SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #91
Death~Delirium
So You Die!

Re: I watch UFC George St. Pierre

Anytime I have seen Mirko Cro Cop fight he let the other guy beat the shit out of him. I did not catch his prime fights and do not really care if he is back in the UFC. I'm not currently updated on the sport, but I use to watch it as often as possible.
Death~Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #92
novareaper
¯\(°_o)/¯

war machine
novareaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #93
nigelwho
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by novareaper View Post
war machine
alpha male shit
nigelwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #94
Shred The Ganja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antæos View Post
I fucking love McGregor! I really think he's on to something, the way he moves is just out of this world. He keeps talking about his obsession with "human movement," which makes me think that he's the kind of mind to see through the rote aspect of martial arts training and peer into the fundamental concepts that unite all facets of unarmed combat. His coach, John Kavanagh, is a genius as well, and keeps referring to Conor as a "mindful athlete."

I think Conor wins the decision over Poirier (who is a ridiculous talent in his own right) and will subsequently plow through anyone who doesn't have a strong wrestling base or is Jose Aldo. I think Chad Mendes would give him problems though, but only because we haven't seen how he fares against strong wrestlers yet. Maybe he's figured that out too; word is that he mauls world class athletes in the gym, so who knows.
Right on. I just watched an interview with Connor about his obsession with cirque du soleil. Very cool.

I agree about the wrestling match ups. Edgar or Mendes may give him fits but then again who knows. Anderson Silva developed pretty incredible takedown defense later in his career and most of that can be atrributed to his movement. A guy like Connor that moves so well may be able to negate some of that with angles.

On another note. Jones injured? Wtf? Man, all these injuries get pretty lame.

Shawn Porter\Kell Brook boixng match is on Saturday. Should be good. Porter destroying Paulie like that was impressive.
Shred The Ganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #95
Chris Rezendes
Fortin' With Will

Conor is legit, but his fanbase is annoying as shit and the UFC have been giving him the Bisping treatment - protecting him from bad stylistic matchups in order to build up a viable market overseas. I think Conor is more talented than Bisping ever was and will probably be a bigger star, too, since he isn't a cheating piece of dog shit.

Make no mistake about it, though, they have been and will likely continue to protect him from the good wrestlers at 145. Swanson and Mendes both finish him at this point, Edgar dominates him to a decision, and Bermudez, Lamas, and Lentz should all handle him, too. The only wrestler I think he's ready for is Guida, and even he could potentially pose some problems.

McGregor has crazy raw talent, though. By the time Sean Shelby takes the kid gloves off and throws him a bad style matchup, he might very well have improved enough to be ready for it.
Chris Rezendes is offline   Reply With Quote