Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Cattle Decapitation Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #61
Bassbait

Bassbait slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskOfHeaven View Post
I just found The Parallax II: The Future Sequence at the record store.
I saw that at Best Buy on CD. I also saw Colors. Of the two I'd probably have bought Colors, but I was pretty much only there to see if they had Cattle Decapitation's latest album. They didn't, but they had Dying Fetus' "Reign Supreme". I didn't buy it, but I later bought MOI online, so screw Best Buy for not having it. BTW, Best Buy is seriously the only store in town with any decent music sold. And the reason why is I live in such a small town that Metal is off-radar for everybody except for me. The metal community here is limited to like 30 people, and it's more of a hardcore scene than Metal. But ya, screw my town, I want to move back to So-Cal as soon as possible.
Bassbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #62
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

ShittCuntt slam gang member
Finally unpacked my carry on case from when I flew to Melbourne the other weekend trying to find my new Cattle tshirt and found the Hair Police / Viki split CD that I bought from my favorite record store. Totally forgot about this. I got a Torturing Nurse cassette at the same time ... Man I miss that place !
ShittCuntt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #63
Pyramid God

Pyramid God slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbait View Post
I saw that at Best Buy on CD. I also saw Colors. Of the two I'd probably have bought Colors, but I was pretty much only there to see if they had Cattle Decapitation's latest album. They didn't, but they had Dying Fetus' "Reign Supreme". I didn't buy it, but I later bought MOI online, so screw Best Buy for not having it. BTW, Best Buy is seriously the only store in town with any decent music sold. And the reason why is I live in such a small town that Metal is off-radar for everybody except for me. The metal community here is limited to like 30 people, and it's more of a hardcore scene than Metal. But ya, screw my town, I want to move back to So-Cal as soon as possible.
Best Buy's music section sucks in general now. Their CD sales started plummeting years ago, and they started outsourcing their media sales/organization to some other company. I have a buddy that works at Best Buy that told me that.

They carry the most random stuff when it comes to metal. I went looking for the new Havok album yesterday, but they didn't have it. But they did have Pig Destroyer and a bunch of other stuff you wouldn't think of seeing in a Big chain store like that. Luckily there is an indy store near my college, so I get new releases there during the year.

Anyway, yesterday I did a vinyl pre-order. Picked up Ne Obliviscaris' Aurora Veil on Frosted Clear vinyl and Portal of I on black vinyl. Both through Blood Music. Can't wait to get them.
Pyramid God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #64
Bassbait

I used to live close enough to LA to occasionally go over to Amoeba and buy stuff there. I don't like the place because I feel like it's a bit too much hipster crap and not enough Metal (which is just like one corner in the store), but it has a good selection. There was another store closer to where I lived that sold all of the good stuff. Except now I live somewhere where "music store" and "pawn shop" are synonymous.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #65
RobertsTheCoolest

RobertsTheCoolest beat up jewski
I've bought a ton of stuff the last few weeks and I've been neglecting this thread a lil.
I did buy the Masonna Spectrum Ripper LP re-issue yesterday, but it doesn't ship until july 22nd which totally sucks. my roommate has been gone this week so i've been working on a new summer 2013 noise mixtape which is coming along gud
RobertsTheCoolest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #66
RobertsTheCoolest

Quote:
I used to live close enough to LA to occasionally go over to Amoeba and buy stuff there. I don't like the place because I feel like it's a bit too much hipster crap and not enough Metal (which is just like one corner in the store), but it has a good selection. There was another store closer to where I lived that sold all of the good stuff. Except now I live somewhere where "music store" and "pawn shop" are synonymous.
I don't know when the last time you went to amoeba in LA but the metal section has grown quiet a bit. so has the experimental section in the back. I've seen a lot more metal vinyls in the rock section however so that be why you're quick to throw out the hipster. Almost everytime I go and I can't find something that they mite have, they always get me to talk to someone who actually knows the genre and are always super helpful.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #67
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

Quote:
I fucken love Amoeba - Every time I go to the US I have to fly into LA or SF and I make sure I spend at least 1 day there before I go anywhere else so I can go to one of the Amoeba stores.
I literally spend hours in there and spend hundreds of dollars haha my wife gets over it after like 10 minutes.
There is absolutely nothing like that over here !
Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #68
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsTheCoolest View Post
I did buy the Masonna Spectrum Ripper LP re-issue yesterday
Nice !
Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #69
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Caninus Crew slam gang member
I'm really grateful I live about a 15 minute walk from Amoeba. However, I'm sad every time I go in there and see that empty Coil sleeve.
Caninus Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #70
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

I told my wife if we ever come into any serious amount of money that we are moving to SF somewhere near Amoeba. I love SF but the only way we could afford to live there is if we won the lottery or something haha
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #71
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShittCuntt View Post
I told my wife if we ever come into any serious amount of money that we are moving to SF somewhere near Amoeba. I love SF but the only way we could afford to live there is if we won the lottery or something haha
Yeah, this city is stupidly expensive. I got lucky with my housing. I have 1, maybe 2 years top before I think my energy for this city will run out and I'll need a slower paced place to live.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #72
Bassbait

It's a dream of mine to walk into Amoeba one day and see a record from my band. It'd be hilarious trying to convince the guys at the front to give it to me for free on the basis that I'm in the band that made it.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #73
DrBusey

DrBusey karmablade
Re: Last album you bought ?

