SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Adrift
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adrift Website

Old 05-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
owenadrift

owenadrift slam gang member
Reactions to my quitting Cannibal Corpse

Check out posts like these from long time Cannibal supporters!

Teufel from Teufel's tomb.com----"I did it for the money." No shit. "My heart wasn't in it anymore." You don't say? Who would have figured that out with your complete lack of stage pressence and the pained look on your faace the past 8 years looking like you were just itching to get back on the tour bus and go back to sleep. What exactly did he contribut to death metal anyway? Repeatitive boring riffs? The most borring live shows? The ugliest fattest bald head in all of metal? Begone, King Of The Boring!

u used to be my idol...

95% of messages from fans around the world have been positive, but ones like this made it much easier to quit Cannibal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but these people sound like they know me personally, and are my friends, when they have no idea who I am, and have no consideration for my happiness. More to come, I'm sure...
owenadrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
MetalXTool
Banned

MetalXTool slam gang member
First off, that guy is a complete dick and should be stricken from the metal community. You did what you wanted to do, you said you did not have your heart in it anymore, so you moved on. You did your time in Corpse, and did it very well.
MetalXTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:34 PM   #3
owenadrift

Thanks! Here's a great one from the Adrift board. People piss me off...

DUDE!!! jack!!! what the #@*%! is your problem!?!?!?!?! this #@*%! over cannibal corpse!?!?! your a moron, i had more respect for you than this, seems that your intelligence went with the universe and the long hair. i wish you the worst of luck and hope you die.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #4
owenadrift

Ok, this is the last one. But probably my favorite!

WHAT THE #@*%! JACK?!?!?!?!... WHAT THE #@*%! IS THIS #@*%!?!?!?!?!?!... i cant believe u #@*%!ing left CC for this waste of time crap band... ur a #@*%!ing sell out and i hope u rot in hell with your "money" u cock sucking bastard!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #5
Juggla

Juggla slam gang member
Although I never had the opportunity/privilege to see Cannibal Corpse live, I think those assesments are quite unfair. The riffs on CC records are some of my favorites and music. And who cares what the hell you look like? As long as you perform and put your heart into. At least you had the sense to quit while you were ahead, instead of going out at the bottom of the barrel.

Wishing someone dies due to their professional moves is the sign of a true fan, whether he was kidding or not.
Juggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:42 PM   #6
MetalXTool
Banned

MetalXTool slam gang member
HAHA! Oh man that's sad....I love the use of "u" , cursing 20 times and calling a band crap that he probably never heard before. The really funny thing about the first one is that he questions your intelligence when he acts like a complete babbling idiot. What can I say? The metal fans are very sensitive to everything that happens, oh well!
MetalXTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
AstlAdrift
You LOVE Adrift

AstlAdrift slam gang member
Jack, you're a dick for leaving Cannibal, DIE!!

Ha! Just kidding! It never ceases to amaze me how some of the more rabid Can-Nipple fans react as vehemently as they have.

That's cool, when we tour with Soil or other signed bands, I hope they come out to a show so we can smoke 'em (on stage, not a reference to fighting).

Jack is, however, a dictator in his bands, though, and rules with an iron fist. All the Can-Nipple guys were scared shitless of him. If they lipped off to him, he'd unleash a vicious backhand bitchslap and shut them the hell up. He does the same with Adrift. In fact, my eye is still swollen from Jack's last beat-down from practice on Sunday night.

NOT! Jack's a cool cat, I just thought that was funny to describe the "Anti-Jack."
AstlAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:18 PM   #8
Juggla

Juggla slam gang member
Can-nipple, now that is funny stuff (no disrespect to meant to CC!)

Next time he lays a finger on you, give him five across the eyes! Don't let that whole "Cannibal" thing intimidate you.........
Juggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
Teufel

Teufel slam gang member
hahahaha... first off, if you're going to post it, post the full comment, with unbroken english, I may be retarded, but I can sort of spell:

http://www.teufelstomb.com/news/?id=166

Secondly, in case you hadn't noticed, the entire news section of my site is satire. I poke fun at everybody EVERYBODY, even bands I like and people I'm really good and close friends with. It's not meant to be taken seriously or personally, and for the most part, people realize that. I've even made fun of Sven from Aborted, repeatedly, and he's a good friend of mine, hell, he even did all of the graphics for the Suffocation site, and I repeatedly question his sexual orientation and skills as a vocalist and drummer.

The reviews... well, I'm just blunt and honest with those. Either I like something or I don't, if I don't, everyone knows about it, if I love it, everyone knows about it.

I did the official Cannibal Corpse site a few years back, so it's not like I hate the band, although the past few years the music just got repetitive and boring and I lost interest, so I can't blame you for wanting to leave and pursue other avenues.

