Alchemist Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 06:04 AM   #1
Mick
aka AlcheMick

New Interview online!

Hi there everybody!
Please head over to www.blistering.com/fastpage/fpengine.php/link/1/templateid/10570/tempidx/5/menuid/3 to start reading an awesome new, detailed interview with Adam on "Embryonics", the up-coming DVD, the new album, the way Alchemist writes and records, tour plans for 2006 - and featuring some funny anecdotes from the shady past of the band! Very interesting and therefore highly recommended!
So far I hadn't realized they were celebrating their 15th anniversary this year, e.g. I always thought it all started in 1987. OK, there was a completely different line-up then but still they managed to produced a demo tape!
Unfortunately, we probably will never get to hear that original stuff ... :-( considering what Adam said about "Paisley Bieurr". But I still hope "Embryonics, Part II" will cover 1987-1990 instead of 1998-2008 which will be better suited on "Embryonics, Part III", right?!
Anyway, congratulations to whatever anniversary it might be! Each year of Alchemist is worth celebrating so let's get the party started at last!!!

Last edited by Mick; 11-08-2005 at 06:18 AM..
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
the ancient metaller

Great stuff, thanks for posting the link Mick!

Peace (it's back!)

Glen.
the ancient metaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
Mick
aka AlcheMick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ancient metaller
Great stuff, thanks for posting the link Mick!
Hey, thanx a lot for the thumbs up, brother!
I'm just trying to do my part for our community, you know? I can't keep up with the work you and "The Viking" are doing at eBay so I'm on the lookout for other information on the band.
By the way, are you familiar with the two Alchemist-interviews from ABC's "Full Metal Racket" that can be found at www.abc.net.au/triplej/racket/interviews/interviews2003.htm ? They're short and a little dated by now but I just love the opportunity to hear the guys talk!
I'm sure Andrew Haug has more Alcha-stuff in his vault but so far he doesn't share anything else, unfortunately ... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ancient metaller
Peace (it's back!)
That's good to know!
:-)
Old 11-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
taog

Nice work Agius! can't wait for the cookbook!
taog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 AM   #5
Mick
aka AlcheMick

Quote:
Originally Posted by taog
Nice work Agius! can't wait for the cookbook!
Wow, there will be a cookbook! This will fit perfectly next to the up-coming laundry list of Stephen King!!! ;)
Addendum: I wrote the guy who did the interview a thankful e-mail and asked if there was another one based on his quote "the last time I spoke to Agius (Which was back in August 2004)". He got right back to me and sent me another interview (as an e-mail attachment) with Adam which was conducted on Wednesday 18th August 2004! This interview is just as detailed and covers a lot of topics such as "Austral Alien", the then up-coming first European tour (including Loudnoise claiming there was no reason to panic about still unconfirmed shows ... Aarrgh! I'd still like to clout them over their heads for that fuck-up!!!), support by Relapse, sales in Europe, more of Adam's view on a (potential) Alchemist-DVD, Metal For The Brain, etc. My favorite, though, is Adam's take on the "Progressive Metal"-tag! I competely agree with him here!!!
You can also find the interview online here - including pictures stolen from www.alchemist.com.au! :1pissed:
Oh yeah, while fiddling around I found yet another interview by the same guy here! :D
Edit: I already knew the one from 2003 because I had found it here. Sorry for the confusion!
So, there you go, people! You've got some reading to do! :)

Last edited by Mick; 11-10-2005 at 06:28 AM..
Old 11-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #6
Danfly

Nice work Mick.

In regards to Paisley Bieurr when you get your hands on your Embryonics you'll discover its totally awesome!
Danfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #7
taog

Who cares if Adza's not Jewish - I want my Sweet Potato Tzimes and Matzo Kugel!!

"Dear Mr. Agius,
I contacted you in the middle of October and requested that you contribute to the Jewish celebrity cookbook I am compiling – a charity-related project that will help Hurricane Katrina victims. I never received a reply to that request and my deadline is fast approaching, so I am following up by contacting you again –with a second plea for you to help me help the people of the Gulf Coast. I hope you will consider participating in this project and honor me with a reply."

Could put your rissols in champ!

I recon you should do it Adam, anyone agree?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #8
Mick
aka AlcheMick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfly
Nice work Mick.
Thanx a lot. *blushes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfly
In regards to Paisley Bieurr when you get your hands on your Embryonics you'll discover its totally awesome!
I'm sure it is. Now all I need is "The Viking" to re-activate his Paypal-account so I finally can pay for the stuff he brought for me!

Quote:
"Dear Mr. Agius,
I contacted you in the middle of October and requested that you contribute to the Jewish celebrity cookbook I am compiling – a charity-related project that will help Hurricane Katrina victims. I never received a reply to that request and my deadline is fast approaching, so I am following up by contacting you again –with a second plea for you to help me help the people of the Gulf Coast. I hope you will consider participating in this project and honor me with a reply."
Who wrote this?

Quote:
I recon you should do it Adam, anyone agree?
No, he doesn't have time for this! Are out of your mind? Don't distract him from doing some more revelatory interviews while composing, training his voice, organizing MFTB, ... ;-)
Who needs a jewish cookbook anyway? Oops, maybe this isn't the right to say for a German ... :-)))
Old 11-16-2005, 02:15 AM   #9
taog

No, he doesn't have time for this! Are out of your mind? Don't distract him from doing some more revelatory interviews while composing, training his voice, organizing MFTB, ... ;-)

what about rootin & wankin?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:04 AM   #10
Mick
aka AlcheMick

Quote:
what about rootin & wankin?
Well, that's OK. I mean, he has to get his inspiration somewhere, doesn't he? ;)
Old 11-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #11
Mick
aka AlcheMick

Smile

I just stumbled about something which is rather uncommon, unfortunately: An audio Alchemist-interview!
Check it out for yourself at www.abc.net.au/triplej/racket/listen/default.htm:
Quote:
Listen To Our Latest
Alchemist (4.73 MB) 08/11/2007
Andrew Haug speaks with Adam Agius from Alchemist
Old 11-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #12
Mick
aka AlcheMick

Thumbs up

I just found something amazing: A video interview with Rodney!
The picture resolution is pretty low even for YouTube, but it's the content that matters, isn't it?
And Alchemist have never failed me in this regard!
Some exciting news seem to be approaching the horizon: The band is about to get into podcasting (Maybe they enjoyed hosting "Full Metal Racket" on Triple J that much back in August?!)!
Where's that anti-hyperventilation plastic bag when I need it?!
Anyway, I just loved this interview! It was awesome seeing Rod again and listening to what he has to say!!!
So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to YouTube at long last!