SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Enthroned

Enthroned Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 11-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Surt
brutulord

X E S

this is probably going to be a pretty pointless thread but considering the idea for what i plan came from the title of an Enthroned album and there's a band member as a moderator on here (on top of any knowledgeable people that may be lurking in the shadows), I'm going to post it anyway.

Basically, after reading the meaning behind the 'XES' part of 'XES Haereticum', along with the fact I'm at some stage probably in the next two months going to be getting a rather bluntly blasphemic set of tattoos, I'm strongly considering adding in the 'X E S' element too.

The only problem is - as i don't want to just go pick a random font and write the three Roman (or Latin) figures - I need to find somewhere that can show me more clearly what each of the symbols look like so I can actually incorporate them into the design that i have planned.

Like I said, I thought i'd ask here first as an educated guess before I go trawl through hours upon hours of internet searching.

:google:
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

Here's my usual scheme of the meaning and context in which we used the title maybe it can help you out :

XES, which read reversed in English gives the word sex, XES is in relation with 666 and in relation with the Name of God versus the Name of the Beast
The Greek alphabet has numerical values. The 3 Greek letters used in Rev. 13:18 referring to this 'mark', were:

X (=Chi) 600;
Xi (shaped like a curled capital E) 60
s (Sigma) 6
obviously 600 + 60+ 6 ....

The 1st and 3rd letters could also represent the first and last letters of the title "Christos" and the middle letter could represent the symbol of the serpent , strictly connected with the ancient Egyptian Mysteries ( as explained with subtility within the lyrics of "Seven Plagues, Seven Wrath").

Heareticum is the latin translation for "heresy" or "heretic" regarding the grammatical use or sense.

The use of both language in one phrase, relies to the old testament and is known as the "Original Speach" that human were speaking in ancient times.
This language was then forbidden consideed dangerous and a threat by God and his followers and then speaking it was considered as an heresy.
Nornagest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
Surt
brutulord

ah. Thank you dark sir.

I tried sifting through fuck knows how many different damn Jewish websites last night before giving up. Turns out I was looking in the wrong language format :suicide:

I do remember reading something along the lines of how certain words equalled the numeric value of the word god so they were changed so they didn't...
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
Mordbrann

I think ΧΞΣ is Greek for XES. χξσ would be the lowercase equivalent. I'm certainly no expert and that may be wrong but maybe it will save you some searching if this forum and your browser display things correctly.
Mordbrann is offline   Reply With Quote