Just got a few albums I had been looking for:

Grieving Process - Assimilated Deformation
Fate of Icarus - Cut Your Throat Before They Do
Putrilage - Devouring the Gutted
DrBusey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #74
DuskOfHeaven

DuskOfHeaven slam gang member

Alright, I got some obscure stuff. I went to a couple record places Frederick, MD yesterday and got Spires Burn/Release by Elder (the black vinyl version, which is limited to 450 copies) and some extremely rare concert recording by a label called This Charming Man. Today I attended the DC Record Fair and found the Burning Witch box set, The Art of Self Defense by High On Fire, and Frailty by The Banner. It's all pretty fucking sweet.
DuskOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #75
DuskOfHeaven

Quote:
It's a dream of mine to walk into Amoeba one day and see a record from my band. It'd be hilarious trying to convince the guys at the front to give it to me for free on the basis that I'm in the band that made it.
What instrument do you play in your band?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #76
Caninus Crew
Buster Bluth

Quote:
Alright, I got some obscure stuff. I went to a couple record places Frederick, MD yesterday and got Spires Burn/Release by Elder (the black vinyl version, which is limited to 450 copies) and some extremely rare concert recording by a label called This Charming Man. Today I attended the DC Record Fair and found the Burning Witch box set, The Art of Self Defense by High On Fire, and Frailty by The Banner. It's all pretty fucking sweet.
Burning Witch boxset, badass. I've only heard one album by them so far, but the song History of Hell is fucking heavy and awesome.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #77
DuskOfHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caninus Crew View Post
Burning Witch boxset, badass. I've only heard one album by them so far, but the song History of Hell is fucking heavy and awesome.
I've only listened to their 1996 demo so far, and it would have been fucking awesome if the recording wasn't so awful. I heard the beginning of the next record, and it was much better, so I'm looking forward to listening to the rest tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #78
DrBusey

DrBusey karmablade

Quote:

Did you go to Rock and Roll Graveyard by chance? I've found some good stuff there like Nile, Cattle, and Mercyful Fate to name a few. If you go to Baltimore, check out Celebrated Summer records.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #79
DuskOfHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBusey View Post
Did you go to Rock and Roll Graveyard by chance? I've found some good stuff there like Nile, Cattle, and Mercyful Fate to name a few. If you go to Baltimore, check out Celebrated Summer records.
Yeah, that's where I got the Elder record. The other one was at The Record Exchange. The guy at R&RG said Elder played a concert at Frederick recently.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #80
DrBusey

DrBusey karmablade

Quote:
Yeah, that's where I got the Elder record. The other one was at The Record Exchange. The guy at R&RG said Elder played a concert at Frederick recently.
I'm not sure but I think that guy's band might have played with them. I haven't been to R&RG in a hot minute, but he sent some people/record to a big local show we put on recently to help drum up interest.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #81
butthole

butthole slam gang member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShittCuntt View Post
Just recieved in the mail the cassette Aidan Baker from Nadja put out a little while back called Souvenirs of the Eternal Present.
It also comes in red, I think there were 100 made of each colour.

photo photo-41.jpg
Weird, I just got this too! Mine is numbered 27/50! Its a "record store day" version that comes with a download link for the music.
butthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #82
butthole

OH, and I just bought 500 copies of the new Cattle Decapitation 7". ;)

Details on that coming publicly next week!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #83
DrBusey

DrBusey karmablade

Better have one for me in Silver Springs, MD you dink
Old 07-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #84
RobertsTheCoolest

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthole View Post

================================================

went to 2 shows this week so far. a couple noise artists from austin toured (Sex Bruises, Dromez, Dakota Hogback & Breakdancing Ronald Reagan. Supported by Vasculae, Unica and Crowhurst) and I was able to catch them downtown. shit was nutz. recorded as much as I could on my phone. grabbed about $50 worth of merch which was fucking amazing on both sides. supporting their music and tour while getting some great fucking tunes to crank at my house.

also going to the John Weise and Damion Romero show tonight. gonna record that too and hopefully get some cool shit.

grabbed a small amount of pictures but I'm gonna try to bring my extra ipod to take pics while i record the sets.

Last edited by RobertsTheCoolest; 07-05-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #85
Pyramid God

Pyramid God slam gang member

Quote:

Details on that coming publicly next week!

Want!
Pyramid God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #86
butthole

For those of you who can't go to summer slaughter or live outside the US, don't worry, I'll have some after tour... Unless we sell all of em which isn't gonna happen. If it looks like that's gonna happen, I'll hoard - trust me. ;)
Old 07-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #87
DuskOfHeaven

Quote:
For those of you who can't go to summer slaughter or live outside the US, don't worry, I'll have some after tour... Unless we sell all of em which isn't gonna happen. If it looks like that's gonna happen, I'll hoard - trust me. ;)
The only band there that I listen to is Cattle Decapitation, and I'm not even that into them. It would be cooler is BTBAM were playing, but I wasn't aware of SS last year. I'm not going.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #88
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

Quote:
Weird, I just got this too! Mine is numbered 27/50! Its a "record store day" version that comes with a download link for the music.
Nice !
Yeah I got the download link too. Mine is numbered 49/100
did you get the red or green tape ?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #89
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsTheCoolest View Post

================================================

went to 2 shows this week so far. a couple noise artists from austin toured (Sex Bruises, Dromez, Dakota Hogback & Breakdancing Ronald Reagan. Supported by Vasculae, Unica and Crowhurst) and I was able to catch them downtown. shit was nutz. recorded as much as I could on my phone. grabbed about $50 worth of merch which was fucking amazing on both sides. supporting their music and tour while getting some great fucking tunes to crank at my house.

also going to the John Weise and Damion Romero show tonight. gonna record that too and hopefully get some cool shit.

grabbed a small amount of pictures but I'm gonna try to bring my extra ipod to take pics while i record the sets.
FUCKING JEALOUS !

Im going to a local noise show tonight actually - Nothing as cool as that though
Old 07-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #90
ShittCuntt
Loop Panic

Quote:
And the 4 horseman shirts please !!!