SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Anata

Anata Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #31
Spraypainsos

Just popping in to say Conny and Anata in general is amazing and under-appreciated.
Spraypainsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #32
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraypainsos View Post
Just popping in to say Conny and Anata in general is amazing and under-appreciated.
Well, you definitely seem to know what you are talking about :)
Cheers man/
Conny
anata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 AM   #33
bamafan

Conny...I too have nothing but great things to say about your drumming. I have been drumming for 15 years and I am amazed at some of the things you do. You have a very fluid style and it never seems stale. You, Gavin Harrison, Flo Mournier, and Brann Dailor are my favorites, so you're in some great company! I love lots of death metal, but what sets you and Anata apart is the melody...not just constant blasting which gets old quickly. Anyway, I love Pearl drums. The company is top notch. Why did you choose to switch? Was it simply a business decision or were you simply ready for a change? What brand and size cymbals do you use? Thanks for all you and your bandmates in Anata have given us fans. Now, if I could just get you guys to play near us I'd be a happy man!
bamafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #34
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
Conny...I too have nothing but great things to say about your drumming. I have been drumming for 15 years and I am amazed at some of the things you do. You have a very fluid style and it never seems stale. You, Gavin Harrison, Flo Mournier, and Brann Dailor are my favorites, so you're in some great company! I love lots of death metal, but what sets you and Anata apart is the melody...not just constant blasting which gets old quickly. Anyway, I love Pearl drums. The company is top notch. Why did you choose to switch? Was it simply a business decision or were you simply ready for a change? What brand and size cymbals do you use? Thanks for all you and your bandmates in Anata have given us fans. Now, if I could just get you guys to play near us I'd be a happy man!
Hi! Thanks a lot for appreciating what we do. I means a lot to me and to us. I wasn't endorsed by Tama so when Pearl gave me the offer I simply said yes.
I have had three Pearl kits before my Tama kit so I knew it was good stuff. So it was quite much business so to speak at the time but I think Pearl drums is a better choice anyway. I have a deal coming with DW drums as well. So maybe in a year I have switched to DW drums. Everyone says that DW drums are better then Pearl, Tama and probably many other brands. Even my personal contact in Pearl drums say that DW make the best drums ni the world. They are twice as expensive as well and maybe that explains it. I am certainly open for it.

I have allways used Sabian cymbals even before the endorsement. I have got endorsement from Pearl, Sabian, Remo, Vic Firth and Axis. That pretty much cover everything up :)

"Under a stone with no inscription" and "The Conductor´s Departure" was pretty much recorded with the same stuff. The Tama Starclassic performer kit. Sabian AAX stage crashes 16", 17" and 18" on both albums. 10" AA and AAX splashes. 14" AA Regular Hats. 14" AAX mini Chinese. And actually a 21" Zildjan Rock ride and a 18" Paiste China.

But now for this new album (we will enter the studio in a matter of weeks I hope) it's Pearl Masters BRX drums and I have changed my Ride to a Sabian 22" HH Power bell ride. And instead of the Paiste China I have two new ones: 19" AAXtreme China and 18" AA Fast chinese. And three new HHX crashes: 18" stage crash, 17" studio crash and 16" explosion crash. My splashes are a 10" Legacy splash and a 10" HHX splash. They all sound lovely :)
The hi-hat and mini chinese are still the same ones. I hope this answer your questions. I you want even more detailed list of what I use on each album you are welcome to ask. We would love to come and play for you.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 04-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #35
ElementsofTime
Fuck my life

