Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > The Dillinger Escape Plan

The Dillinger Escape Plan Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Dillinger Merch
A dude

Dillinger Merch slam gang member
Exclamation The Official Dillinger Merch FAQ

EXPECT UP TO 8-12 WEEKS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE FOR YOUR SHIRT TO ARRIVE!

The goal of this thread is to address all Dillinger related questions as far as merch goes.

Dillinger has always been a true DIY band.. Even as the band has gotten bigger. They've always wanted complete control over everything, and they've got it.. For better or worse. There are no companies involved with the actual processing and shipping of the orders, it's Greg, and me (just a dude). Shirt Steve draws them, and the screening company prints them.

Here's the question I get asked the most by far.

"Where the fuck is my shirt, and why the fuck is it taking so long? I ordered pre-virgin birth and it's still not here."

Easy. When you guys order your shirts, they don't exist. Not one. Not one prototype. We wait till we get the very last order, then we generally wait a week AFTER that before sending the totals to the screening company. Why do we wait for that extra week? Simple.. We get a shit ton of corrections letters for sizes. These shirts are MADE TO ORDER. Just like at Sheetz or Wawa.. Which I realize are only in like 5 states so that won't make sense to any of you.. But the point is is that the shirt you get in the mail was printed for YOU. It was pulled from a pile. We send it to the shirt dude and he prints it out. Here's a breakdown of how it takes the time it does.

Say you buy a shirt the first day we put them on sale, and we're selling them for a week. A week goes by, shirts are no longer for sale. We wait another week for the dust to settle with all the order corrections emails, we then send that grand total of individual sizes to the shirt company.

The shirt place takes AT LEAST two weeks to get them all done. Then they take another week for them to get them to us. Then we start the whole shipping process through USPS which takes FOR GODDAMNED EVER for whatever reason.

Now the model I've just laid out is the IDEAL model, which has only happened once so far, and that's with the last batch we did at the time of this writing which is Lurch/SOS.

Here's the current order status

ALL SHIRTS ORDERED IN 2008 ARE LONG GONE.
ALL DEAD AS HISTORY SHIRTS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED (03/2009)
ALL LURCH/SICK ON SUNDAY HAVE BEEN SHIPPED (05/09/2009)
ALL NONG EYE GONG SHIRTS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED
ALL MOUTH OF GHOST ORDERS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED(12/02/2009)
ALL EMAILS AND PM'S HAVE BEEN REPLIED TO (10/14/2009)

If you fuck up and order a girl size instead of a dude or something to that affect, let me know via email (dillingermerch@yahoo.com) ASAP because we don't have a fancy way of fixing shit like that so I need to know.

Make SURE your paypal address is your current address! If you need to change your address, also let me know ASAP! Include your country too! I don't know how to format those 62 line UK addresses! Also if your country has some weird characters that aren't like an o with two dots on top.. Like some WEIRD SHIT, then try and print it in a US Western Encoded font because I can't go to the post office with smiley faces and musical notes in place or some weird 4th world country font.

I'm sure there are still a billion things you're wondering, so ask away. But just know everyone (including past members, crew members, tour managers, and other trendy scene band members) in the band reads this forum, and it's a priority to get you what you've paid for.

Thanks for your patience..

You can email me or instant message me if you have any other questions. Those are listed in my signature below.

Doug

Last edited by Dillinger Merch; 12-06-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Dillinger Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
stevegolf

stevegolf slam gang member
I haven't gotten my horse hunter shirt and I moved a month ago. Do you have an email so I can send my new address?
stevegolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Dillinger Merch
A dude

Use the paypal email.

It's dillingermerch@yahoo.com

Last edited by Dillinger Merch; 10-23-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Dillinger Merch
A dude

Be as specific as possible in the subject (i.e. stevegolf on the forum Horse Hunter shirt address) because there's a ton of shirt mail in that account and I don't want to miss anything important.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
goolick

goolick slam gang member
is the shit yeah shirt applicable in this case? never got it and that was a while back
goolick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Dillinger Merch
A dude

I'll find out. I assume they're doing that shit the same way. That being scrooge McDuck money bin full of merch in someone's apartment.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
goolick

goolick slam gang member
killer thanks a lot i really appreciate it
goolick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Glenji
Leggy Blonde

Glenji slam gang member
Have all the Black Bubblegum shirts gone out?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
Dillinger Merch
A dude

Alright so the deal with EVERYTHING, and that means EVERYTHING.. Is that every single shirt ever aside from ALL of the Party Smasher shirts and large majority of the International justice shirts and MOST of the domestic Justice shirts have been SHIPPED. The justice shirts are still being shipped as we speak. We've only got about 400 more to send out.

A big thing that's been happening is that people don't realize that the address given to us by paypal may be your old address, or just your billing address, and that's where it gets shipped. We're using USPS so we can't really track it from the broke-band tier of shipping method they offer. I'm not really sure what to say, you can try and get your money back through paypal, but every single shirt aside from the justice and Party shirts are long GONE.

I'm checking the dillinger yahoo account so if you guys have specific questions you don't feel like posting here, feel free to email that. But honestly it's easier for me to answer here because everyone can see the answer to a question that more than likely applies to a large group of people.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
Chemical Byrne

Chemical Byrne slam gang member
Dont try and butt rape me.
Chemical Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:35 AM   #11
ringo_shells
Failed Human.

ringo_shells slam gang member
vote #1 for Stickying for the duration of Dillinger having....merchandise....ever.

also im mucho glad i have an idea of where my shirt is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Weinman View Post
Faith No More asked us to play their headline shows in Europe but we cant do it. I want to shoot myself in the tip of my dick.
ringo_shells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 AM   #12
Goon

Goon slam gang member
I LOVE MY BLACK BUBBLEGUM T-SHIRT.
ITS TRIPPY!!!!
THANKYOU
Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #13
stark17
GY till I Die

stark17 slam gang member
Same, I've lost hope on the Shit yeah shirt, but still waiting for the 82588 bad boi.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
niat

niat slam gang member
Just a quick note to say please make the dollar value nice and clear on the Customs forms, as I had to pay extra customs duty in the UK on my Black Bubblegum shirt, as the value wasn't clear, despite it being below the threshold to pay.

