Enthroned Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #31
protector
tilintetgjøre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabathan
Totaly agree with Iscariah and Enthroned, that's great to see that there's still intelligent Black Metal fans with a wide Open Mind here.
More than you think, apparently.
The thing is that your post above reflects some kind of untolerent atittude as you are anti-nazi (same here, nazi punks fuck off!), anti this and anti that, but on the other hand you say you are very open minded.
Necrayas is comming up with a very good question as well: "why did you call yourself a Satanist if you do not believe in it?"

You also said that you are or were in the scene only for the music then, and on the other hand you had a loss of motivation and did not care anymore because you couldn't make enough profits/ tours and festivals...
This statement in it's first sens seems a bit doubtful.

Excuse me, I'm just trying to understand as a person interested in the history of Enthroned since 1993(your very beginings, I bought the demo-tape from you back then) I want to understand your points before judging and putting an opinion, which is normal I think and more adult than all those children who would bash enthroned or yourself, without knowing anything or at least trying to understand a bit...
But to be honest Sabathan, your text is a bit confusing.

Last edited by protector; 11-23-2006 at 12:45 PM..
Old 11-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #32
queen of the damned

because it intends to be “more extreme” and prefer to focus on that, they don’t accept the Rock ‘N’ Roll attitude .

----------------------------

I see your point considering bands such as Venom, Pile Driver, Running wild (before their pirat period :p ) and Destruction.
But you know as an ambassador of the second wave of Black metal that the message has always been more serious than that, I am sure you believed yourself in those things, so what happened, why did you change? or perhaps it's not my business after all.
I think Black metal is an extreme form of Rn'R with a serious and dedicated message with a strong occult - satanic concept, that's how I always saw Black metal but not in a beer drinking, all friends concept like heavy metal.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:31 PM   #33
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector
More than you think, apparently.
The thing is that your post above reflects some kind of untolerent atittude as you are anti-nazi (same here, nazi punks fuck off!), anti this and anti that, but on the other hand you say you are very open minded.
as much of a paradox as it might seem, being open minded and being opposed to certain things can well go hand in hand... provided that the reason you are opposed to those things has derived from having analysed & digested enough information about the subject to be able to fairly base your opinion on the facts rather than speculation.

Being open-minded doesn't mean that you have to accept anything and everything, more - least to me - that you have an acceptance to learn new things and new information when it comes to make rational judgements about the moral and ethical value of something; not at all a means of prohibiting opposition to a particular ideal.

(Educated) Elitism is nothing unnatural, conceited or as disruptive a mental process as liberals would like you to believe. It's one of the most natural processes weeding out the weak for the survival of the fittest/most proficient.
It's just when mankind juxtaposes it's own blackened distorted perspective onto what it means to be an "elitist" that it's automatically negated into being little more than pretty much a derogatory term likened much in the same social way as racism, even though natural elitism (aka evolution) is indiscriminate of skin tone.

If being an 'elitist' - after having formed an opinion from concentrated/arduous exposure and research on a particular thing - and deliberately not subjecting yourself to such things you perceive as being inferior just for the sake of social harmony, then I champion it as a cause more people need to take up.

Alas, as with the majority of strong and confrontational idealogies, there's often been far more of a case of those people distorting the image to their own ends - much in a similar way to the way in which 'Satanist' has been warped & misused - inevitably making it far more ludicrous and seemingly a recluse for just the mentally unstable and megalomaniacs of the world.

This is probably a complete off-topic ramble and I'm not trying to argue with your sentiment on the whole in the slightest, I just felt like picking apart the first paragraph of your reply.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #34
avrafa

good luck Sabathan... well i hope Enthroned dont split ups..
Old 11-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #35
necrayas

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrafa
well i hope Enthroned dont split ups..
They won't.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #36
Sabathan
Heavy Metal Avenger

I understand what you mean Protector, let me explain you better.
When I say I'm Anti-Nazis, this is something exclusively personal, but is also a way to explain easily how much I hate this new trend called NS Black Metal.
I find this scene (and it's personal once again), completely stupid and brainless cause most of the people who pratice NS Black Metal here (I know than in Norway everything is totaly different than here) It's mostly people who become blindly Fascist just because once in their life they have been agressed by a immigrant. Those people doesn't even know nothing about the second world war niether about the nazis realm and two years ago they were into Marilyn Manson.
They're just pseudo Nazis, they just hate immigrants, and they even doesn't know than if we have one day a Nazis system, all Metalheads as well all Black Metal fans should be exterminate considered as marginal...do you think than Hitler authorized Long Haired people???
So, I wanted to explain than what I see in the underground B.M. shows is a different kind of people than the one I see and meet in a meanstream B.M Show, and the meanstream one is more what reflect my mentality nowadays.
In a show of Immortal or Naglfar by exemple, I meet more people who have my age as well the same way of thinking than me, than in a Nargaroth or Ad Hominem show, where there nothing fits to my ideas.

About Satanism, I have my personal point of views about, and It's my right to don't want to share my ideas and my convictions with no one, I still believe in it of course, but my convictions are exclusively personal and very different than the most common of the B.M. fans. This kind of topics brings a lot of disagreements that I prefer to avoid, so I have my Satanist convictions but I just don't want to speak about niether to share with anyone than me.

