Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Adrift
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adrift Website

Old 07-04-2004, 05:18 AM   #1
babyintrashcompactor

Location: tempe, arizona during the school year, philly other than that
babyintrashcompactor slam gang member
What the hell were you thinking?

Alright Adrift fans out there and I know there is a lot of you. I was never really the biggest corpse fan but I always enjoyed most of the musicianship. But how the hell can one be a fan of adrift, it sounds like any shitty radio-friendly band out there. Oh by all means if thats what you like keep on doing it. But personally Id rather have cancer!
babyintrashcompactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:51 AM   #2
marqADRIFT
Master of instigation

marqADRIFT slam gang member
I hope you realize, that you have touched on a subject that has already been covered in another thread. You are obviously looking for an intellectual beatdown , which I am sure you will receive after the others get wind of this. Oh well, you're funeral
marqADRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
babyintrashcompactor

hah

oh i realize it and thats why i posted it.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #4
babyintrashcompactor

and furthermore i realize that you do not dispute what I am saying which makes me very happy. :)
Old 07-04-2004, 06:16 PM   #5
MetalNorm

MetalNorm slam gang member
Baby in the Trash Compactor,

You are a sensationalist idiot looking to start something with the Adrift guys. I for one hope they do not dignify your tripe of a post with a reply.

Fuck off, if you don't like it, don't post negative shit. Their music is DEFINITELY much better than you claim, but you're a fuck-up who can't comprehend good music, so why am I even talking to you? You show your love of shock value and are just looking to get a rise. You make me sick. Better hope you never run across me, it would be something you'd NEVER forget.
MetalNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
babyintrashcompactor

hah now your threatening me, i love it.

and jazz is good music just to let you know.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:38 PM   #7
babyintrashcompactor

lastly, how dare you question my knowledge of good music. I have been a rock/jazz/metal/orcestral musician for over 10 years.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:57 AM   #8
MichælAdrift
Jedi Master

MichælAdrift slam gang member
... ... ...

...deep breath...

So I do not disappoint MetalNorm, I will not go to great lengths to belittle your intelligence and coax your ego by giving you exactly what you're looking for: Attention.

I will, however, use the socratic method to help you to answer a few of your own questions, and at the same time, I anticipate you will stumble all over yourself in some misinformed fashion, making it publicly evident why you have nothing better to do with your time than to post adolescent quips in an attempt to start an intellectual fistfight and advertise the ill care you have for your own children [SEE PHOTO].

a.) When you refer to Adrift as generic, mainstream radio music, would you be implying that all music on the radio is generic? You, being a self-proclaimed master of multiple genres of music, must be privy to such an eclectic array of sonic treasures that the rest of us lowly folk could never dream to access. A connoisseur such as yourself need not trouble yourself with meager fare such as Adrift. I am curious, though, of your ten or twenty favorite bands, as that would better help me to gauge the quality of your critique. Furthermore, I am also wondering whether or not those bands have had any mainstream radio airplay.

b.) If you have been a rock/jazz/metal/orchestral musician for ten years now, and no doubt you exceed at your craft, why is your tagline a pathetic advertisement for the fact that you do not even play with a band? Certainly, if you are leagues above all of the rock, metal and dare I say, jazz musicians in your area, perhaps you could thrill us with a solo project? I do know why you have not made application to the orchestra yet; because you cannot even spell it correctly. That will be our little secret, though.

c.) If you really would rather have cancer, I will see what I can do about it. It is no sweat off of my palms to slip into a egragorian meditation with the intent to enlighten another soul along the path. The trouble is my friend, you are your own cancer. Set down the controller to whatever RPG you are currently absorbed in and learn to please a woman and you will spend far less time finding things to hate and reasons to hate them. Better yet, spend a little more time with your bass and you might actually gain the confidence to audition for a band. Then you could stop telling us how horrible we are and how wonderful you are and just dazzle us with your brilliance.

I fly into Sky Harbor at least once per year in case you would like to get together and have a drink. Only you & I, though...I am not buying for your children. Meanwhile, Cheers.

Last edited by MichælAdrift; 07-10-2004 at 05:39 AM.
MichælAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 03:14 PM   #9
babyintrashcompactor

i apologize, i misspelled orchestra.

My arguments means nothing now.

My apologies.

I just wanted to prove a point.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:23 PM   #10
MetalNorm

Jeez, I've never seen such a verbal beatdown.

