SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > The Rotted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Rotted Website

Old 04-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
Benny Goreskin

Benny Goreskin slam gang member
GOREROTTED change band name to THE ROTTED!

The UK's GOREROTTED have decided to take the big step of changing their name to THE ROTTED! Having worked so hard on their new album 'Get Dead Or Die Trying', the lads felt that due to the huge progression they've made from previous releases musically and lyrically and after frequent line-up changes that this was the only right thing to do.

Says frontman Ben McCrow: "The motives behind what we were doing with Gorerotted have changed over the years, and as a mark of respect for what we achieved, for previous band members and for fans, we didn't feel it was right to continue under our previous monicker. This album is gonna blow people away, I couldn't even classify it for you if I tried, all I can say is its heavy as fuck, catchy as hell and a piece of work we're all incredibly proud of. People have been affectionally refering to us as THE ROTTED for some time now, so it seemed like a decent change to us."

THE ROTTED is having a new myspace site which can be found HERE (www.myspace.com/therotted). Please add them to your friends list and make sure to spread the word. Be the first to learn about news, exclusive tracks from the new album, tour dates and much more!

The band are creating a 'Gorerotted History' page which you can find at the address www.myspace.com/gorerottedmetal. Over the next few weeks loads of old photos, tour posters, old tracks, full biography, links to old members and tons of rare videos and interesting blasts from the past will be added!!!

THE ROTTEDs new album 'Get Dead Or Die Trying' is due for release the 27th of June 2008 (G/A/CH/I) / 30th of June 2008 (rest of Europe).

Additionally the band has announced the first tour dates under their new monicker.

14/06/2008 – GB – Cambridge – Barfly (support: Ted Maul)
02/07/2008 – GB - Manchester - Music Box (support: Ted Maul)
03/07/2008 – GB - Glasgow - Ivory Blacks (support: Ted Maul)
04/07/2008 – GB - Nottingham - Junktion 7 (support: Ted Maul)
05/07/2008 – GB - London - Bar Academy (support: Ted Maul)
06/07/2008 – GB - Newport – TJs (support: Ted Maul)
01/08/2008 – DE – Wacken - Wacken Open Air
13/08/2008 – DE – Dinkelsbühl - Summer Breeze Open Air

myspace.com/therotted
Benny Goreskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Spengler

Spengler slam gang member
Good call. Cryptopsy should take note.
Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
SLIT YOUR GUTZ
SHIT YOUR BUTTS

SLIT YOUR GUTZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Wasn't necessary.
SLIT YOUR GUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Zertonshfits

Zertonshfits slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler View Post
Good call. Cryptopsy should take note.
Zertonshfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Grindmasterflesh beat up jewski
I am surprised, I hope you fucks don´t screw it up!
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
Candy

Candy slam gang member
Cool that makes sense given the lineup changes. Could have called yourself Barty McSpankbottom and the Sausage Stranglers for all I care, I'll be there for the tour & Wacken!
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
Benny Goreskin

Wasn't necessary? probably wait till you've heard the album before coming to that conclusion son! The fact is this album's pretty different and it's definately not Gorerotted! Gorerotted was what we were, this is now. The lyrics are nothing to do with Gore so we replaced 'Gore' with 'The' (clever huh!) and musically... well it's not gonna be popular with the brutal blasting death metal cartel, but thats of no concern. This album probably isnt for them (I hear the new Origin is pretty fuckin good if thats the kinda stuff you're after!)

I dunno who you could compare this album with, all I'll say is its brutal extreme punk/metal/rock. Has a very British sound and is proper catchy. There was no way we could have forced ourselves to write in the old style just to keep various people happy, we've progressed, developed and we basically let the new stuff write itself. As we did it became apparent that we were essentially a new band.

And where's all this anti-Cryptopsy talk coming from!???? Whats that got to do with anything?

