SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Anata

Anata Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
anata

Thumbs up Excerpts from the new album uploaded

Anata proudly present two excerpts from the upcoming album, both of these from the track entitled 'Greed conquers all'. The album will be released on Earache later this year, and we hope that you will find these clips appetizing…

Please note that this is a 'rough-mix' or whatever - basically every sound will be different! Also, these are instrumental versions and vocals are still to be recorded.

Ready? Click here:

www.myspace.com/anata
anata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Transient
i wont

appetizing indeed. it sounds good (though the patch ins are kind of rough)
im not sure who "anata" is on the forum, but would you want to do an interview with me?
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
foreign10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient View Post
im not sure who "anata" is on the forum, but would you want to do an interview with me?
patch ins? do you mean punch ins?
foreign10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
F0RBIDDEN

It's a shared account, I've seen every member of the band use it at least once.

These clips fucking rule, this album is going to be retardedly fucking good. I don't know why you guys are the biggest fucking thing in metal, just goes over everyone's heads I guess...
F0RBIDDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
Antæos

Incredible, and I'm 100% sure it'll be mindblowingly awesome once we get to hear the song in its proper context.

I'm terribly sorry that Andreas is leaving, but a great big THANK YOU to Fredrik and the rest of you for trucking on with this release. I love you guys so much it's almost embarrassing, hahah
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
anata

Quote:
It was me, Fredrik, who posted the last two threads. For sure an interview would be cool, but at the moment we're a bit too busy w the recording. But I promise to do one later, OK?

Btw what's 'patch ins'? Might be of importance, I'm trying to record an album here!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
phagist_
scatter the ember

fuck yeh! can't wait.
phagist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Transient
i wont

Quote:
Originally Posted by anata View Post
It was me, Fredrik, who posted the last two threads. For sure an interview would be cool, but at the moment we're a bit too busy w the recording. But I promise to do one later, OK?

Btw what's 'patch ins'? Might be of importance, I'm trying to record an album here!
patch in or punch in, where two different tracks were patched together? like you can hear the parts click as they stop and start? kind of hard to explain

and sure i understand, you are busy working...lemme know if you ever want to do one. ill cook up some questions
Old 07-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
anata

Quote:
like you can hear the parts click as they stop and start
Like I said, soundwise these clips are rough. Every sound will be different in the final mix. But - I'm not sure what you're hearing! It's not a big thing and maybe I shouldn't comment your opinion. Or I shouldn't, but anyway...

Whatever it is, it's not different takes that start and stop. That's for sure. If we're talking about the guitars in the first clip, maybe it's a gate closing and opening again. Else it's probably just how we play it.

And then I guess, you will just have to live with that

/F
Old 07-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #10
Transient
i wont

like around 23 seconds on the myspace player, for the first song, the way everything stops and starts? and again at 28
basically before the crash cymbal, maybe its just too rapid a fade out on the guitar or something. i really dont mean to be heckling you in your thread man, im enjoying the new clips for sure, sorry
Old 07-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
quartertone
Academmik musition

Damn, how can you guys be so consistently excellent? It baffles me. I can't wait for the release - and I hope Earache doesn't fuck you over.
quartertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0RBIDDEN View Post
These clips fucking rule, this album is going to be retardedly fucking good. I don't know why you guys are the biggest fucking thing in metal, just goes over everyone's heads I guess...
Not I lad, not I. This riffing has that instant appeal, but still gives that vibe like the riffs are going to grow on me heaps like TCD did. I admit, I wasn't that impressed by TCD when it first came out, yet I found myself listening to it quite regularly regardless. It kept growing and growing on me, and now for me it's definately one of the very best albums released in the last 5-10 years.

Hey Fred, will there be any more doomy, slow songs like "I Would Dream Of Blood"? You're really good at writing those slow sections/riffs.

Last edited by Cloaca; 07-31-2008 at 09:05 AM..
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
anata

Quote:
like around 23 seconds on the myspace player, for the first song, the way everything stops and starts? and again at 28
basically before the crash cymbal, maybe its just too rapid a fade out on the guitar or something. i really dont mean to be heckling you in your thread man, im enjoying the new clips for sure, sorry
No problem, it takes WAY more to upset me. I'm just glad you like the music!

Anyway, the spots at 23 and 28 seconds (and also at 35) are short pauses in the guitars, it's played like that. (There are actually more of those in there but only in one of the guitars). It's also a gate that closes, hence the intense silence. Again, it's supposed to be like that and so it will be exactly the same on the album.

Cheers,
/F
Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #14
Transient
i wont

oh ok, a gate as in conceptual gate? i thought you meant a noise gate misfiring or something hahaha. anyway lots of cool pull off riffs, as expected. interested to hear vocals. and yes, i hope earache is good to you guys, gets you some decent merch this time around!!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #15
AnataFan4Life

*listens to samples*

Holy fuck. I just came. And this is just the ROUGH version? Imagine what it will sound like when its done! You guys manage to sound different on every album without abandoning your original style. Each album has been better than the last, and I'm sure this trend will continue on the new album. Seriously, metal needs more bands like this.

Fanboy-ism aside, are there any surprises we should expect on the new record?
AnataFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
*listens to samples*

Holy fuck. I just came. And this is just the ROUGH version? Imagine what it will sound like when its done! You guys manage to sound different on every album without abandoning your original style. Each album has been better than the last, and I'm sure this trend will continue on the new album. Seriously, metal needs more bands like this.

