SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Aborted

Aborted Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 10-23-2006, 06:30 AM   #1
colostomy phd

LINE UP & album update

Belgian death metallers ABORTED have confirmed rumors that they have parted ways with drummer Gilles Delecroix and bass player Olivia Scemama (ex-NO RETURN, BALROG).

Commented the group: "Being in a band like ABORTED at this point takes a lot of investment and commitment. Right now we are not making money to support members of the band. Every tour is a financial hazard for the band which forces us to keep the small amounts of money we do make on shows to keep as backup if anything goes wrong on tour or any other situation, so that we don't have to pay the bills from our own pockets anymore. The result of this is quite simple: we can't afford to pay band members to play in this band. These conditions are simple facts and didn't work for Gilles and Olivia, which made it quite obvious they couldn't be in the band anymore.

"We would like to welcome Peter Goemaere, who also plays in EMETH as a replacement for Olivia. Peter already performed with the band on a show in Tel Aviv (Israel) where he replaced Olivia who cancelled few days before leaving for Israel.

"The band is currently recording the new album, 'Slaughter & Apparatus: A Methodical Overture' with producer Tue Madsen at the Antfarm in Denmark. Drums on the record have been taken care of by Dave Haley from the band PSYCROPTIC and drums in the upcoming shows this and next year (until a fitting permanent replacement has been found) will be handled by Etienne Galo from the band NEGATIVA. Etienne's first show with the band will be on October 31st in Opwijk, Belgium. The band is currently taking auditions for a new drummer. Serious inquiries can be sent to aborted@telenet.be or avernusstudios@gmail.com.

"The new album is scheduled to be released worldwide mid-February through Century Media Records and features several guest performances by Jeff Walker (CARCASS), Jacob Bredahl (HATESPHERE) and Henrik Jacobsen (HATESPHERE)." The track listing for the effort is as follows:

01. The Chondrin Enigma
02. A Methodical Overture
03. Avenious
04. The Spaying Séance
05. And Carnage Basked In Its Ebullience
06. The Foul Nucleus Of Resurrection
07. Archetype
08. Ingenuity In Genocide
09. Odious Emanation
10. Prolific Murder Contrivance
11. Underneath Rorulent Soil

"Besides the regular 11 new tracks, the band also recorded two cover tracks for limited editions or Japanese release, [those] being 'Slaughtered' from PANTERA and 'Surprise! You're Dead' from FAITH NO MORE. The band's first official DVD, 'The Auricular Chronicles' will be released by Listenable Records on October 30th region free and NTSC format."
colostomy phd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #2
Iscariah

I must say that aborted had a lot of line-upchanges, it's a little bit like cradle of filth (hehe sry bad comparison, but hey ...). Isn't Svencho more like a 'dictator' (don't get me wrong) in the band. He wants the best for the band and he isn't ashamed to fire members, or am I totally wrong?
Iscariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
colostomy phd

this case simply had to do with people asking for money that simply wasn't there
Old 10-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
Iscariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by colostomy phd
this case simply had to do with people asking for money that simply wasn't there
Ok, mo voet upt west-vlams te zegn: wuk was tunt geval me thijs en julder nen vorige bassist (dien vwor olivia, kun nu wel nie up zien name kom moja, ge weet wel wien dak bedoele)?

Versta mie nie verkeerd é, tis goed dat aborted bluft bestoan en dat sommige individuen nie altijd het beste voor ebn me aborted lik gie sven, tenslotte ej gie wel diene groep upgericht. De situatie doe me wa peizn an annihilator en jeff waters, vin je nie?

Enfin ja, tis mo te hopen dat de nieuwe skive zwaor bust!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #5
Phil

Dave Haley!!
fuck yes
but Im definetly stoked for some more Aborted

and they other day I go to the record store and ask if they knew when the dvd would come out and she looks at me all wierd, then checks on the computer and said they a DVD isnt even in thier system :(

is it October 30 worldwide? or just Europe for now?
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
colostomy phd

it's just europe for now, US will only be in 2007 but you'll be able to get it for a sweet price from our site!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
colostomy phd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscariah
Ok, mo voet upt west-vlams te zegn: wuk was tunt geval me thijs en julder nen vorige bassist (dien vwor olivia, kun nu wel nie up zien name kom moja, ge weet wel wien dak bedoele)?

Versta mie nie verkeerd é, tis goed dat aborted bluft bestoan en dat sommige individuen nie altijd het beste voor ebn me aborted lik gie sven, tenslotte ej gie wel diene groep upgericht. De situatie doe me wa peizn an annihilator en jeff waters, vin je nie?

Enfin ja, tis mo te hopen dat de nieuwe skive zwaor bust!!!
vot simpel te zeggen, veel te veel problemen met de karakters van die 2 na de laatste US tour tussen hun & de anderen van de band, dus zo verdergaan ging niet meer, dan ging het helemaal gedaan gewist zin. Situatie is simpel, als er iets is dat het niet doet werken & er is een probleem, moet daar iets aan gedaan worden, anders krijg je uiteindelijk toch maar grote miserie
Old 10-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
dude0160

I have no idea what that says, but it sounds good, and im so pumped for this new release! Ive been listening to AA and Goremaggdon alot!

Aww to bad Olivia is gone :(
dude0160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:08 AM   #9
she must die

hey sven- if dave haley is playing drums for you guys over the next few months, will you be coming to australia at any time?
she must die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #10
pierced
drinkin' spree

Hey guys, kurvára nem értem that you said :-)
pierced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
colostomy phd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscariah
Ah k, tis geweune omdak julder ex-bassist gezien eb up roeselare live, en aj em aansprak over aborted, at ie nie vele te zegn, enfin ja, kiek ge weetet best en ge staat godver al stief verre me aborted, dusja, respect.

Zit er ooit een kanse in daj ne kji na roeselare live komt uptreden of ja ergens in west-vlaanderen?
ze hebben oes al 2kis gevraagd maar we hadden telkens al iets geboekt op die periode, maybe next time! momenteel nog nietn in de vloanders

and yes, i know enough about polish to know thats a curse! hehe
sorry for the flemmish dude!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 AM   #12
Iscariah

Sorry for the dutch conversation, but I found it actually quit interesting to talk in dutch to Svencho, it's quit funny that the rest of the forum can't understand you, so, from now on, back in english
Old 10-31-2006, 05:36 AM   #13
necrayas

Hehe we just got to many dialect in Vlaanderen.

Can't wait for the new album and probally gonna buy the DVD soon.
necrayas is offline   Reply With Quote