Some people will freak out about you leaving and doing something else, but, personally, I don't care. I just deal with my own life day to day, whatever anyone else wants to do with theirs, as long as they aren't harming any of my friends or family, can do whatever the fuck they want, as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck with your new endeavor and hopefully it'll bring you more personal satisfaction and enjoyment than what you'd experienced in recent months/years with CC.

- Teufel

PS: I'm fatter and balder than you and I couldn't play a guitar even if I tried.
Teufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:21 PM   #10
deadgoat666

deadgoat666 slam gang member
Hey man, longtime CC fan here, seen them many times from 93' on up. I think its obvious that the band was beginning(?) to stagnate.
While this Adfrift thing isn't my cup of tea, it sounds just as good as anything I hear on the radio nowadays (much of which i am subjected to at work). So if anyone's gonna be successful playing this mainstream style, I'd rather have it be these guys (and gal), rather than these other jerkwads.
So basically, here's one Canniple fan who ain't gonna wish death or anything like that on Jack, but instead hopes that he gets the success he deserves for all the years of putting his heart into some of the best death metal ever.
deadgoat666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #11
AstlAdrift
You LOVE Adrift

AstlAdrift slam gang member
Deadgoat666

Deadgoat666, you fucking rule. That's one of the coolest posts I've seen about Jack leaving CC. When we play your area, you're on the list, and I'm buying you Jager bombs and Newcastle!! Check out Capharnaum (www.capharnaum.org), by the way!
AstlAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #12
MetalFreak

MetalFreak slam gang member
JACK YOU FUCKWAD, HOW COULD YOU LEAVE CORPSE!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Yeah right, ok...

First off, you gave us fifteen years of some of the best death metal ever, and for that, you rule. I met you at the Palladium in Worcester on March 5 and thought it was really nice that you were hanging out in the crowd, talking with people, etc. and the band's performance that night was incredible. I had a blast at the show. But you know, you gotta do what makes you happy, and props to you for that. You went where your heart lies, and we can't really expect anything more from you. Cheers Jack. Best of luck in Adrift and any other future bands that might emerge.

Last edited by MetalFreak; 05-12-2004 at 11:34 PM.
MetalFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 AM   #13
HatredEmbodied

HatredEmbodied slam gang member
I'll post what I've posted on other boards about this subject, and for the shit talkers....

"whats weird is that you could go to some underground fest like the old Ohio Death Fest and there would be Jack walking around, hands full of merch... for not liking death metal, he sure went out and supported it... you didnt see any other luminaries from other higher profile bands at these fests...

best of luck Jack...."

change is good, dont let anyone tell you differently...good luck!
HatredEmbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:47 AM   #14
HatredEmbodied

HatredEmbodied slam gang member
Re: Jack, you're a dick for leaving Cannibal, DIE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by AstlAdrift

That's cool, when we tour with Soil or other signed bands, I hope they come out to a show so we can smoke 'em (on stage, not a reference to fighting).
Are you guys indeed going to tour with Soil?
HatredEmbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:56 AM   #15
d a m n ation!!!
~;:malady kidney thief:;~

d a m n ation!!! slam gang member
Hey Jack, good luck on everything.
You were really nice when you came here with Exhumed. I only met you briefly, so you probably wouldn't remember me.
I had some great years listening to Cannibal Corpse.

rockandroll
d a m n ation!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:01 AM   #16
siN

SOiL bring the rock
Old 05-13-2004, 02:09 AM   #17
MetalNorm

MetalNorm slam gang member
more Adrift

I'm a big CC fan, and I like Adrift too. Imagine that! I wonder why it's so hard for some of those numbskulls to be supportive and not negative. Some of the posts on the Adrift guestbook are pretty brutal and downright disrespectful. Oh, well, fuck 'em. Jack needs to do what he feels is right, and truly, CC has been kind of stagnant for a while.

If Adrift play with SoIL, I'll go see that show, SoIL are fukkin' heavy! Don't tease us, if you play with them, let us know!
MetalNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:55 AM   #18
ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance slam gang member
Reactions like those are really pathetic. It took guts to do what you did, and people should respect you for that. There's more in the world than death metal. Support music, not narrow- mindedness.
I had a chance to meet you on No Mercy (Antwerp) and I can honestly say you were the friendliest musician I've ever met. So the fans must return that favour and respect your decision, period.
Keep up the good work & greetings from Belgium :)
ZeroTolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:10 AM   #19
PrincessOfTheDawn

PrincessOfTheDawn slam gang member
Thumbs up

I couldn't agree more.

