SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Green Carnation

Green Carnation Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 01-07-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
Emperor_Borgir

i dont get it....

ok i dont get it...these guys are nothing like the bands they were in such as emperor and satyricon, im confused...i actually dont like green carnation...i mean i like my soft suff but this? this is going to far
Emperor_Borgir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
Damien666

What do you mean? That we play tissue metal/music :dj: ? hehe
Damien666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
dead6skin6mask6

haha
dead6skin6mask6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
rammpeth

maybe u arent tr00 enough now lol
rammpeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
MisstressOfBeer
Beer addict \m/Jupiler\m/

ufff, being able to play different styles of metal is bad? i always saw that as a good thing!

That is why i apart of Tchort his bands am always interested in Hellhammer his bands too quite some different styles, that makes them great musicians !
MisstressOfBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
taran

emperor burger is full of shit,if you dont like GC then what the f**k are you doing here? pull your fingers out of your ears and listen to the music.
taran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
Damien666

We are? Damn, someone must have fooled us, because i am more broke than ever
Old 01-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
Emperor_Borgir

Talking right then

ok first of all you are dissing dimmu borgir by calling them burger, second of all i appreciate that fact that people can play different genres of music but not if it is crap like this and i am here because i wanted to listen to their music and find out why they play girly chanting music with crap vocals that sounds worse than iron maiden. even their name is like black metal. i have nothing against soft core stuff like APC, HIM, nightwish etc but this is just crap so get off my case and go back to listening to whatever music you call this. i love the band members but not their music. rock on and R.I.P cheers guys :FIREdevil
Old 01-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
Emperor_Borgir

i dont actually think you suck i just dont think that the music shows what you can do. i have great appreciation and love and passion for music and i think that some of your other work is better. i dont think you play tissue metal, sorry if you think that im just your average music loving guy. R.I.P
Old 01-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #10
Hammasphee

Most pointless thread ever?

^ Most pointless post ever?
Hammasphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #11
Damien666

Well, I dont mind that he have his opinion on the matter. Some like what we do, some dont. Fair enough. We "change" our music because we change/evolve as persons/individuals. We get new members who like different things, with different preferences and backgrounds, and that shows in the music. There is only one member left from the first album and as a musician, i wouldnt feel very flattered if i were still playing the same songs (more or less) today, 7 years later . We express ourselves through our music (at least thats the case with Green Carnation) and if we forced ourselves to write music of a certain style just to please you or any one else - That would be a sellout. But sure, the music is more accessable to most people as it is presented today, but that has also a lot to do with the fact that we started playing live shows and some of our approach to our music changed because of this. It just wouldnt work playing a live show if our material only consisted of 5 Light of day albums, so we mix our shows with long versus shorter songs. Doesnt mean that we put less effort into the song writing process of current material, but the basic fact is that our music reflects who we are, and we changed over the last 7 years hence our music change with us. So you can start wondering what the next album will be like because my head`s pretty messed up the last 6-8 months.. And no, i am not trying to "convert" you or defend ourselves and what we do, these are thoughts i have on the matter
Old 01-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #12
Buman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Borgir
even their name is like black metal.
What's so BM about the name Green Carnation?
Buman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
rammpeth

lol demon burger, now THATS not BM (ok,,ICS Vortex is the shit but Shaggy and the gang suck) anyway,tchort, do you do anything else besides music, like a job?
rammpeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
H-O-D

Personnally... I think GC is way better then Satyricon, Emperor and other BM bands of the kind. I think the music focusses more on emotions and "prettyness" then on having a violent and aggresive sound. I used to listen to DM, some BM but the older I get, the less I like metal. Progressive, old rock and jazz are more interesting IMO cause its easier to really exploit all the complexity of music with these styles of music. So keep up the good work GC :)
H-O-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #15
AshDLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Borgir
i am here because i wanted to listen to their music and find out why they play girly chanting music with crap vocals that sounds worse than iron maiden. even their name is like black metal. i have nothing against soft core stuff like APC, HIM, nightwish etc but this is just crap so get off my case and go back to listening to whatever music you call this. i love the band members but not their music. rock on and R.I.P cheers guys
Yeesh... HIM... worst band ever. You should be flogged for bringing them up.

What I don't understand is the mentality of someone who claims to love a band's members but goes to the band's message board purely to bag out the music. :bang:
AshDLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #16
Gabe's

I don't know if it's better than Emperor and Satyricon or not, it's pointless, but nowadays I find great music in bands of Black, Death and Viking metal. Like Asmegin, Solefald, Septic Flesh (R.I.P), it's not Jazz (Definitively!!! ), but I listen jazz too. It's all about the moment, you can´t live listening Black Metal or progressive only, but if you can you music world is toooo boring.

SAlute
Gabe's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 AM   #17
dead6skin6mask6

lol @ this thread

omg! i like Snickers better than M&Ms because there is more mass to the packaging omg Snickers also has caramel and peanuts... M&Ms SOMETIMES has ONE of those things, making it not as good, evne though they taste completely different
dead6skin6mask6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #18
MadTinus
Detonation Moddereeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buman
What's so BM about the name Green Carnation?
I was thinking the same ;).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshDLS
Yeesh... HIM... worst band ever. You should be flogged for bringing them up.

What I don't understand is the mentality of someone who claims to love a band's members but goes to the band's message board purely to bag out the music. :bang:
Well, the title of this thread says it all basically.
MadTinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #19
NeptuneTowers

I don't think you even deserved an explanation, sir.
As a musician who advocates 'Evolutionary Black Metal' and the overall evolution of music... I would think it more humiliating to come out with a band that sounded like Dead of Winter or Tsjuder at this time.
Go find a Scum forum and make fun of Casey Chaos if you're so concerned about black metal purity... which I can't see a Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon caring all too much about. GC are black metal influence... but then again, so are Mortiis and Neptune Towers ;).
Don't like it? Don't listen, and don't bother the band and it's fans with your stupidity.
NeptuneTowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #20
NeptuneTowers

I don't think you even deserved an explanation, sir.
As a musician who advocates 'Evolutionary Black Metal' and the overall evolution of music... I would think it more humiliating to come out with a band that sounded like Dead of Winter or Tsjuder at this time.
Go find a Scum forum and make fun of Casey Chaos if you're so concerned about black metal purity... which I can't see a Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon caring all too much about. GC are black metal influenced... but then again, so are Mortiis and Neptune Towers .
Don't like it? Don't listen, and don't bother the band and it's fans with your stupidity.

As a Stravinsky fan... you make me laugh. :P
NeptuneTowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #21
Alexandra

Thank you very much Emperor_Borgir... this forum was so boring before you post ;)

Last edited by Alexandra; 01-18-2006 at 07:08 AM..
Alexandra is offline   Reply With Quote