SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Atheist

Atheist Website

Old 03-13-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
zyquix

zyquix slam gang member
Frank Emmi

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of this guy? And has anyone heard of his band, 'Gentlemen Death'? (or any other media) I'm assuming he was with them before Atheist, but it could have been after. 'See You Again' is awesome, best interlude on the album (well, aside from 'Samba Briza').

"What do you guys think about using death row inmates for animal experimentation instead of animals?....I mean giving them the optional choice, not just.. using them" -Paul Masvidal
zyquix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #2
unheard1

unheard1 slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyquix
Does anyone know of the whereabouts of this guy? And has anyone heard of his band, 'Gentlemen Death'? (or any other media) I'm assuming he was with them before Atheist, but it could have been after. 'See You Again' is awesome, best interlude on the album (well, aside from 'Samba Briza').
He is currently sitting in charlotte county jail unfortunately, he is/was an amazing talent. :1po: Free frank emmi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unheard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #3
epitaph

epitaph beat up jewski
What happened there?
epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
Germ Cell

Germ Cell slam gang member
Marijuana possession?
Germ Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #5
WhoCares

WhoCares slam gang member
I can't believe you go to jail for that...

WhoCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
phodg

phodg slam gang member
Depends how much you have, I suppose.
phodg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
WhoCares

Obviously, if Bush can get re-elected after lying about WMDs in Iraq, and bailing out on Afganistan after not managing to find Bin Laden (and still not found him)... Someone with a shitload of/some Marijuana is obviously a threat to the nation and should be jailed.

Anyways, I have no idea if that is the case or not. (with Frank Emmi)

Old 03-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #8
metaldick

metaldick slam gang member
Good god, you can't go any where with out hearing about Bush. Can we at least leave him out of a damn Metal forum. It's getting OLD!!!!!
metaldick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
WhoCares

I am Canadian, and despite living in Spain, feel it's every Canadian's obligation to give the Americans a hard time about him...

(actually technically I'm half American... I have a right to rant lol)

Old 03-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #10
metaldick

metaldick slam gang member
Canada is Americas hat, but I don't think that makes you half American ;) JK

I just hate politics where it doesn't belong.
metaldick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #11
zyquix

zyquix slam gang member
yeah why bother?

(pun intended)

didnt Rand go to jail for that?

"What do you guys think about using death row inmates for animal experimentation instead of animals?....I mean giving them the optional choice, not just.. using them" -Paul Masvidal
Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 AM   #12
WhoCares

And actually yes being Canadian doesn't make me 1/2 American, but my Dad being American does.

enjoy!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #13
AndThePsychicSaw

AndThePsychicSaw slam gang member
Fuck man busted for weed. I fucking hate that! What a stupid law. I can see it for shit like Heroin and stuff but Weed? Come on... Weed hasn't ever harmed anyone. Its even used for medical purposes. It should be legal like cigarettes and alcohol.
AndThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #14
WhoCares

I no longer smoke (at all) and I think it's a stupid law...

"Land of the Free to do what we tell you to do" :P

Old 03-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #15
unheard1

unheard1 slam gang member
He is not in for weed.

Just to clear that up , he is not in for weed directly, he was on probation and pissed dirty so it's kind of as a result of weed, but he is not in any super serious trouble, but he is currently in and we are trying to get him out as we speak. Cheers Kelly p.s. gentlemen death has been done for over 12 years!!
unheard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #16
zyquix

zyquix slam gang member
oh, well, excuse me.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #17
Germ Cell

Germ Cell slam gang member
Unhappy

Appologies for the initial marijuana comment; I didn't mean to start anything with that. I should have made it more clear that I was going for more of a "It had better not be for marijuana possession...FUCK those laws!" My bad.
Germ Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:29 AM   #18
alessio

alessio slam gang member
are there any news?
alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #19
blackout6919

blackout6919 slam gang member
frank emii

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyquix View Post
hes doin tattoos now.... he just did mine last week..yea he is an amazing guitar player
blackout6919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #20
es1979

es1979 slam gang member
Frank Emmi

He served a year in prison for stealing from his grandmother, if you must know - he is a piece of shit that can't support his children, mainly due to a meth addiction - keep praising this loser, he is a 40-something that has done nothing with his life
es1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #21
nocturnus1977

nocturnus1977 slam gang member
if that's true, it's very sad...