I have to say I was a little sad when I heared the news about you leaving Cannibal Corpse (just a few weeks after we met you :( ) but I surely respect your choice, you're a great person.
PrincessOfTheDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:20 PM   #20
RilontskY

RilontskY slam gang member
Jack man good luck in whatever you do! Thank you for the first 4 cannibal corpse albums!
RilontskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 01:22 AM   #21
d a m n ation!!!
~;:malady kidney thief:;~

d a m n ation!!! slam gang member
I just remembered something...
I think it has some relevance to this topic.
All these people talking shit about you and your decision, as if they have the final say, it is very rude and inconsiderate.
Sure, a lot of bands do it for the fans, because the fans can be what make or break bands.
But it just seems to me that a lot of people, say, that grew up with a lot of music, like Cannibal Corpse for instance, as they get older do not support the music like they once did, when they were younger. Like going to the shows and stuff.
I guess I just notice that at a lot of shows. I'm not an old schooler or anything, but, at shows now you don't see older people than more of the kids that want to have a good time at a show.
And then when the older people that do go to a show get shit from the kids because they are older. And some of these kids were just babies when Eaten back to Life came out.
Am I making any sense?

Most of the time, I'm just not sure!
d a m n ation!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:10 AM   #22
FKaz

FKaz slam gang member
I've been to quite a few metal concerts the past few years (I'm 30...) The age is considerably younger at these which tells me that the fans disappear as they get older. Which is why I left my post on the guestboard... It's a bunch of unhappy punk teenagers that don't get it's okay to move on in life.

YO JERKWADS WHO WON'T GET OFF JACK'S !#$%!#$ BACK... A GUESTBOOK IS FOR FANS OF THE BAND.... GO TO THE FORUM IF YOU GOT $HIT TO SAY! I'M TIRED OF READING HOW ALL YOU EMPTY HEADED, UNSHOWERED, UNSHAVED, NO PUBIC HAIR TEENAGERS ARE UPSET! BETTER YET, GO BITCH ON THE CORPSE SITE AND LEAVE THIS BAND ALONE! !$%ING LOSERS

Jack made the move. I like and respect many types of music. I'm impressed by the band and the fact that they are pretty interactive with their fans. If Jack's happier, that means some pretty cool new rifs will follow.

Maybe the problem for these punks is that you can understand the lead singer very clearly... You don't have to read the lyrics to understand the music?
FKaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:04 PM   #23
Shredhead

Shredhead slam gang member
I was surprised when I heard Jack left Cannibal Corpse. I always like his groovy riffing. Luckily A Drift kicks as as well!

Hopefully Jack's successor in CC will be a bit similar in style. I like the combination of the groove and the extreme fast parts.

Good luck with A Drift!
Shredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:12 PM   #24
CanadianCoin

CanadianCoin slam gang member
Fuck people can be so stupid and say some stupid shit.-Hey Jack Thanx so much for always being so cool,and always lettin this poor canadian hang out .Your right Jack those losers dont know you at all,if they did they would know your very true and always cool to your friends & fans.Its not gonna be the same seeing Cannibal without you onstage,but knowing that your alive,well & doing what you want ,and are happy,will make it not hard.Cheers Jackalbie.Hopefully see ya soon. Go Flames Go!!!!
CanadianCoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:06 PM   #25
owenadrift

Hey Coin! Now we're gonna fight. The lightning versus the Flames! Who would have guessed that would happen? Iginla is gonna have his jaw broken in game one!
Watch for a big Cannibal blowout sale soon! I'll start piling up stuff...see ya!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #26
Nihilist

Nihilist beat up jewski
I just have to ask this question.

Jack, what the FUCK is your avatar? Haha
Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:54 AM   #27
owenadrift

My avatar (for today...) is the one and only Merle Haggard!
Old 05-24-2004, 02:40 AM   #28
Nihilist

Nihilist beat up jewski
Oh right. No idea who that is, but cool anyway.
Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:42 AM   #29
El Diablo
miasma

El Diablo slam gang member
hey jack. ill be like everyone else and say the same thing, except when i saw you guys like at the agora on march 3rd, i could tell you werent big into it. course, i thought it was becasue your bus got repoed. doubt you remember me, but i was with two big dudes, and a chic. i was the little kid of the bunch. but we came to that show hours early, and maybe you rememer telling us how the thrift store went. beside that, ill suppport you no matter what. youve brought me into death metal and guitar, and i wont let you leaving cc change any of it. i look at talent in bands, and if you joined some bluegrass band, id prolly still listen. your one of the great guitarists, and youve changed it all for me, and for many around me. i think what you did was coming, and as long as i hear cc, i dont care. as long as the classic bands are still around, whether they have original members or not, ill still have a spot in my heart for them. but when bands like pantera call it quits, thats when i get pissed. like phil anselmo is the biggest idiot ever now. im gonna miss new stuff, but ill always and forever bang my head to cowboys. the same with cc.
\m/
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:04 AM   #30
CanadianCoin

CanadianCoin slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by owenadrift
Hey Coin! Now we're gonna fight. The lightning versus the Flames! Who would have guessed that would happen?
Damn I thought we (flames) were gonna win there for a awile-Them Lightning are a kick ass bunch of Players-congratulations boys! Ride the Lightning!!!
CanadianCoin is offline   Reply With Quote