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

But Michael (I can't get my computer to make that little weird 'ae' thing you use) makes very good points. I did not like the Adrift stuff to begin with, but I still never posted stuff for shock value. Now that I've seen Adrift live, I know why Jack left Cannibal Corpse. When people, especially those who only listened to "Empty Dreams" and made a snap judgment, see Adrift live, or hear the record, they too will know. Though a total metalhead, Jack has my support with the Adrift stuff.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:47 PM   #11
six12dotcom
The Truth Teller

six12dotcom slam gang member
My take...

babyintrashcompactor you're right. Adrift isn't special in any way shape or way or form musically, however the fact that you have to post the shit about having cancer rather than listening to the band is fucked up. When you get cancer you'll know why. I don't listen to Adrift but what you said is simply fucking ridicious.

MetalNorm, this is Adrift forum which means if people have a negative expression with the band they should be able to post it but in a constructive way.

Pretty much anything rock/metal related on the radio is generic but its quite different with other genres which are alot more "listener" friendly then any kind of metal. Other musical forms which require talent(classical, jazz etc...) that are on the radio are NOT generic, Mozart and BB King should royally stomp you for saying that shit.

This is a metal forum with metal fans, which means the majority of people on SMNNEWS only care about METAL and things related to metal. Adrift is not metal. Whether thats good or bad the FANS decide but Michael don't waste anymore time responding to people like him, if you enjoy doing what you do fuck everyone else. Besides, since you guys aren't Nu Metal, Pop or Rap you're bound to turn some metal fans ears.

Last edited by six12dotcom; 07-16-2004 at 11:53 PM.
six12dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:55 PM   #12
Akacz
Bragi

Akacz slam gang member
definite ownage
Akacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #13
MichælAdrift
Jedi Master

MichælAdrift slam gang member
response to six12dotcom

Quote:
...Michael don't waste anymore time responding to people like him...
Just entertaining myself, brother. I was not seriously taken aback by his comments. You can immediately tell by reading someone's comments whether they legitimately do not approve of what you are doing or just desire a reaction. No level of intellect in my approach or lack thereof nor any psychological coddling would reach someone like that. He started a conversation with no intention of having one; he just was waiting for his turn to speak. And that gives me an opportunity to see how creative I can be with a response. Kind of masturbatory but self-gratifying. I need to stay interactive with the forum so that Adrift fans will anticipate responses to their questions and if the only thing to respond to is another person telling us "how generic and mainstream we are" or how much they "do not approve of Jack's leaving Cannibal Corpse," then that is what I have to play with.

I appreciate your honest criticism and your post. It was a breath of fresh air to see that someone can admit they do not care for our music but support us all the same. I am fairly certain that I am the only person in our band that listens to Beck, The Flaming Lips, Björk and Tori Amos. It is good to celebrate differences: It would be a pretty fucking boring world if we all liked exactly the same things. At the same time, give the full length album a chance. The three song demo you might have heard is not representative of Adrift. I cannot say that enough.

And don't think for a minute that I was lashing out at that post. Until I have nothing better to do than write music each day and tour to support it, I have to occupy my time with bits of entertainment. I would have preferred he came back with a challenge...
MichælAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #14
siN

baby in a trash compacter - hehe, I don't know whether its the office-alchohol commonly known as coffee, but I'm rather amused - Just the name is enough to set me off, the comments don't need to be added to further my cubicle party I'm having right now.

Marq - He's a man of few words, but his avatar is enough of a statement - You been talking to Barry Bonds or something there bud? The size of your arms are ridiculous, but I do have to say - It is no match for the famed "Astl goatee".

I need to go calm down or something...I'm fucking wired.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #15
crispykid88

crispykid88 slam gang member
ohh dear, he cant even put down a swear

Last edited by marqADRIFT; 07-22-2004 at 10:06 PM.
crispykid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:02 AM   #16
MetalNorm

???

crispykids88, see, this is what i mean, you try to call out mark with your every post and then you want to post about 'hate' towards you?

Back the fuck off and maybe show some possibility that you can come here and post normal nonconfrontational shit and i'll bet you this forum turns around from what you see as hate to one of agreeable tolerance.

and crispy, in case you have not noticed, ceratin swear wprds get auto bleeped from the site. Why are you so anti-adrift? Have you even listened to it?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:15 PM   #17
AstlAdrift
You LOVE Adrift

AstlAdrift slam gang member

siN: ???????

What the fook??
AstlAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 02:22 PM   #18
marqADRIFT
Master of instigation

UH HUH

Kev be careful this sin guy likes my arms and your beard, cause for concern maybe?
Old 07-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #19
marqADRIFT
Master of instigation

Metalnorm

Dude next time you are @one of our shows come up to me and introduce yourself. I appreciate all the support you've given us. I really appreciate you defending me in this thread. Kind of strange how you try to say something with a little humor, and some little kid gets upset and has to act like a baby. Glad you enjoyed the show @ the masq. we are trying to schedule a few more locals before we hit the studio @ the end of August. We will keep you guys posted.........