Last edited by Benny Goreskin; 04-23-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
Vriend
Afro Dog

Vriend is luke jaeger
they changed their style completely now, that's what I 've heard at least.
Vriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
Spengler

Spengler slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Goreskin View Post
And where's all this anti-Cryptopsy talk coming from!???? Whats that got to do with anything?
Nothing really, just seemed an obvious comparison to make: both established death metal bands deciding to take new directions. All I meant was that I thought it was a sensible decision for you guys to draw a line between old and new if your new stuff's so radically different. I drew parallels with the Cryptopsy thing because thats what it made me think of, but it was more of an afterthought and not intended as a dig.
Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
Benny Goreskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler View Post
Nothing really, just seemed an obvious comparison to make: both established death metal bands deciding to take new directions. All I meant was that I thought it was a sensible decision for you guys to draw a line between old and new if your new stuff's so radically different. I drew parallels with the Cryptopsy thing because thats what it made me think of, but it was more of an afterthought and not intended as a dig.
Fair shout son, I was more asking the anti-Cryptopsy guy below you. He seems pretty miffed about something!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
wilkins

wilkins slam gang member
Balls!

I haven't heard the new Cryptopsy, but I'm more looking forward to it now that I know they have expanded their horizons - thats all it is, and to be honest, I cannot be bothered with bands churning out the same stuff year after year!

Music is a living breathing thing, that grows and develops with the people who create it, and to do anything but let it happen naturally, is not being true to your art!

Trying to be like something is for losers!

We put our heart and fucking soul into this album, and I truly hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do!

Now, lets get this shit out on the road and start drinking!
wilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
DAVE DEATH

DAVE DEATH slam gang member
Aye, seemed like the right idea lads. I for one reckon the album's gonna rule like.

As for CRYPTOPSY, I ain't heard any of the new stuff yet so I'm gonna wait and hear what it's like.

Nowt wrong with some experimentation either, that's the way music is, and that's the way it should be.
DAVE DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #13
SLIT YOUR GUTZ
SHIT YOUR BUTTS

I didn't know your changes were so drastic. I still hope its good stuff, and tons of respect for changing your name and letting Gorerotted keep its legacy. I agree Cryptopsy should've done the same.

Will you guys still be playing the old material live?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #14
Nate 'Rotted

Nate 'Rotted slam gang member
New Cryptopsy - at least what ive heard - is pretty damn good. The music is, the vox have moments that dont realy wash, but i say better that than doing the same thing over and over. And even if the new vox may have MOMENTS of iffy - ness, its a big improvement on their old singer.

I think they should get credit for this move.

And yeah, our new album wont be for fans of pure blasting death. It has its moments of blasting and brutality, but it has many different vibes going on.

I hope you guys that have been into Gorerotted for a while will like the new stuff for what it is and not draw a comparison to the old band. Im not John and Gian's not Matt....And the remaining guys are'nt 19 anymore!

And believe me when i tell you..... This album is fucking angry.
Nate 'Rotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #15
DAVE DEATH

DAVE DEATH slam gang member
Aye the new stuff is gonna be goood like. As for CRYPTOPSY, I always preferred Mike Desalvo on vocals anyway, even if he never had worms to feed us......
DAVE DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
SLIT YOUR GUTZ
SHIT YOUR BUTTS

I'll be sure to check your new material once you guys put a song up.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #17
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkins View Post
Balls!
Mick's penis is a living breathing thing, that grows and develops with the people who touch it, and to do anything but let it happen naturally, is not being true to your art!
A few points:

• Dave Death, you are me! I quit listening to Cryptopsy after Mike DiSalvo got kicked out. A lot of conservative metal-peeps were very pissed off about his 'hardcore-style' vocals. I thought it was fresh and 'summit different'. Fuck it, 'Whisper Supremacy is their best alum!

• The Rotted; good going and props, kudo's and whatever to yous. Nate, you touch the spot (seriously, you do). You cn't keep doing the same thing over and over, and progression in musicianship and age (...duh) mean that these kind of things happen.

I have the full trust in the musical qualities of all 'Rotted members; they have proven themselves in the past, hevan't thy?! You gotta respect The Original Gore-boys Wilson, Ben and Tim for the greatness they did with that band in songwriting and mking a name for themselves. You gotta respect Mr. Gyan for the amount of succes he had with his former band and you gotta respect Nate, otherise he'll destroy your car and house.

