Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Anata

Anata Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
anata

ANATA live clips!

Hey Guys!
Hope you are still with us. About the new album I can't give you any news more than we will try to make the release happen this year. Good news is that we probably have found a new guitar player replacing Andreas, at least for live purposes. As soon the album is released we will start touring again. We have also started to write songs for yet another album. And to give you something while waiting I have posted 12 live songs on youtube from a sober audience night in Gothenburg and a very hangover evening in Moscow for ANATA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVGda_z06Ss

My user name is conny9999 I will post more songs as soon as I get hold of them.

Also found this from our UK tour 2006. Sadly the audience is very sober and are hiding way back. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1108229248

Thanks for your support/
Conny

Last edited by anata; 02-05-2010 at 02:52 PM..
anata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
gurrmuff
Fuck Dolphins

Wooooooo thanks
gurrmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Black_Hand

Talking

finally, for a while i thought that you were going for the same thing as described by the title of the first song from the infernal depths :PP. still you could have said at least something.

and since you didnt answer my request about the tshirt in "New ANATA merch availible", maybe you could do it now. id like to see some closeups or bigger photos of the real thing (including the back). that pic on relapse's shop is too small and after all its just a black tshirt overlayed by pic so no real impression of it. im still interested in buying it if it looks as good as the relapse's pic suggests. i could bundle it with my planned order of atheists vynils :).

plus dont forget to include Prague on your next tour!
Black_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Hand View Post
finally, for a while i thought that you were going for the same thing as described by the title of the first song from the infernal depths :PP. still you could have said at least something.

and since you didnt answer my request about the tshirt in "New ANATA merch availible", maybe you could do it now. id like to see some closeups or bigger photos of the real thing (including the back). that pic on relapse's shop is too small and after all its just a black tshirt overlayed by pic so no real impression of it. im still interested in buying it if it looks as good as the relapse's pic suggests. i could bundle it with my planned order of atheists vynils :).

plus dont forget to include Prague on your next tour!
Yeah I know, But that song was written for Season of Mist, ANATA's first label No I'm just kidding. Sorry for not answering but I can't remember that you've asked about the t-shirt before. I will immediately upload the artwork in order for you to see it properly, check our photos out at www.myspace.com/anata and you will find it
Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
Black_Hand

ok thx, its a little bit bigger, altough still only artwork over black tshirt :). i expected you to have some near you, so you can take a photo of it. and does it have anything on the back? like a logo or a band shot (double meanings ftw ).
Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
anata

Quote:
ok thx, its a little bit bigger, altough still only artwork over black tshirt :). i expected you to have some near you, so you can take a photo of it. and does it have anything on the back? like a logo or a band shot (double meanings ftw ).
I could do that once we get our own t-shirts. I will post here when I have taken the photo, we should have them any day now. No it's nothing on the back I'm afraid.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Black_Hand

no problem, im just not that kind of guy whod wear a tshirt with a vagina (just an example, not that i would expect this of you) on its back :PPP. that was the whole point. i think ill order it at the end of the week, along with the atheist vynils .

Last edited by Black_Hand; 02-09-2010 at 03:38 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
anata

Quote:
no problem, im just not that kind of guy whod wear a tshirt with a vagina (just an example, not that i would expect this of you) on its back :PPP. that was the whole point. i think ill order it at the end of the week, along with the atheist vynils .
Well, I understand your feelings and I can guarantee that there will be no vaginas of any kind on this t-shirt. But there could be a mighty fat cock

I guess I don't need to take a photo on the t-shirt then right?
Thanks for supporting us and Atheist/
Conny
Old 02-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
Black_Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by anata View Post
Well, I understand your feelings and I can guarantee that there will be no vaginas of any kind on this t-shirt. But there could be a mighty fat cock

I guess I don't need to take a photo on the t-shirt then right?
Thanks for supporting us and Atheist/
Conny
yup, no need for a photo anymore, but others might want to see it. it isnt like its going to look all that bad on your myspace.

supporting is a good band is not a problem for me. altough it usually takes some time before i consider a band good enough for supporting (otherwise i doubt that id know anata by now for example).

i wonder what it would be called if i bump with my back into someone with a vagina on his/her back....

and of course good luck with the album. im going to buy it the moment i can preorder it, since youve already entered a circle of my favourite bands that do not need a "first listen" .

Last edited by Black_Hand; 02-10-2010 at 07:41 AM..
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #10
Annoying Forum Cunt

Rep Power: 0 Annoying Forum Cunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome live videos. Still pumped about the ...cough... new album
Annoying Forum Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
anata

Quote:
yup, no need for a photo anymore, but others might want to see it. it isnt like its going to look all that bad on your myspace.

supporting is a good band is not a problem for me. altough it usually takes some time before i consider a band good enough for supporting (otherwise i doubt that id know anata by now for example).

i wonder what it would be called if i bump with my back into someone with a vagina on his/her back....

and of course good luck with the album. im going to buy it the moment i can preorder it, since youve already entered a circle of my favourite bands that do not need a "first listen" .
Thanks man, it's nice to be a favourite band. We really appreciate it.
And well, I don't have the slightest clue of what you might call her if she had a vagina on her back But the question is still very interesting. I think I have to consult Fredrik on this one because he's an expert on these kind of issues
Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoying Forum Cunt View Post
Awesome live videos. Still pumped about the ...cough... new album
Thanks a lot. Yeah me too, can't wait to get on tour again

Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #13
Black_Hand

i forgot to compliment on those videos. they have a great sound, although theres an occasional skipping. the choice of songs is very good, but i miss renunciation.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #14
Annoying Forum Cunt

