SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Adrift
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adrift Website

Old 06-09-2004, 09:17 AM   #31
owenadrift

owenadrift slam gang member
Hell yeah! Calgary was great, but ran outta gas, and the Lightning just had more heart, and the home ice advantage for game 7! What was Calgary like when the Lightning won game 7? Were there any suicides?
owenadrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:46 AM   #32
CanadianCoin

CanadianCoin slam gang member
HaHa! Ya it was pretty bad that night -17th ave downtown looked like a Cannibal Corpse Album cover!! No it was all cool! It was a pretty exciting series I must say and I've never really been a huge hockey fan,but it did alot of good for Calgary thats for sure.I'm kinda glad its over.At least it was a cool city that won.Must have been a huge party in Ybor hey!
CanadianCoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:52 AM   #33
crispykid88

crispykid88 slam gang member
i aint the happiest camper about jack leaving c.c. but what the fuck can i do? nothing so i have to live with the fact that c.c will never be the same. but what mad you lose all intrest with death metal? i hope it wasnt the band cause i had the chance to meet all of you guys in worcester mass and all you guys were some cool dudes
crispykid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:21 AM   #34
BitterSweet

BitterSweet slam gang member
Well... this is going to be an interesting post... I'm a moderator over on the fan forum for CC, the reason I came to check out this forum was I liked the way Kevin handeled himself and spoke like a human being and didnt snivel like a lot of other people do. Personally I have never heard a single CC song, I'm too lazy to download the Mp3's etc etc etc since I am not a death metal fan. I am happy for Jack that he made a move in his live that is positive for him and I wish you all great success in the future. :)
BitterSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:28 AM   #35
MichælAdrift
Jedi Master

MichælAdrift slam gang member
Thank you.

We appreciate your support for Jack! Keep rockin' in the free world.
MichælAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #36
tangoarmy

tangoarmy slam gang member
sometimes

people grow out of things and its all good. he was a member of one of the greatest death metal bands of all time. much props and love. hope for the best.
tangoarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #37
The_Gowl

The_Gowl slam gang member

Aaaaah go on Jack ya legend. Like the MP3s.
The_Gowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:24 PM   #38
cannibaltwist

cannibaltwist slam gang member
Well, as a cannibal fan since day 1, this truly is heart wrenching. As a guitarist myself, I can understand being torn between different styles and also having to deal with struggles of the heart and with music, and guitar being so versatile, having to stick to one style and or sound for so many years must be hard. Thanks for all your hard work Jack in Cannibal, and good luck with Adrift. I cannot say that I'm not truly saddened that I will not be able to see you with Cannibal any longer, because I am. I just hope you can give a few ripping shreds in atleast one of Adrift's songs, to give some inspiration to us long lived fans of Cannibal, as we respect your decision, but never forget where cannibal came from and the FANS like myself that put you there. Good Luck
cannibaltwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #39
owenadrift

owenadrift slam gang member
Well Said!
owenadrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:26 PM   #40
Evil Red

Evil Red slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by owenadrift
Hey Coin! Now we're gonna fight. The lightning versus the Flames! Who would have guessed that would happen? Iginla is gonna have his jaw broken in game one!
Watch for a big Cannibal blowout sale soon! I'll start piling up stuff...see ya!

What's up Jack !
Hey.... I wanna be included in this little CC blowout sale...Lemme know ? I wasn't able to get those pictures you sent and my curiosity is growing, what were they ?
Any chance ya checked out the Drown Mary site yet ? They're seriously badass.
Hope to hear from ya soon.
Prost.
Evil Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #41
ROCKUM

ROCKUM slam gang member
there are three things in life

1- past
2- present
3- future

Past is past , just memories and Hystory , Future , Nobody knows and present is ADRIFT .

And please dont forget this " Home is where the heart is "
ROCKUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:07 AM   #42
Rex

Rex slam gang member
Just another random, faceless Corpse fan plugging my support here. I'd say the ratio of good metal fans to bad is about 1:1. I'm really starting to hate the "extreme" scene because the morons seem to permeate it. Not just because of this instance, but the local scene here is hell because of these people. Endless arguing on this and that, what is and isn't death/black/thrash metal, continual closed-mindedness. It never ends.

Anyway, Corpse is comming to Ottawa, Canada finally on the 11th of July. I'm dissapointed that I can't see you play (been waiting 4 years now) but who knows, maybe Adrift will come along some day. Good luck, you deserve nothing but happiness and success.

