SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Adrift
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adrift Website

Old 05-26-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
Buzzmeg

Buzzmeg slam gang member
My 2 cents about Jack leaving CC

What I have to say will most likely be short and sweet and to the point..

To those of you bashing Jack about leaving CC please shut the fuck up and worry about something else. To even take the time to fucking write on this board or on there guestbook your fucking bullshit about him is getting old..Jack is not just a guitarist. When I was running the cannibalcorpse1.com site alot of fucking people ignored what I was doing and didnt give a fuck. (I am not going to name any names) When I met Jack and told him who I was he imediatly (<----spelt wrong) took time out of his day and answered any questions that I had. Every show since that day I was there and he always rememberd that I was going to be there and put me on the guest list. Although I cant say that I know the guy extremlly well, I do consider him a friend and would do anything for him.. If he is happy doing this then appreciate it and keep your mouth shut. Be happy that he gave you 15 years of music that was the best of the genre. So if you guys have anything else to say please do me a favor and send me the e-mail and let me know what you have to say so that I can tear you up and what you wrote sentence by sentence and make you look like the dumbass that you are..

Thanks
Sean
seanc@dyingfetus.com
Buzzmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
owenadrift

owenadrift slam gang member
Go Sean! Sometimes I wanna just go up to death metal fans and tell them Fuck you and fuck death metal and fuck anyone who likes death metal, but that would be wrong on my part, and I wouldn't mean it. There are great death metal bands that I will listen to for a long time. Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Obituary, Sadus, Venom, and many more...There are great fans of the music who are also my friends. There are just a few assholes who are so crushed by my leaving, that obviously have nothing better to do than worry about their favorite band and the lineup. If you look at the grand scheme of things, Corpse is just noise that anyone can create with some practice. I never thought we were close to any of the bands I mentioned earlier. We lacked musical talent, songwriting talent, and made up for it in extreme content, plain and simple. We never had a Pete Sandoval, we never had a Steve Digiorgio, we never had Cronos on vocals, and we never had the songwriting ala "Altars of Madness". I conqured one small extreme genre and am moving on to more challenging things. In this band, I have to worry about heavy riffs, clean riffs, and changing back and forth between them, and backing vocals, and songwriting. It's something I can play for anyone, and get an honest opinion. When I tried to describe Cannibal to a family member, or non-death metal fan, I would say my band sounds like bbbbbbbbbbbllllllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh hhhhhhhhghhhhhhhhhh
which was all I could do. Now I can tell them we have all these great songs about great topics, with great lyrics, and beautiful textures and dynamics, and a great lineup of 5 family like members who are all on the same page and are hungrier than most younger bands. So there you go. That's my 2 cents for this week!
owenadrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:07 AM   #3
Buzzmeg

Buzzmeg slam gang member
Jack my friend I would support you if you played fucking be-bop....I agree with everything that you said above....Death does get old after awhile Playing and listening to it.... I think the people that are pissed about you leaving are the ones who are closed minded and listen to only one type of music and thats it.. If you are happy playing one thing that is what you should do... Not be stuck playing something that you are unhappy with because that is what is expected of you.......fuck all who dont understand...
Old 05-27-2004, 01:09 AM   #4
Buzzmeg

Buzzmeg slam gang member
oh yeah Jack send me you e-mail addy I think it would be easier to get ahold of you that way instead of your phone.....

seanc@dyingfetus.com
Old 05-27-2004, 10:35 AM   #5
El Diablo
miasma

El Diablo slam gang member
i think corpse has/had talent. i guess alot of people could shred if they practiced, but you made the calssis riffs. gallery, stripped, raped and strangled. those songs to alot of people could just be noise or whatnot, but i think its still talent to at least have all that stamina. death metal can barely be creative anymore, which is kind of sad. new inventive things are coming of. exhumed is going into the melodic phase, which is awesome. and dying fetus just opening pissing in the mainstream with those sweeps... thats innovative, i love that fucking intro. or the classic death songs. before death metal was all blast beats, death wrote the intro for the philosopher. that was the first song i heard by them, and i still love it everytime i hear it. or anytime i play it. not only are melodic riffs changing peoples style of music, but anytime i learn them makes me feel one step closer to being a good musician. but i have lots of time before im any good. i wont be the next steve vai, or the next satriani. i wont be the next chuck, but hopefully, ill be good enough that people look up to me. a person like jack owen. :D im a kissass, but a good guitarist cant go uncomplimented if i get the chance. keep going with adrift, and ill still look up to you as one of the best.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #6
Hyperblasters

Hyperblasters slam gang member
Talking la patate

lache pas la patate owen!!

guess who?? hehehe
Hyperblasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
ask the Band B*tch

ask the Band B*tch slam gang member
Bravo, Bravo, Bravo, Bravo. Jack you are an artist and a gentleman and you have wonderful people that support you and that makes you a lucky man. Cheers!:D
ask the Band B*tch is offline   Reply With Quote