SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > HORSE The Band

HORSE The Band Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
poopie
=======

Exclamation Atilla The Hungry - The Hammer Of Optirominiliukus (cover)

couldn't find it anywhere online => posted it:

https://soundcloud.com/cacholog/atil...the-band-cover
poopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Face-Of-Jer

Sweet.
Face-Of-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
OneArmedScissor

Re: Atilla The Hungry - The Hammer Of Optirominiliukus (cover)

I came back...different!

Hello friends! I haven't been around in a while, but I have not forgotten you, either.

Imagine my surprise to see this on the first page of the forum after all these years! That gives me the warm fuzzies.

Despite my absence, I've never lost interest in music, but health issues prevented me from playing well enough to record myself since I posted this cover years ago. That was a very demoralizing experience that sucked the lif out of me, as I am the polar opposite of elderly, out of shape, or a substance abuser, yet my body decided it would behave as such.

At one point, I don't think I even touched a guitar for over 6 months. Drums were not going to happen. To stay involved at all, I had to settle for writing my own music, but only recording other peoples' music. It felt like pretending, not producing anything, and I was afraid I would not even be able to do that for much longer. I didn't want to hang around forums or do anything else that would remind me of what I used to be able to do, but could not any more.

The good news is that is all the past for me now! Slowly but surely, I am working on my solo "band."

This is not a sob story or a plug. There is only one reason I am sharing this here, and nowhere else:

After being out of practice and forced to find other interests for so long, it is difficult to find the motivation to sit down and finish even one song.

Discovering that someone still remembers something I did just for fun is such a big help, words fail me!

Sometimes the simplest, unexpected gesture can make someone's day, or even week. The wonderful thing about the internet is that you don't have to be there or have ever seen the person to do that.

This brings tears of joy to my eyes. You have made my week. Thank you so much!

I still listen to HORSE every day and keep up with their antics. It never stopped giving me that feeling from 10+ years ago like I was a ball of fire that could take on the world, even when that certainly was not the case.

Always remember:

Never give up victory!
OneArmedScissor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
Free Radical
Drug User

That must have been pretty shitty.
Coindidently, I just had my first session with my new band. Despite playing music for a lot of my life, I never seemed to encounter an oppurtunity to join or form a group, and producing music alone does not really work for me, I need someone else to bounce things off to stay motivated.
I was quite inexperienced in playing with others and saw this new venture as a challenge just figuring out how to get the ball rolling, but it actually went quite well and we had a few promising jams.

Anyway, welcome back, different or not.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:14 AM   #5
TicalWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArmedScissor View Post
I came back...different!

Always remember:

Never give up victory!

That's right, do or die!

I recently learned In the Wake of The Bunt on guitar. Maybe I'll post a video when I'm confident that I've got it down 100%. Your cover is awesome, by the way. It's so frantic. I love the vocal distortions. Keep up your craft.

Oh, and Free Radical, it's nice to see you posting. I hope you have fun jamming with other people for a change. I've always tried starting bands but no one was ever serious about it/they'd sell their instruments for drug money. I was just recently asked to jam with my friends band, but it's hard getting everyone in one place at the same time. Anyways, I'm sure we'll talk some more in other threads. I've got some catching up to do!
TicalWave is offline   Reply With Quote