Cheers!
niat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:11 AM   #15
Hooters

Hooters slam gang member
This is the Latvia dude... thanks the BB shirt arrived 3 weeks ago... and sorry I was so sour in the last Email...
Old 10-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #16
niat

niat slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarnboy View Post
I will man.. I haven't done the international ones yet because I'm trying to get this word template to work for the customs forms so I can just print them straight to it instead of chicken scratching 46 million shit-green forms.

Was there no value on the shirt you had or was it just not clear?
It was just unclear, looked like $40 on the form, but I paid $29 for the Black Bubblegum shirt and CD. The customs threshold is 18, which was about $36 at the time it was posted, and I had to pay about $20 to customs. I blame Greg, it looks like his sig on the form!

I've ordered 2 Justice shirts, on separate orders, so please don't post them together or I might get stung again as that'll put the value over 18.

Cheers,

Nick
Old 10-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #17
Dillinger Merch
A dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooters View Post
This is the Latvia dude... thanks the BB shirt arrived 3 weeks ago... and sorry I was so sour in the last Email...
Whoa are there more of you? Did you order a Justice shirt?

Hey man anyone that pays for something has a right to be pissed when said something is not there.

No worries.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #18
Dillinger Merch
A dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by niat View Post
It was just unclear, looked like $40 on the form, but I paid $29 for the Black Bubblegum shirt and CD. The customs threshold is 18, which was about $36 at the time it was posted, and I had to pay about $20 to customs. I blame Greg, it looks like his sig on the form!

I've ordered 2 Justice shirts, on separate orders, so please don't post them together or I might get stung again as that'll put the value over 18.

Cheers,

Nick
Shit is too confusing to me man. What should I write so that you don't have to pay anything. I've yet to do a UK one yet and don't want to make you pay more money.

I hate money.

That isn't free.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:39 AM   #19
niat

niat slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger Merch View Post
Shit is too confusing to me man. What should I write so that you don't have to pay anything. I've yet to do a UK one yet and don't want to make you pay more money.

I hate money.

That isn't free.
Should be OK as long as the value is clear on the form, as the shirts are less than $30.

Yeah, money sucks.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:45 AM   #20
timeless

timeless slam gang member
Hi

I still haven't received my Black Bubblegum shirt I ordered it in June was wondering when you shipped the last of them out? I live in the UK normally when I order from the US it usually takes anything from 2-6 weeks. It's a bummer as I was looking forward to this shirt and cd.
timeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #21
roll_tape

roll_tape slam gang member
uk shirts

you said that you haven't done any uk shirts yet but my milk lizard shirt was to the UK which i am still yet to recieve
roll_tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #22
stark17
GY till I Die

stark17 slam gang member
I think if you label it as a "gift" then the person receiving doesn't get charged shit. (I'm in the UK by the way)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #23
Mouth of Jeff

Mouth of Jeff slam gang member
Any word on the MoG shirt?
Mouth of Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #24
Serena

Serena slam gang member
Quote:

I hate money.

That isn't free.
If you mark the item as a GIFT then no customs charge will be attached. Will probably save you a ton of writing too.

Eh, sorry, just noticed some other people said it too. But might as well re-enforce the point :p
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #25
Dillinger Merch
A dude

Will that gift thing work if I'm shipping out like 200 a day? Won't that set off some sort of red flag?

I meant I haven't shipped out any UK Metallica shirts.. All the others are out minus party smasher. I'm pretty sure there are some Black Bubblegum shirts left over, so if anyone still doesn't have theirs, send me an email with your receipt to dillingermerch@yahoo.com
Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #26
Glenji
Leggy Blonde

Glenji slam gang member
Quote:

I meant I haven't shipped out any UK Metallica shirts.. All the others are out minus party smasher. I'm pretty sure there are some Black Bubblegum shirts left over, so if anyone still doesn't have theirs, send me an email with your receipt to dillingermerch@yahoo.com
Email sent.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #27
Maozilla

Maozilla slam gang member
I still haven't received my Horse Hunter shirt, sort of given up hope on it, but I had an email exchange a few months ago (June) with the company printing the shirts which gave me some hope. I'm in the UK if that make any difference and f it'll help I can send you the email exchange along with my original receipt.
Maozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:48 AM   #28
theartofnecro

theartofnecro slam gang member
Hey, i'm in Melbourne, Australia and i've got a friend who lives 2 suburbs away from me, he has his justice dillinger shirt but I dont have mine yet... :S
why is that?

Cheers guys
theartofnecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #29
aceofdaves
Face melter

aceofdaves slam gang member
Dude,

The official rule, (as written on my tshirt envelope) is that the allowance is 18 (about $28) unless it's marked gift in which case it's 36. I'm not sure about the red flag thing, I'd be concerned about that too. What I'd do is just keep the listed value below 18 GBP. You can check how much that is in Dollars on a day to day basis here (http://www.XE.com).

Thanks a lot man!
aceofdaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:32 AM   #30
stark17
GY till I Die

stark17 slam gang member
I forgot to say thanks for actually coming on the board and helping sort shit out.

so er...thanks.