Conductor's Departure is truly a master-piece, not that other Anata records aren't, but as a drummer i can say that that album ESPECIALLY appealed to me. For a lengthy amount of time I've worked on trying to learn a few songs myself from that record. You have warped my writing style forever. Your death metal style is not traditional but is so inquisitive that i've been captivated since day one by that album, and i cant even imagine what is going to come post "Conductor's Departure". Congrats for being such a badass drummer, i can't imagine the hard work and grizzling effort you put into that album, but it truly was absolutely outstanding, and sets a stage for young death metal musicians like myself for years to come. Salute and good fortune, can't wait to hear your next release. one question, how many years have you played and who or what was your BIGGEST influence?
ElementsofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #36
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementsofTime View Post
Conductor's Departure is truly a master-piece, not that other Anata records aren't, but as a drummer i can say that that album ESPECIALLY appealed to me. For a lengthy amount of time I've worked on trying to learn a few songs myself from that record. You have warped my writing style forever. Your death metal style is not traditional but is so inquisitive that i've been captivated since day one by that album, and i cant even imagine what is going to come post "Conductor's Departure". Congrats for being such a badass drummer, i can't imagine the hard work and grizzling effort you put into that album, but it truly was absolutely outstanding, and sets a stage for young death metal musicians like myself for years to come. Salute and good fortune, can't wait to hear your next release. one question, how many years have you played and who or what was your BIGGEST influence?
Hey man!!!
First of all I have to say that I really appreciate that you have been listening. It means a lot :)

Well, it actually was some hard work to record that album. One day to set the drum sound and four days of recording. I spent around 4-5 hours of playing everyday which is more than I use to do. I can promise you that you will not be dissapointed when you hear our next album. It's a real killer if I may say so myself :)

I have been playing for 16 years. And I have been playing death metal for about 8 years. And I joined Anata 2001. My first inspirations was Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Sepultura, Entombed, Dream theater and Slayer.
Later it was Morbid Angel, Deicide, Dismember, Helloween, Testament and Death. Nowadays I listen to all kinds of music, but allmost no death metal at all. The drummers who have influenced me the most would be: Deen Castronovo, Virgil Donati, Gene Hoglan, Pete Sandoval, Dave Lombardo and Dave Weckl.
Cheers/
Conny
Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #37
ElementsofTime
Fuck my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by anata View Post
Hey man!!!
First of all I have to say that I really appreciate that you have been listening. It means a lot :)

Well, it actually was some hard work to record that album. One day to set the drum sound and four days of recording. I spent around 4-5 hours of playing everyday which is more than I use to do. I can promise you that you will not be dissapointed when you hear our next album. It's a real killer if I may say so myself :)

I have been playing for 16 years. And I have been playing death metal for about 8 years. And I joined Anata 2001. My first inspirations was Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Sepultura, Entombed, Dream theater and Slayer.
Later it was Morbid Angel, Deicide, Dismember, Helloween, Testament and Death. Nowadays I listen to all kinds of music, but allmost no death metal at all. The drummers who have influenced me the most would be: Deen Castronovo, Virgil Donati, Gene Hoglan, Pete Sandoval, Dave Lombardo and Dave Weckl.
Cheers/
Conny
You and I have identical influences, in all senses.
ElementsofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #38
anata

Double bass drum exercises

Hello!
A fan that just got his first doublepedal asked me yesterday about exercises to get control with your feet. I tried to post the exercises here but the drum notes went crazy and for some reason I can't attach it either. But on the Anata myspace page www.myspace.com/anata I managed to post on our blogg 10 exercises of double strokes and paradiddles with your feet in order to strengthen your left foot and to get control.
I hope you may find it useful.
Cheers Conny
Old 04-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #39
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

Cheers Conny!
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #40
Israeli Fan

I'm only gonna say that from this thread only i fucking appreciate you so much more Conny...I mean you are truly one of the best drummers i've heard and a favorite musician of mine. but the thing that blew me away is your kindness man, i'm no drummer but from the body of every post you have wrote at this thread i can tell you put a lot of effort to help us fans with our questions, i mean really helped out. warms my heart to see a musician so determint and respectful for his fans, as they are to him. freaking love you man :)
the day your foot steps on the holy land for a show I'm freaking there with a keg :D

the only thing that upsets me about you is that i wanna start playing the drums but drummes like you or Tomas Hakke (Meshuggah:X) takes out every belief of me trying to nail this complex music i enjoy so much and got me thinkig that i'll play things like linking park or tokyo hotel for the rest of my drumming days :X

Damn your talent!!!!! ><"

:P
Israeli Fan is offline   Reply With Quote