dude0160

New Lineup

Line up:

- Sven De Caluwť - chant
- Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork, Scarve) - batterie
- Eran Segal - guitare
- Ken Sorceron (Abigail Williams) - guitare
- Cole Martinez (System Divide) - basse

Interested in hearing the new material and the cover art is awesome!
I wonder what happened to the old lineup??
dude0160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
TheAlphaBreed
Never Ending.

What happened to Dan Wilding?..

Or the rest of the band, for that matter?
TheAlphaBreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
dude0160

OK I read that Dan went to focus on his other band and the other guys either went to work on studio work or just went seperate ways cuz of differences.

Sven also said this newer one is more like Goremageddon but mixed with the newer sound too.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
colostomy phd

well, the official statement is on our myspace

and no, the new material will not sound anything like the last 2 albums
but back to the goremageddon/engineering/archaic style with some
other things, expect it to be bwootal
colostomy phd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
potmazhik

fuck yeah! heard about it a few days ago on metalist magazine and i cant fucking wait!
potmazhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
Necroticism89

You're going back to the Goremageddon style?

Most disappointing news I've heard in a good while. I've always loved the trilogy of Archaic Abattoir to Strychnine the best.

:(
Necroticism89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
dude0160

Naw man, I think most fans would agree that Purity to Goremageddon was the best era for Aborted. Don't get me wrong..I like the new cds but the older shit is where its at.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
Necroticism89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude0160 View Post
Naw man, I think most fans would agree that Purity to Goremageddon was the best era for Aborted. Don't get me wrong..I like the new cds but the older shit is where its at.
I agree most people do prefer the earlier stuff. But, for me, the experimentation and atmosphere (especially on the last record) was something which set Aborted from the majority of br00thul bands, and made them into something which was far better than the second-rate Goregrind Carcass clones which Aborted were originally derived from.

Aborted had a formula which was original. They had the melody, the brutality, the atmosphere, everything. And, on paper, it looks like something I would absolutely hate. A mixture of Melodic Death Metal with Brutal Shredding Deathcore sounds like the manifestation of everything wrong with Death Metal in one fat ball but, goddamnit, they made it work.

Hell, even the artwork was leagues ahead of any of their competitors. It was more subtle and relied a bit on the imagination, and was beautiful to look at. This new EP just looks like a straight forward gore scene and that's what the earlier stuff says to me. Straight-forward gore which just blasts and grinds.

Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the earlier stuff as well, but I just find it a shame that Aborted have had to ditch the originality in favour of retreading old glories just because the fans were too narrow-minded to appreciate what they were doing. I feel that Aborted had just begun to tap into what they could really do with their new style and felt the new album would have carried on this style even more, adding more new elements and simply refining it, but this news just makes me very sad as they'll never fully get to progress that sound to perfection, which I feel they would have done.
Necroticism89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
B.T.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroticism89 View Post
I agree most people do prefer the earlier stuff. But, for me, the experimentation and atmosphere (especially on the last record) was something which set Aborted from the majority of br00thul bands, and made them into something which was far better than the second-rate Goregrind Carcass clones which Aborted were originally derived from.

Aborted had a formula which was original. They had the melody, the brutality, the atmosphere, everything. And, on paper, it looks like something I would absolutely hate. A mixture of Melodic Death Metal with Brutal Shredding Deathcore sounds like the manifestation of everything wrong with Death Metal in one fat ball but, goddamnit, they made it work.

Hell, even the artwork was leagues ahead of any of their competitors. It was more subtle and relied a bit on the imagination, and was beautiful to look at. This new EP just looks like a straight forward gore scene and that's what the earlier stuff says to me. Straight-forward gore which just blasts and grinds.

Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the earlier stuff as well, but I just find it a shame that Aborted have had to ditch the originality in favour of retreading old glories just because the fans were too narrow-minded to appreciate what they were doing. I feel that Aborted had just begun to tap into what they could really do with their new style and felt the new album would have carried on this style even more, adding more new elements and simply refining it, but this news just makes me very sad as they'll never fully get to progress that sound to perfection, which I feel they would have done.
+1

So Sven finally caves huh?! Fuck, thats what I call FAIL!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
rfe
idk

Well, to be honest, Strychnine sucked. I liked everything up until Slaughter, which that album and Goremageddon earned a spot on my favorites list. So if this album is gonna be a Goremageddon/Archaic hybrid, then i'm sure it'll be kickass.
rfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
dude0160

New stuff seemed to be going more core for my tastes.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #12
B.T.K.

Ya know, the more I think about, the more I'm starting to feel Strychnine.213 is kinda their swan song if you will. In all honesty, I don't even think they (i.e. Sven @ whoever-the-fuck) could even come close to its magnitude. We'll get a tiny sneak peek w/ this Ep but eh, going backwards is fucking pointless.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #13
colostomy phd

its nothing about going backwards or caving in, its merely playing the style of music i enjoy the most, with this band at least. Something I pretty much wanted to do since archaic but only got the chance to now, and personally am very happy with. Doesn't really matter what others say.

just listen to the new song on myspace and make up your own mind :)
its not like we went to playing goregrind or anything
Old 12-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
B.T.K.

Well then Sven why didn't you just keep doing the Goremageddon style since Goremageddon if thats what you really love the most... all your old trve diehard fans would still be on your dick, instead of calling you a sell-out. Since you are the only original member of the band, that does make Aborted your baby, yeah?!!? I dont know, Im just not getting it. Goremageddon, The Archaic Abattoir, Slaughter & Apparatus, and Strychnine are killer works no doubt, and Ive always loved your vocals man but I thought this band would've kept moving forward but eh, I guess in the end I should of known better. I am not totally disregarding the band just yet, Ill just wait for the release of a new length to decide!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #15
colostomy phd

simple, different people in the band, with different visions really, trust me there are still some progressive or new elements in the new songs, but the core sound is there that went a bit missing on the last 2 albums, in my opinion. I believe everyone who is in the current line up is first of all a fan of the band and they also wanted to bring back what they were missing in our sound since, and logically I think perhaps Coronary Reconstruction sounds more like a natural evolution from the archaic abattoir than the latter 2 records do.

it doesn't really matter in the end, when we did goremageddon people called this band sellouts cause it didnt sound as USDM as engineering, when we did archaic we played metalcore according to some, and then strychnine was deathcore and sellout, the people in the band fully believe in the new material and it feels right, to me, I haven't enjoyed the material this much for a while. That is what really matters, regardless of what people that are not directly linked to the band think.

This being said I hope you enjoy the new material and just give it a spin when its out
Old 12-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
B.T.K.

.....and life goes on huh?! I guess Ill still giver a spin. Whats the US release date?! And is this only a digital DL or is there gunna be some physical copies or...?! Ill check it out in full once I get my hands on either the DL or Cd, whatever! Thanks for your correspondence Sven, appreciate that bro!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
colostomy phd

no problem at all man

it is coming out on 1000 copies only on digipack, there is a pre order up with the digipack now with some shirt and other stuff, but it will be avail as just the digipack later on as well,
just check it out wherever you can find it if you feel like ;)
Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #18
B.T.K.

...........on a side note, hows the new System Divide comin' bro... that ep was pretty fucking good dude. now ya got me curious about the full length cpt. sven. i dont know what it is, but goddamn, theres just something about it... keep us informed! 'cause i for one, am pretty curious to hear this fucking thing..... after that tho, can you take Aborted back in the same vein as your last opus Strychnine.213?!!!?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #19
colostomy phd

we are actually tracking the last vocals for that record right now haha, then its off to mix and master to jacob hansen, expect it to continue in the line of the ep, some more brutal songs, some more epic songs, some more melodic songs, its all coming together pretty nicely, nothing to do with aborted obviously haha

Aborted is going to be in the line of the new EP, just check out all the tunes when it comes available