SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Macabre

Macabre Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 04-05-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
Smegma

Katrina kicked my ass... help a brother out?

I live in the New Orleans area and lost everything to Hurricane Katrina. Water to the roof for almost 2 weeks. I lost literally 1000s of CDs and LPs. I had all Macabre releases on CD. Plus some vinyl. I can replace a bunch of it easily on the net (who can't rebuy Dahmer). Anyway... the items that have been really hard for me to replace are:

Macabre: Nightstalker 7" EP Relapse Records (orange vinyl) (not as important to me as the CDs)

Macabre: Gloom / Grim Reality CD 1990 by: Vinyl Solutions SOL 20 CD (Not the reissue on Decomposed Records without the Grim Reality EP)

Macabre: Sinister Slaughter CD 1993 Nuclear Blast Records (not the reissue with the "Behind the Wall of Sleep" EP added) I had the silver cd / red paint "lightning bolt" version - but it doesn't matter if I get the black Zodiac CD

If anyone can sell me MINT copies, I would greatly appreciate it. Recovery has been slow and I'm asking for help now. I just can't search the net endlessly for 100s of rare out of print items.

Pictures of my ruined house / collection if you want to see how shitty life can be.

thanks in advance for any help

adam
Smegma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
motley~girl

so katrina kicked your ass and youre worried about replacing music?
motley~girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
Smegma

I tell you what, you spend 15 years plus collecting music, vinyl, bootlegs, rare demos, etc.... keeping them in mint condition, polybags, etc. Have that as your main recreational interest for nearly your entire adult life (I'm 29 years old). Spend untold amounts of money on it over the years. Obtain 1000s of rare items in perfect condition, then have about 12 feet of water flood your house and remain standing for close to two weeks. Lose it all. Everything you worked for, for all that time.

OMFG he wants to start replacing some items?!?! It must be a scam or a lie, because no one would try to actually replace what they lost!!!!

Dickhead, do you think I would bother posting or worrying about a Sofa or Microwave?!? Or maybe you think there should there be a "mourning period" of a 3 year minimum before I dare think of re-starting my record collection in observance of Katrina?

Yes, Katrina kicked my ass. I lost my place and everything I own. And for the record, so did my girlfriend (house flooded then burnt to the ground), so did my mother, my father (they are divorced), and BOTH sets of grandparents.

You have no idea what you're talking about, so shut the fuck up you stupid fucking bitch.

My Apartment:

Some of my Stuff:

My Girlfriends:

My Dads:

My Moms:
Smegma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
mordecai666

sorry dude
mordecai666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #5
FTS
I Give Up

I hope everything goes better for ya dude. Some peeps from the NOLA scene moved up here after Katrina, most notably Dave Chandler of St. Vitus. Hopefully you get back the records you unfortunately lost.
FTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
SteeL_ToeD_DrunK
hates hummace

Quote:
Originally Posted by motley~girl
so katrina kicked your ass and youre worried about replacing music?
Fucking rights, I would be!
SteeL_ToeD_DrunK is offline   Reply With Quote