Thanks a lot for your nice comments. I guess one surprise is the 5 minute long instrumental song. Otherwise I guess every song on this album is a nice surprise :)

Cheers/
Conny
Old 08-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
LesserAnimal

Really excited for this. The clips sound awesome!

Any news on the art? I haven't been keeping up very well.
LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserAnimal View Post
Really excited for this. The clips sound awesome!

Any news on the art? I haven't been keeping up very well.
Hey man!
Sorry, no news regarding art yet. We are working on it.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 08-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #19
Shred The Ganja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca View Post
Not I lad, not I. This riffing has that instant appeal, but still gives that vibe like the riffs are going to grow on me heaps like TCD did. I admit, I wasn't that impressed by TCD when it first came out, yet I found myself listening to it quite regularly regardless. It kept growing and growing on me, and now for me it's definately one of the very best albums released in the last 5-10 years.

Hey Fred, will there be any more doomy, slow songs like "I Would Dream Of Blood"? You're really good at writing those slow sections/riffs.
Word.

These clips rule! You guys seem to be expandng on your already original sound.....can't wait to hear more.
Shred The Ganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #20
Israeli Fan

heard them and it made me upset
because they fucking rule and now i'm frustrated that yoy'll probebly never play a live show here at israel :(

but maybe there is hope cuz maybe next year we'll have another ANTHEM METALFEST (we will have one on the 14th this month and we have a very respectable list of bands that are coming: Meshuggah, Opeth,Nevermore,Dark Tranquility,The Fading,Whorecore and a lot more...) so after you'll gain your fucking well-deserved respect followed by this album (And I'm sure you will) you'll come here!

to sum things up: LOVED the recordings though not sure it'll up The Conductor's Departure, but still i'm expecting a fucking A album...and i can't wait to see you guys here..
Israeli Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #21
anata

Quote:
*listens to samples*
Seriously, metal needs more bands like this.
Thanks, it's people like you who keep us going... and help us stay determined to make every album the very best we can.

Quote:
Sure, how about some vocals from Mr. Drake? (For starters...)

Cheers,
/F
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #22
LesserAnimal

Well, knowing that you're happy for feedback I should tell you that I get more excited for this each time I play the samples.

The riff at :17 seconds in the first clip sounds particularly sinister, something very cool in an Anata context. The drumming is fantastic as we've heard it thus far, as is the production!

Also, the small pauses in the guitar discussed earlier in this thread create a very cool effect in my opinion.
LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #23
anata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca View Post
Thanks man! In general, this will be a very fast album. This will especially be noticed in the drums, now with for example faster blasts and kicks than ever before.

Btw "I would dream of blood" was actually a bit of an experiment! I wanted to challenge myself in terms of writing death metal songs - would I be able to write a great song completely without blast beats? (Generally dm people consider fast being cool and slow not quite as cool. Thus it's probably easier to impress with fast stuff.) Anyway that's how the song, experiment or whatever came out.

To your question: maybe not as doomy as "I would dream of blood", but there will be a slow/mid-paced song with no blast beats at all (or "almost" I should say but what the hey...)

It's the instrumental song.

Cheers,
/F
Old 08-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #24
Dexter_prog

Like I said on the other thread. The samples kick ass and this might be THE album of 2008 (if it is released in 2008 xD).
Jag kan inte vänta för albumet :P
Dexter_prog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #25
AnataFan4Life

Hey guys

I was also wondering about the solos on this album. You guys can make some great,tasteful solos without making them too long, and only fitting them in if they compliment the song. How much of a presence will they make on the new record, and will they be similar to the ones on The Conductor's Departure?
AnataFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:38 AM   #26
anata

Quote:
Hey guys

I was also wondering about the solos on this album. You guys can make some great,tasteful solos without making them too long, and only fitting them in if they compliment the song. How much of a presence will they make on the new record, and will they be similar to the ones on The Conductor's Departure?
Hey man!!!
I know that Fredrik is busy recording so I will answer for him. Maybe he will answer also when he gets the time but regarding the solos there will be many aggressive, melodic and wonderful solos in all tracks of the album. Maybe Fredrik will correct me on this because I'm not 100% sure about the instrumental song ,I have not heard the solos on that one. But Fredrik never misses a chance to play a great solo so I guess it's all of them :)

And if they will be similar to the ones at TCD I guess I have to say both yes and no. They are a development from TCD in the ANATA-style Fredrik makes them but they are unique in the way they have to be to fit in each song.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 08-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #27
anata

Quote:
Hey guys

Well I spoke to Fredrik and there will actually be 2 solos in the instrumental song. So all the songs will have solos.

Cheers/
Conny
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #28
Israeli Fan

I think that being the album of the year will be a quite a hard job cuz fucking CYNIC is relesing an album this year.... a band i sure anata know and respect because of Cynic contribution to tech death and prog metal...(and if not i really recommend "Focus"to everyone!)

but i'm sure that they will both be a fucking top notch albums...really a bettle between the 2 of three gods of tech death metal (the third is fucking GOROD!)

click to here a sample of cynic new album

all the best to you guys anata,
Aviv
Israeli Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #29
Silence Is Deafening

Sounds awesomely good... I really can't wait for this.
Silence Is Deafening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 AM   #30
gurrmuff
Fuck Dolphins

pretty sick
gurrmuff is offline   Reply With Quote