One things for sure, this whole CC buisness sure is bringing Adrift a good deal of publicity ;)
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:00 AM   #43
Fisting The Dead

Fisting The Dead slam gang member
Yeah, I have noticed that a lot of extreme metal fans are very braindead and retarded. It's very unfortunate.

Jack, you are a kick ass guitarist man. I loved the older Cannibal Corpse stuff and some of the new. (Wasn't really too happy when you BASTARDS kicked Barnes out. Just kidding about the "bastards" thing. Good decision especially since his voice was getting shittier.) But it did seem as though you were less enthusastic in your later performances as you did in your earlier ones, such as that Moscow show in the 15 year killing Spree dvd. Anyway, I don't want you to die or anything like that. Heh. You opened my eyes to extreme metal. I used to listen to retarded crap like Slipknot and Korn all the time until I heard Tomb of the Mutilated. I hope this Adrift thing is working out the way you like, Jack! I really don't like the music, but I can understand not wanting to be one dimensional all the time.

I wish you the best of luck!
Fisting The Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:02 AM   #44
happycastration

happycastration slam gang member
Jack,
First off I would like to thank you for your years in Cannibal. I'm a big Cannibal fan. In fact, Cannibal corpse was my first death metal show that I've been to....And the first mosh pit!!!
Thank you so much for contributing to the band when you were in it. (although I am a bit disappointed that you left)

but I would also like to thank you for having the courage to leave Cannibal Corpse and persue your own calling. If it just isn't in your heart, then by staying in that situation you are just lying to yourself (and the fans) and stagnating your creativity. Who wants that?!! People grow and change, and you are just doing whats right for you.

Don't worry so much about what other people think! People are bound to be pissed with a big change! (and it doesnt mean that they're brain dead or retarted...in most cases)
You can look at it kind of like when someone is in a relationship with someone and it just isnt working out for the one person( for what ever reason), and they break up. The other is bound to feel pissed and/or rejected
or just blow the other person off like f*ck that guy/girl! You know, they had feelings for the person and all of a sudden theyre leaving. ( this is just an analogy here)The adverage person wouldn't get pissed if they couldn't stand the other person and they left. The "pissed" part comes from them GIVING A Sh*t about you! (at least at some point)
but staying in that situation when its dead isn't good for anyone! Why continue on when the feeling is gone and you are dead inside towards it?
I'd rather have you leave Cannibal Corpse and do something that feels right for you, than for you to stay and for you to be dead inside towards it.
If people dont like it, oh well! Then they wont buy your album.

It doesn't seem like this is coming out right...it kinda sounds a bit pansy, but you get the point, right?

Thank you for contributing to Cannibal Corpse, one of my favorite bands!!! Thank you for playing for my first death metal concert and igniting the fire for my first pit!!! It won't be forgotten (even if I don't buy your new c.d...but we'll see)

I wish you the best of luck on your new journey. And hey, Who knows what kind of good stuff will come screaming out of your veins when your heart is in it and the demons are loose in your head!!!!!!! (they can come in many forms, you know...even if its not in the form of death metal)

all in all, its a good thing that you followed your heart, 'cause no one like something thats faked.

have a good one!
happycastration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:57 AM   #45
Sarcoma

Sarcoma slam gang member
CC (and also death, iron maiden, and judas preist) is the reason why i play guitar. I am not all like god damn it because you quit CC, you did what you wanted to so hell yeah. i fucking love death metal but god damn alot of the "metal heads" are fucking morons, constantly bitching about stupid shit. anyway, good luck to Adrift, tear them stages up...cheers.
Sarcoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:26 AM   #46
mrwood1974

mrwood1974 slam gang member
Cool Good luck Jack

I remeber back in the year 1991, early 1991 and hearing CC Hammer, Smashed, Face on the local college radion station that had Monday night Metal. To my excitment it was Cannibal and I had to buy that album. After buying album and hearing the brutal drums, lyrics, bass riffs I was impressed by the guitar. The only thing that came close to that style of playing as speed and technique go is Kerry King from Slayer. Being a fan of the young death metal scence (ie Obituary, Death, Cannibal) I knew this guitarist had the talent to do anything.. And that is what he is doing, Good luck Jack on your future and I hope you come to my part of NY one of these day's. This area needs a kick in the face for something new. Good luck Adrift on your future and long live Metal....
mrwood1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:39 AM   #47
crispykid88

jack were going to miss seeing your mug playing death metal
Old 11-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #48
Andro

Andro slam gang member
I have but one message that will defeat all arguments of pissed off CC fans.

