Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Enthroned

Enthroned Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 10-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Would you tour Canada?

Hi Nornagest,

First, just to introduce myself. I'm Morthvargr, I'm from Canada, I'm a drummer and I'm huge into black metal. You guys, Enthroned "The Blackened Horde", are one of my most favourite bands and a huge influence on me. My most favourite Enthroned albums are a tie between "Prophecies of Pagan Fire", "Regis Sathanas", "Carnage in Worlds Beyond" and "Xes Hareticum". I'm also starting my own black metal band called Medea. I'll speak more of that later.

Anyway, on to my main topic. Being from Canada - Ottawa to be exact - we don't get a lot of huge metal acts here that often. Only in the last 2 years I've actually noticed bigger metal acts touring my rather boring government hometown. Just to add, Ottawa is the national capital, hence the government being here. Would you guys ever consider touring Canada. I've read how you've toured the U.S. and didn't enjoy it because of the lacking enthusiasm of the audience. Here, in Ottawa, it's different. You'd be surprised how many people here are huge into black metal and death metal. Behemoth toured my hometown last November and the crowd turnout was amazing. The response from the crowd was phenominal. So things are picking up and the audience is responding too.

I hope that maybe you might tour Canada, not just the U.S. and maybe, if ever possible, tour cities like Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, and - I hope - Ottawa. Please tell me you may consider on the release of your next new album.

Thanks Nornagest. Infernal Hails to you,

Morthvargr.
Morthvargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Udamt
Let them feast

and then make your way down here!!
Udamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 AM   #3
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

We would love to tour Canada, but at the moment it's not possible.
I always wanted to play over there and I really hope we can have a descent offer when the next album will be release.
One thing you have to understand is that we do not choose from our own where we wanna play, we get offers from promoters and if it matches our schedules and expenses we do it, but until now we NEVER had any serious offer to tour Canada.
Some promoters expect us to pay from our own pockets plane tickets etc...which is of course not possible. Some of those promoters seems to think that we shit money which is absolutely not the case.
But IF we got a descent offer it'll be a pleasure to fly over and desecrate your lands!
Nornagest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Thanks Nornagaest for the reply.

That makes sense. Maybe I can talk to my hometown's biggest promoter, Black Widow Promotions, and see if the fanbase is just as enthusiastic to set up a show.

I'll keep my fingers invertedly crossed hoping that you get a good offer to tour up here in Canada. I sure hope so when 'Tetra Karcist' comes out.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it.

Infernal Hails to you,

Morthvargr.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
DARK USURPER
Usurper of the throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthvargr
I've read how you've toured the U.S. and didn't enjoy it because of the lacking enthusiasm of the audience. Here, in Ottawa, it's different
LOL you dont have a clue dude! I can tell you first hand that the "enthusiasm" does not even come close to California regurdless of any N. American location. Sure Enthroned has played in the US in front of a croud as small as 20 although that has nothing to do with it. If a tour (single show) is booked and promoted correctly I dont see why the place wouldnt be packed out here. 1349 sold out a 500 capicity club last week and the place was a total prison riot!

Besides, you must consider the fact Enthroned is much more heard of and well recieved in the states since their last tour, espically after the Xes.. release. Plus when one tours the US in most cases the shows are not very far apart in location from oneanother, in CAN. you have many people traveling from very far locations to see concerts which probably results in the illusion of you considering your location to be so strong and vast. Dont get me wrong, Im not bashing Canada, just providing you with the view outside the box.

I know Nargaroth has about 5 dates currently booked throughout Canada sometime early next year. I cant remember who is bringing them over exactly but if I can recall I'll post it in this thread.

Last edited by DARK USURPER; 10-08-2006 at 08:18 PM..
DARK USURPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #6
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK USURPER
LOL you dont have a clue dude! I can tell you first hand that the "enthusiasm" does not even come close to California regurdless of any N. American location. Sure Enthroned has played in the US in front of a croud as small as 20 although that has nothing to do with it. If a tour (single show) is booked and promoted correctly I dont see why the place wouldnt be packed out here. 1349 sold out a 500 capicity club last week and the place was a total prison riot!

Besides, you must consider the fact Enthroned is much more heard of and well recieved in the states since their last tour, espically after the Xes.. release. Plus when one tours the US in most cases the shows are not very far apart in location from oneanother, in CAN. you have many people traveling from very far locations to see concerts which probably results in the illusion of you considering your location to be so strong and vast. Dont get me wrong, Im not bashing Canada, just providing you with the view outside the box.

I know Nargaroth has about 5 dates currently booked throughout Canada sometime early next year. I cant remember who is bringing them over exactly but if I can recall I'll post it in this thread.
I have a feeling, because rumours have been flying like crazy in my hometown, that Nargaroth are planning a gig here in Ottawa sometime in January or February. There have been other black metal bands that have come to my town as well, namely Behemoth and Averse Sefira on the black metal scale.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 PM   #7
Moloc
Arizoth

Yes, and he is planning to do a show in Montreal. I'm going to see him in Foufounes Électriques. About your tour in Canada Nornagest, I'm from Quebec and I sent you an e-mail two months ago asking you if you would ever do a show in Montreal. It will be fuckin great to see you in Montreal. I'll be looking for a friend ov mine who is a promoter by the way, if he can make you a descent offer ;P.
Moloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 AM   #8
DARK USURPER
Usurper of the throne

Honestly at this point I would actually be suprised if the Nargaroth tour happens. I see it folding about a month before the shows!

Good luck to those who plan on attending, wish I could be there. I remember the Mexico date(s) had to cancel just weeks before the show(s).

If I remember correctly Enthroned had some Canada and East cost US dates scheduled for earlier this year that fell through. Keep in mind the cancelation had nothing to do with the band but the actual promoters I believe.

I'd assume when and if Enthroned returns to North America it will be routed simmilar to the mini tour that didnt happen this year, both CAN and US dates on one tour.

Just a thought, MAYHEM/ENTHRONED 2007 N. America tour. Imagine that!
DARK USURPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:37 AM   #9
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

That would be a nice conspiracy indeed!

I'm open to any (decent and logical) offers!
Nornagest is offline   Reply With Quote