SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Dawn of Azazel

Dawn of Azazel Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 08-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
Thamus

What about the new Slayer Album?

I know it's the Dawn of Azazel and not a Slayer forum, but I want to know what other people think about the new Slayer album.

Today was the first time I listened to it and I think it's totally aggressive, negative, dark and full of wrath! And now I'm sure that I was waiting for Christ Illusion, as God Hates Us All came out...
Thamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:01 AM   #2
Rigel

I havnt heard it yet... to be honest I dont realy like anything much after Divine Intervention myself, but I respect that they never went gay like the rest of the "big 4" (megadeth metallica + anthrax) whats it like compared to god hates us all and diabolus in musica?
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
Thamus

Blaspehemous Hails!

My opinion is, that Christ Illusion is not really comparable with the albums you mentioned. It sounds like a good mix between Reign In Blood and some of the newer stuff. It's not constantly fast but to some degree like Divine Intervention, dirty and dark. There are also some of the very few elements left from Diabolus In Musica that I liked. Again there are a few Nu-Metal-and-Slipknot-like elements in the sound of this album which I really dislike because I think, it's not the REAL Slayer sound. And in the song "Catatonic" there are a few seconds which always remind me of Marduks "Bleached Bones". I think, that's kinda strange.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Rigel

cool, maybe I'll have to check it out, I wasnt really a big fan of the slower direction their newer stuff has taken ya know? its still "fast" technically sepaking but it doesnt sound as pumped up and aggressive as say reign in blood to me. Even though its not fast by todays standards that album still has more of a feeling of velocity than a good chunk of what gets released today imo...
Old 08-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Thamus

I know what you mean. There's nothing better than a full blast of an old Slayer album.
I also don't like the newer stuff that much, because you have to listen to it sometimes to get and understand it. I prefer metal albums that splitter your spine at instant impact.

Please tell me, when you listened to Christ Illusion and give me your rating. That would be cool.

Last edited by Thamus; 08-11-2006 at 03:47 PM..
Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
Rigel

Well I finally got to have a listen a few days ago, its growin on me, but some of the way the vocals are placed, particularly on the first track fucks me off. They sound so fuckin clumsy ya know? had the same problem with some of South of Heaven
Old 08-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
Thamus

Ave!

Hmm, the first track must be "Flesh Storm", huh? I don't really know what you mean... The faster vocals sound very cool and aggressive to me. Some vocals, particularly those of slower songs sound too slow in my opinion. That's annoying, because it doesn't seem to fit with the music.

What do you think of the Slipknot-like parts? Although I like the first Slipknot Album, I really hate those Slipknot-like parts. That's the only thing that really fucks me off on the new Slayer sound.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
\J[O]N/

Hey lads!

yeah the new Slayer is worth a listen, but it's definately overshadowed by the older material. Gotta pay em kudos though for just throwing it out there and not spending months upon months promoting it.
\J[O]N/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #9
Rigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamus
Ave!

Hmm, the first track must be "Flesh Storm", huh? I don't really know what you mean... The faster vocals sound very cool and aggressive to me. Some vocals, particularly those of slower songs sound too slow in my opinion. That's annoying, because it doesn't seem to fit with the music.

What do you think of the Slipknot-like parts? Although I like the first Slipknot Album, I really hate those Slipknot-like parts. That's the only thing that really fucks me off on the new Slayer sound.
Sorry its taken me so long to get back about this haha. Well Ive listened to it alot more and I guess I was kinda being a little too harsh. I was refering to the "its all just psycotic devotion..." part. I dunno, to it just sounds clumsy, kinda like the chorus in "Spill the Blood", but yeah this album has defintely grown on me with further listens.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
Thamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel
...this album has defintely grown on me with further listens.
I knew it would. BTW the German fan, ShexLayxGutted talked about in your myspace site, that was me, hehe.