Besides that; besides te music, personalities have always been a great big part in what Gorerotted was, with 'The Rotted' this will be the same.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #18
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Cognitive Defeat beat up jewskiCognitive Defeat beat up jewski
It's definitely commendable that you changed the name but I can't say the new name is any good lol. It's just a cutesy abbreviation you used for Gorerotted in the past aint it?
Cognitive Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #19
Jolly Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_odium_incarnate View Post
It's definitely commendable that you changed the name but I can't say the new name is any good lol. It's just a cutesy abbreviation you used for Gorerotted in the past aint it?
Yeah, and they go rid of the 'gore'-bit, so I think it's a good choice.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #20
Benny Goreskin

[QUOTE=Jolly Roger;2756571]you gotta respect Nate, otherise he'll destroy your car and houseQUOTE]

haha word!

Rob, yes thats what we used to refer to ourselves as anyway as did many people that were into the older stuff and we all dig this name, its got a stinking gypo punk scumfuck feel to it. And it stands out from a lot of the bands we've played with. Some kid actually asked me what to call his band and i said -AS A JOKE- Severed Cock Vomit. You know what he wrote back? "Thanks lolz, yeah we'll call ourselves that roflgrf" or some shit like that

i think that sums it up really
Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #21
Jolly Roger

Quote:
... its got a stinking gypo punk scumfuck feel to it.
Thank you, I have snot on my keyboard now.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #22
Vordred

Vordred slam gang member
i'm looking forward to the new album to be honest. i loved the old stuff (with jon being a major influence on my drumming), but other than me being into brutal death metal i do love a lot of other stuff including old skool punk and some hardcore and i know ben listens to some good shit so this can only mean good things. i give full credit to you guys for changing your name, and i think your reasons for changing your name are justified!

good luck with the new album - i'm looking forward to it!
Vordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #23
Benny Goreskin

Cheers son, yeah there's some definate GBH/Discharge/Exploited moments! but its also got elements of death metal, black metal, thrash, heavy metal, classic rock, even a proper ambient moment (you'll see!) we didnt put any limits on the writing, just did what came naturally. Free of the constraints being in a straight up death/grind band

Hope you dig it!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
wilkins

wilkins slam gang member
On the other side of the coin, I defy anyone to listen to the opening track on this record and not think its brutal enough!

Can't wait to get this shit out!

Off topic, I spent 4 fucking hours today practising double thump technique, and I think I may have damaged my wanking hand!
wilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #25
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Quote:
Rob, yes thats what we used to refer to ourselves as anyway as did many people that were into the older stuff and we all dig this name, its got a stinking gypo punk scumfuck feel to it.
lol i get ya, I'm not gonna pass any judgements until I hear the new stuff anyway.

By the way I think I've seen you knockin around Kingston a few times over the past week.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #26
Benny Goreskin

Quote:
lol i get ya, I'm not gonna pass any judgements until I hear the new stuff anyway.

By the way I think I've seen you knockin around Kingston a few times over the past week.
Is that you in the Suffocation hat and the Visceral Bleeding top? Why didnt you say hello then you complete and utter bastard!!!!!!!!!?????
Old 05-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #27
Cognitive Defeat
Blackened Bluesgaze

Quote:
Is that you in the Suffocation hat and the Visceral Bleeding top? Why didnt you say hello then you complete and utter bastard!!!!!!!!!?????
Suffo hat yeah, not VB top... probably my Vomit Remnants hoodie. I didn't bother to stop you cos I was kinda in a rush and I noticed you had earphones in anyways. Next time I see ya I'll say hi.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:46 AM   #28
Benny Goreskin

Quote:
Suffo hat yeah, not VB top... probably my Vomit Remnants hoodie. I didn't bother to stop you cos I was kinda in a rush and I noticed you had earphones in anyways. Next time I see ya I'll say hi.
Yeah i dunno what shirt it was, I just remember thinkin you dont get many people weariung them round these parts, (except for your Will of course.)

I didnt know it was you though, for some reason I always thought you were the hairy guy out of Embryonic
Old 06-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #29
Cannibalistic_Horror
I do fuck goats

Cannibalistic_Horror slam gang member
Quote:
Cheers son, yeah there's some definate GBH/Discharge/Exploited moments!
You do realise that by admitting that, you will now have to cover one of those three bands live at some point if you play near Birmingham? I suggest covering the song "Sick Boy".
Cannibalistic_Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:54 AM   #30
El-Heino
EM-Guld

El-Heino beat up john dwyer
Yo, so does this mean you won't play old (Gorerotted) material live?
Just curious to hear how you handle the "legacy" aspect of this shift.
El-Heino is offline   Reply With Quote