he was such a great guitarist...
nocturnus1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #22
quigonkick
Flynnstitutionalized

quigonkick slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by es1979 View Post
He served a year in prison for stealing from his grandmother, if you must know - he is a piece of shit that can't support his children, mainly due to a meth addiction - keep praising this loser, he is a 40-something that has done nothing with his life
What's your source?
quigonkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #23
es1979

es1979 slam gang member
Personal account - I do agree that he has alot of talent, artistically and musically, but it takes a special kind of person to apply that level of talent in a positive way - Frank is not that special kind of person - he is a master at manipulation, end of story

Last edited by es1979; 07-17-2010 at 07:52 PM.
es1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #24
quigonkick
Flynnstitutionalized

quigonkick slam gang member
es,

Before anything, I'm not calling you a liar. It's impossible for me to try to prove otherwise yet it is also impossible to provide support for what you've said. I do find it odd that your first two posts here are vague "trust me on this" and/or negative references to his character. It's no secret he's been in trouble... I get that... but I guess I'm not one to quickly break out the gas chamber without knowing more.

I cannot claim to know Frank. I only know him through his work on Elements and from a couple of phone calls I had with him a couple of years ago. The guy was very cool to me and sounded like he was talking from a place of fresh stability in his life. (I know... I could be wrong but that's not my point.) For me, to think otherwise would involve serious extrapolation based only on hearsay.

What are you trying to accomplish with your posts? I mean, with ALL the negativity out there with people claiming to know more than band X or having "the scoop" (usually derived from drawing LONG conclusions based on the always-trusty writings on the net ), who are you helping here and what are you getting done? Even if you could produce solid evidence to back up everything you've said, what good would it do? I guess it would be different if someone here was about to hand over a fortune to someone you know for a fact would screw them and you felt you needed to signal a warning, but that isn't the case here.

Just curious.
quigonkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #25
torianna

torianna slam gang member
Smile

es,
I think everyone needs to hear the real story here..... first of all es I bet I know exactly who you are..... but Frank did not steal ANYTHING from his grandmother, he was arrested for bad checks! Second of all Frank is an incredible father who calls his son every night, drives to pick him up every weekend, pays for the boy's phone, etc. Now, es, just because Frank pushed you aside because you are a piece of s**t doesn't mean you need to spread lies all over the internet!!!

Thank you,
Frank's Wife
torianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #26
Sljt

Sljt slam gang member
Re: Frank Emmi

As for all the questions regarding Frank Emmi, allow me to clear up some open ended questions, accusations, and false reports. Yes this response is based on personal relationships. You may call it "here say" and you may want to defend the former artist. I get it. We don't want to see those we love, admire, respect in a negative light.
Frank Emmi is a talented musician and artist.
He is charming, funny, smart, and has the ability to lead others.
HOWEVER, he has not used the talent in which he fortunate to possess in a positive manner.
He has given a 17 year old drugs, had sex with her, had her sell drugs, cheated on her with a 15 girl in which he have drugs to. Ecstasy, crystal meth, acid, marijauna, and LSD. This is when he was 29.
He has 2 children. Oldest is a boy, 15 now. Youngest is a girl, 13 now. He isn't allowed to see his daughter and has "supervised visitation" with his son in which he does not follow. He's doesn't show up to court. Had never paid child support for either one.
He taught his son to sell drugs.
He STOLE from his grandmother by fraudulently signing her name on 3 checks, earning him 9 felony charges. He was placed on probation and tested positive for meth amphetamines. He went to prison for a year.
The ignorant comment about paying his phone bill. Calling him every night.
EXCUSE ME, but dare I say that children cost A LOT more than $60 metro pcs phone bill. REQUIRE A LOT more than a phone call at night.
LET ME CLEAR THIS UP.
I had an honor student who was loving, thoughtful, sweet, and happy. He made good choices. His dad didn't pay attention to him.
I watched a boy wait for a man who never called. A man who never showed up or took hours after he said he'd be there. I watched a boy take 4.5 years to earn his first degree black belt. I also watched him watch the door throughout his entire 4 hour testing after 4.5 years to see if his dad would show up. He didn't show. He couldn't "get a ride". Because HE HAS NEVER PAID CHILD SUPPORT and has no license!
Then this boy smoked pot with his dad at 12 years old. He is now 15 and his dad has/had him selling drugs.
This boy is MY son and this man, this so called father is FRANK EMMI.
I am the one who was that 17 year old girl, I am the one with my corrupted beautiful boy, we are the ones/the family who have been dealing with Frank Emmi's manipulation and drug addiction for 18 years.
Do not idolize this man, pray for him. Pray for anyone with drug addiction.
So in my eyes, Frank Emmi, of the band "Athiest" is a demon walking the earth.
Sljt is offline   Reply With Quote