped off because they were one of the bands I really wanted to see. That said, as of now I only booked my flight because with the travel protection I paid for, I can get a refund if I perhaps choose not to go. Let's just hope the promoter has better luck than the dudes who run MDF, lol..
Concert goers have to keep in mind that when a band drops off it's not completely the promoter's fault. Various things come to play - a lot of times it's the band's themselves, and especially with the current US administration, the immigration process has become stricter especially for bands that are not from "ideal countries."
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #6
ABdozen

Totally don't think its the CDF dudes fault for most of the bands in years past. Seems like the brutal death/slam scene has more bands that will commit far in advance then drop off for work/expense/injury reasons a month before the show.
Also Gorgasm is cool but a pretty unexciting replacement for Wormed.. The promoter put a poll on FB to see who people wanted as a headliner to replace a band from Spain and they chose one from the same state Zzzz
Lineup still tops any of the other fests this year for brutal death
ABdozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:57 AM   #7
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 24 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABdozen View Post
Also Gorgasm is cool but a pretty unexciting replacement for Wormed.. The promoter put a poll on FB to see who people wanted as a headliner to replace a band from Spain and they chose one from the same state Zzzz
Hey, don't give Illinois credit for what belongs to Indiana!
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote