14.06.2008 - Donetsk, UA
15.06.2008 - Severodonetsk, UA
16.06.2008 - Kharkov, UA
18.06.2008 - Kursk, RU
20.06.2008 - Nizhniy Novgorod, RU
21.06.2008 - Ivanovo, RU
22.06.2008 - Moscow, RU
23.06.2008 - Magnitogorsk, RU

05.06 - 10.06 + Coprobaptized Cunthunter (Russia)
12.06 - 16.06 + Flying (Ukraine)
18.06 - 22.06 + Katalepsy (Russia)
el hijo del justino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Transient
i wont

Transient beat up jewski
scary
have fun dudes
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
AntŠos

AntŠos beat up jewskiAntŠos beat up jewski
Shit, hope that turns out great
AntŠos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
el hijo del justino

el hijo del justino slam gang member
We're pretty pumped.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
AntŠos

Do give updates on how this is going, hahah. If they have internet behind the Iron Curtain, that is.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
IdetrimentI
Undimensional

IdetrimentI slam gang member
havent made it out of the country yet.. finnair are a bunch of fucking thieves!leavin tomorrow
IdetrimentI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:22 AM   #7
el hijo del justino

huge thanks to all who came to these shows. details coming soon. in the meantime, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CsXprtysp4
Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
AntŠos

Coprobaptized Cunthunter is probably the most awesome band name I've ever seen. Hahaha. Do go into detail about how it went though. Glad you got out alive.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 AM   #9
el hijo del justino

Coprobaptized Cunthunter was actually a really awesome band; reminded me of the first Foetopsy album a ton.

Some details:

- All Ukrainian shows maintained a very high level of awesome, with the only real downfalls, if you could even actually consider them downfalls, being the travel and the backlines. The travel tended to take a small toll because there seemed to be only one highway in all of Ukraine, coming from Kiev. I don"t really know what you could call the others "roads". They were more like paved mounds. Our driver also listened to the Nelly Furtado album "Loose" on loop, so by the time the Ukrainian shows were over, I think I had subconsciously grown to enjoy it (anti-tangible-purgatory defense-mechanism?). The backlines usually consisted of combo amps propped up on chairs, combo bass amps with blown speakers, and drum sets made by Fischer Price. What made up for the backlines was that all of these venues had really high-end PA systems, which, somehow, made for decent to great sound (sans a show or two).

- The crowds in Ukraine were chaotic every single night, which made the shows completely worth it, regardless of sound, travel, etc. The Ukrainian leg ended in Kharkov with Jason jumping off a balcony about 25ft/8m in the air. There was something really genuine and unique about the crowd reaction; tons of raw emotion coming out of a lot of the people. The fact that a Western band took the time to come to some of these smaller cities meant a lot to some of the fans, from what I gathered from most of my conversations. I would always be cornered with the simple "Why are you even here?", to which I really had no answer, other than, "Why not?". A lot of people were just really excited to get a chance to talk to a "normal" American, as a lot of people have either never met an American or have only been harassed by Mormon missionaries (who have been surprisingly sprinkled off into some really obscure places all over Ukraine).

- To enter Russia was a huge production only because we needed a thick stack of paperwork beforehand to even obtain an entry visa. Everything went through on both ends and we did get the visas prior to the tour, but even as we boarded our train to take us from Ukraine to Russia we were asked to pay some bullshit declarations charge of 100 USD or so, which our tour manager Evgeny helped manage to get out of.

- The Russian shows were great for the most part. We switched to a more modern tour bus, and got to ride on highways for the first time in a week. The first show in Nizhniy Novgorod was a bust, actually. About two hours before the show, a bunch of neo-Nazis showed up to the gig with broken bottles and knives and attacked the singer of some anti-fascist hardcore band that was playing the show. Great. After that situation settled down, people started to show up... I would say between 150-200. The downside to this was that every single one of the kids had to be between the ages of 14-17, each one decked out in the most generic "hardcore" styled clothing appropriate to their sex. We played with about six bands, and every single one was sounded exactly the same ("breakdown-"music"-singalong-breakdown"). Geographically, I was pretty far away from home, so it was pretty bizarre to see how far similar "scenes" carry over. On top of me having to play out of what had to be a microwave with a Fender emblem printed on it, the crowd had no idea how to react to us when we played; so they just didn"t react at all. Strange how some people can get stuck so deep inside their own shells. The other shows were excellent though, especially our final gig in Moscow. Here"s how it went:

More later.

Last edited by el hijo del justino; 07-17-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #10
pooptastik
son of cosmos

pooptastik beat up jewski
so how much more later for the rest of the awesome journey?!!!
pooptastik is offline   Reply With Quote