At least he didn't become a rapper. :p

But yah, as I said before, as long as you're rocking, and doing it to the tune that fits you, it's good. You carried Cannibal Corpse to great lengths, and I see you doing the same for Adrift. Hopefully both bands will continue evolving.
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #49
AstlAdrift
You LOVE Adrift

AstlAdrift slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by Andro
There's only one way this would happen, and that is if you got rid of that insane goatee. That thing has no place in the rap world. :P

Duuuude, it is now even longer than the pics on the site demonstrate. 7" long. I am gonna braid it or shod it with beads or steel shot sometime soon. I shall NEVER cut it.

Then, I wanna braid it into my armpit hair, and later, my pubes.

OK, maybe not, but the damn thing is LOOOOONG!!!
AstlAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #50
Andro

Andro slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by AstlAdrift

Duuuude, it is now even longer than the pics on the site demonstrate. 7" long. I am gonna braid it or shod it with beads or steel shot sometime soon. I shall NEVER cut it.

Then, I wanna braid it into my armpit hair, and later, my pubes.

OK, maybe not, but the damn thing is LOOOOONG!!!
Dude, like I said, insane goatee.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:55 PM   #51
DRobson

DRobson slam gang member
Jack, don't let people get to you. I'm a long time Cannibal fan, I've got every cd, the box set, dvds, etc. You gotta do what's best for you. You can't live life trying to please others, as you know. People like this are the people who will live a miserable life. If you guys ever decide to come to Pittsburgh, let me know. I'm more than happy to promote you guys. I listened to the mp3's and I liked what I heard. I wish Adrift the best of luck, and I'm sure you guys (and gal) have a bright future ahead of you! If the other fans of CC are to thick skulled to see that, the f*** em'!
DRobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:43 AM   #52
Ashesofthewake

Ashesofthewake slam gang member
Jack

I see why you did what you did in CC, i would have done the same thing a death metal band goes on for over 15 years and still have the people in the metal world don't know the name of the band plus this stuff sounds better your madd riffs set in better with this music i'm not dissin CC or anything i mean i like most of the music but this seems like it'll go farther. I play guitar in a metal band and its my second one because i've had trouble finding the place where i could put my heart into seemingly heartless music its not easy
Ashesofthewake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:57 AM   #53
crispykid88

id rather be in an underground band, i couldnt picture people obsessing over me and kissing my shoes and shit. i just love brutal music to. peopel going to crazy to your music theres nothign better fuck selling tons of records and shit being rich is not my main concern. sounds nuts but fuck it.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #54
Andro

Andro slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by crispykid88
id rather be in an underground band, i couldnt picture people obsessing over me and kissing my shoes and shit. i just love brutal music to. peopel going to crazy to your music theres nothign better fuck selling tons of records and shit being rich is not my main concern. sounds nuts but fuck it.
Here's the plan, you get really famous, and THEN you start making brutal music.

Think of the possibilities... You might even have the pop people seeing the light and start listening to music with instruments.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:48 AM   #55
crispykid88

maybe sounds ok i guess.

i just seen cannibal friday and i must say it wasnt the same pat took over jacks side of the stage and the new guy look so much like jack. he was sloppy he didnt keep it all tight but it was still sick. its probably cause hes use to all that really technical shti that he did in origin.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:55 AM   #56
grinder502

grinder502 slam gang member
Hell man I can understand why. I freely admit I'm going to miss you at C.C. shows, but if your heart isnt in it. It's time to move on. I will still follow what you do. You are a great guitar player. So you got one fan here that will not bash the paths you take. You have been a big influence on my guitar playing. I can not thank you in any amount of words for that alone.
grinder502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:18 PM   #57
Wintersmoon

Wintersmoon slam gang member
Good luck Jack

I loved your guitar playing in Cannibal Corpse. I can understand your need to leave CC being in a band like that for 15 years it would be a good time to leave and do new things. I will be looking for the Adrift album. Good luck. All the assholes disrespecting Jack for leaving Cannibal Corpse shut the f*ck up, everybody changes it is inevitable. Jack Owen had seen his time in Cannibal Corpse had ran its course so he made a choice and he left.
Wintersmoon is offline   Reply With Quote