About festivals and tour profits, the profits than I mean is not money but people present at the shows... I don't give a fuck to got 1000€ or just 0€ per tours or shows, I just want the place be crowded, because playing in almost empty venues is terribly frustrating.
I just ask to have a good crowd, full of real Metal Maniacs banging and enjoying the show. Because with all the effort you produce to compose a album and all the work you do and all the time you consacrate of your life for your band, and see that when you're on a tour or travel many kilometers to play a show, nobody move their ass to support your band on stage, it's really frustrating (for me personaly again).
That's why I enjoyed so much playing in big open-air festivals as well in South America, cause there, we had a real audience supporting us during all our set.
But of course as I said this problem is ruled now, cause the last shows I've done with enthroned, was really well crowded, but this was just "one more" thing amongst many others much important who contribute to damage my motivation.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #37
protector
tilintetgjøre

That answers my questions in some ways!

Enthroned lives! Long live Enthroned!

And guys, come here and play in fuckin' Norway, I wanna witness your new line up!

who knows maybe a show with Dimmu Borgir.... ;)
Old 11-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #38
enthroned
LEMNISCATE

Quote:
Totaly agree with Iscariah and Enthroned, that's great to see that there's still intelligent Black Metal fans with a wide Open Mind here.
thx

Quote:
playing in almost empty venues is terribly frustrating.
indeed
i have a band (we play music just for have fun) and we have more pleasure to play with 200 people in the public than with 20 (even if the 20 are our friends)

so i agree with you on this point
Old 11-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #39
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
That answers my questions in some ways!

Enthroned lives! Long live Enthroned!

And guys, come here and play in fuckin' Norway, I wanna witness your new line up!

who knows maybe a show with Dimmu Borgir.... ;)
screw that man... if Enthroned played a Norway gig with Gorgoroth... well, i'd be there like er... a bat out of hell?

very fucking quickly in other words :D
Old 11-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #40
DARK USURPER
Usurper of the throne

"playing in almost empty venues is terribly frustrating"

LOL, something like 7 people last time Enthroned played San Diego, California. Sorry guys!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #41
protector
tilintetgjøre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surt
screw that man... if Enthroned played a Norway gig with Gorgoroth... well, i'd be there like er... a bat out of hell?

very fucking quickly in other words :D

Don't you think I'd rather see Gorgoroth than DB??!!

Nothing against the guys of DB, I know some of them and they are actually more dedicated and "true" than most posers who pretends to "be"!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #42
Iscariah

Quote:

Nothing against the guys of DB, I know some of them and they are actually more dedicated and "true" than most posers who pretends to "be"!
You actually know them? Cool! Are you in a band as well protector?
oh could you translate this for me please?
'Jeg er undskapelsen, jeg er antikrist'

Sry for the stupid question, but my Norwegian isn't what it once was, in other words, I don't speak Norwegian, I know some words but that's it...

I'd rather see gorgoroth, dimmu borgir and enthroned all together!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #43
necrayas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscariah

Sry for the stupid question, but my Norwegian isn't what it once was, in other words, I don't speak Norwegian, I know some words but that's it...

"Jeg er antikrist" means I'am antichristan. Enthroned - Gorgoroth - Behexen would be nice.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:09 AM   #44
protector
tilintetgjøre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscariah

Jeg er unds kapelsen, jeg er antikrist, means something like
"I am the chapel of Sorrow, I am antichrist".
yeah, I kinda know them :p
I play in two bands, but well who cares? ;)
Old 11-24-2006, 08:46 AM   #45
Iscariah

Quote:
Jeg er unds kapelsen, jeg er antikrist, means something like
"I am the chapel of Sorrow, I am antichrist".
yeah, I kinda know them :p
I play in two bands, but well who cares? ;)
Could you give the name of the bands? :p
Old 11-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #46
Surt
brutulord

Quote:

heh i know.

I guess I just got a bit over excited... :suicide:

but it's still the case that I'd be over in grim old Norge should that lineup materialise. No idea how i'd be able to afford it but still...
Old 11-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #47
StrataNael

Régis, clos ce thread (Bonne idée que l'engrais s'explique mais bon, je crois que tout le monde a bien capté, même entre les lignes)/ A bientôt ici ou sur le continent-
MrP.

Nornagest says to STratanaeL Pilipiliw... :
Eh oh! si tu me laissais déj* le temps de voir tout ce bordel!! ;)

Last edited by Nornagest; 11-25-2006 at 08:35 AM..
Old 11-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #48
enthroned
LEMNISCATE

dis le en anglais, les règles sont les mémes pour tous
(translation : post in english, rules are the same for everyone)

Nornagest says : Modères le ton stp, merci

Last edited by Nornagest; 11-27-2006 at 05:14 PM..
Old 11-25-2006, 08:34 AM   #49
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

So, as everything is getting a bit off topic here and that Mister S. expressed himself....this thread is closed!

complainings??

then check out :

www.blowyourheadoff.com

thank you!
Closed Thread