Quote:
i forgot to compliment on those videos. they have a great sound, although theres an occasional skipping. the choice of songs is very good, but i miss renunciation.
videos are awesome, I've watched them a ton already. But you're right, first one I noticed was Better Grieved it skipped the first verse and first solo then the sound quality changes a few times. Still, for fan filmed (and the fact it's ANATA) freakin killer. Plenty of my favorite songs on there.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
anata

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah it's alright sound coming directly from the camera. Renunciation is a great song. We have never played that song live but we have rehearsed it in order to play it live along with Complete Demise. We used to do The Conductor's Departure but I can't remember why we didn't play it in Moscow. A song that we seriously consider to play live next tour is Slain upon his altar.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #16
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoying Forum Cunt View Post
videos are awesome, I've watched them a ton already. But you're right, first one I noticed was Better Grieved it skipped the first verse and first solo then the sound quality changes a few times. Still, for fan filmed (and the fact it's ANATA) freakin killer. Plenty of my favorite songs on there.
Thanks man! Yes as you noticed not everything was filmed. We also played Built on Sand in Moscow as a bonus but nothing was filmed from that song at all. In Gothenburg not every song was filmed either. If we knew that we where going to put these clips on youtube we wouldn't have played almost the same songs at both gigs. I also filmed me from behind in both Moscow and from the Kielowatt festival earlier but since there was no sound in my monitor in any of the gigs you can't hear any bassdrums so it's kind of boring. I wish I have better luck next time

Cheers/
Conny

Last edited by anata; 02-11-2010 at 08:13 AM..
Old 02-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #17
Black_Hand

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah it's alright sound coming directly from the camera. Renunciation is a great song. We have never played that song live but we have rehearsed it in order to play it live along with Complete Demise. We used to do The Conductor's Departure but I can't remember why we didn't play it in Moscow. A song that we seriously consider to play live next tour is Slain upon his altar.

Cheers/
Conny
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! renunciation is coming (probably with children's laughter too?)!! and slain is a great song too. its one of the first songs i really enjoyed of the older albums, along with azure skies. playing both would sound pretty good live, but slain with first, then followed by azure skies, since it somehow feels better that way. and i hope it wont mean that you would drop any kind of magic or miracle, that would be a catastrophe :S.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #18
anata

Quote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! renunciation is coming (probably with children's laughter too?)!! and slain is a great song too. its one of the first songs i really enjoyed of the older albums, along with azure skies. playing both would sound pretty good live, but slain with first, then followed by azure skies, since it somehow feels better that way. and i hope it wont mean that you would drop any kind of magic or miracle, that would be a catastrophe :S.
I can't promise anything, and I can't tell you exactly how the set list will look like because there will probably be a few songs from the new album to perform also. It also depends how long time we have on stage but we will do our best to play Renunciation, Any kind of magic or miracle and Slain upon his Altar

Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #19
TheTrueArsonist
Anyád baszója

awesome clips!!

EDIT: get your asses to Hungary!!!!!!!!!
TheTrueArsonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #20
Black_Hand

just got the tshirt looks nice and smells funny.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
AnataFan4Life

Does this mean that we will get a sneak preview of some of the new songs played live?
AnataFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
anata

Quote:
just got the tshirt looks nice and smells funny.
We have everything to do with the t-shirt looking good but I'm afraid we can't help the smell. I'm so sorry for this unpleasant surprize
Hope it helps washing it.
Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #23
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Does this mean that we will get a sneak preview of some of the new songs played live?
We haven't played any new song live yet and I don't think we will until the album is released.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #24
Black_Hand

it wasnt that bad, just wierd. still, gets washed anyways. plus i didnt notice on the pic that its somewhat suicidal themed (although being called "the part of me that had to die" should have been enough to tell :P). and yes i do understand that it is somewhat metaphorical in a sense. the knife is rather difficult to spot from a typical point of view. but as i said, its nice :)

Last edited by Black_Hand; 02-25-2010 at 04:15 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 AM   #25
Stupefaction
Tom Servo

Quote:
Slain upon his altar.
I love that song. It's the first Anata song I ever heard. Any chance of touring in the US?
Stupefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #26
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupefaction View Post
I love that song. It's the first Anata song I ever heard. Any chance of touring in the US?
Good to hear, we have definitely decided to play that song live in the future. We really want to tour the US when the new album is released and we will do what we can to make that happen.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #27
TechDeath
Site Founder/ Admn.

That reminds me, all the live videos of Anata I've seen... Fredrik had an emo haircut, who's idea was that? It doesn't look metal at all =/
TechDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #28
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDeath View Post
That reminds me, all the live videos of Anata I've seen... Fredrik had an emo haircut, who's idea was that? It doesn't look metal at all =/
Look at the live videos from Gothenburg, Fredrik had very long hair then. I guess it was Fredriks own idea since we didn't force him. He said that he always wanted a haircut like that. But don't dispair, Fredrik's long hair is back, and this time with a most foul and dreadful beard so he looks more metal than ever

Actually we all cut our hair without telling Earache and when Earache got the photos for The Conductor's Departure they didn't recognize us and it took a while before they could see which band we were. Very funny

Cheers/
Conny
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #29
Annoying Forum Cunt

Quote:
Actually we all cut our hair without telling Earache and when Earache got the photos for The Conductor's Departure they didn't recognize us and it took a while before they could see which band we were. Very funny

Cheers/
Conny
haha, that's funny... I'm one that doesn't care about someone's haircut. The music is where it's at.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:06 AM   #30
Golmont

Hi Anata,

Fredrik's vocal style seems so unique that his vocal mic is rather high.
I wanna know why does so XD
Golmont is offline   Reply With Quote