SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:42 PM   #1
mrcarcass

Brodequin

Does anyone like the band Brodequin .I just bought both of their cd's and wanted to know what everyone thought about them.
mrcarcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
JohnnyJihad

all i've heard are a select few songs that were on websites and they're pretty damn good if you ask me.

I especially liked the new one.
JohnnyJihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:26 PM   #3
Depth of Misery
Burned Out

I have been a Brodequin fan for quite some time.
Depth of Misery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
shroudofimpurity

When the drummer from Brodequin said this on the Roddy forum it really made me think twice:

"i'll tell you whats "gay" about necrophagist:

not enough blast
too much faggot guitar wankery
it's heavy metal....not DEATH METAL (heavy/power/prog metal is gay)
the dude thinks he chuck (he even uses the same guitar hahaha)
they pose on stage like a fucking glam band (guitar solo faces and rocking)
there music holds NO brutality...

...you can't pound people into the ground with single note, noodle-y riffs and guitar solos"

and then he threw this out:

"...I can't stand people that listen to stuff just because it's technical, tight, complex, talented, etc....usually bands that are "talented" can't write a song to save their lives because they're going "look what I can do"...\

...big deal you spend alot of time practicing. I don't care. I just want to hear something GOOD.

...necropahgist sound like a video game gone wrong....thats really not that brutal"

Man, this guy is really cocky...

I like the Brodequin's new "Prelude to Execution" demo stuff, but I'm not really into their earlier stuffs. Although, I wouldnt go around calling them fags just cause I dont like their music... I respect them, but they just arent my thing.
shroudofimpurity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #5
Luke

Quote:
Originally posted by shroudofimpurity
When the drummer from Brodequin said this on the Roddy forum it really made me think twice:

not enough blast

...you can't pound people into the ground with single note, noodle-y riffs and guitar solos"

"...I can't stand people that listen to stuff just because it's technical, tight, complex, talented, etc....usually bands that are "talented" can't write a song to save their lives because they're going "look what I can do"...\

...big deal you spend alot of time practicing. I don't care. I just want to hear something GOOD.

...necropahgist sound like a video game gone wrong....thats really not that brutal"

I like the Brodequin's new "Prelude to Execution" demo stuff, but I'm not really into their earlier stuffs. Although, I wouldnt go around calling them fags just cause I dont like their music... I respect them, but they just arent my thing.

HAHAHAHAH. Brodequeen sure does suck, but god that's funny (and somewhat true).
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:56 PM   #6
shroudofimpurity

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke
HAHAHAHAH. Brodequeen sure does suck, but god that's funny (and somewhat true).
ha

Last edited by shroudofimpurity; 08-26-2004 at 09:58 PM..
Old 08-26-2004, 10:13 PM   #7
Trauma

i really hate their sound. How someone can record his guitar sound like that.
But they're fast as hell.

I worked in a french webzine, a few times ago, and wanted to make an interview..
They were ok but with my bunch of questions, i asked if they WANTED this guitar sound, or if it was a recoding incident..

I've never received the answers. So..
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:31 PM   #8
Depth of Misery
Burned Out

Yeah their drummer is a fucking anal probe, he thinks he's like the best drummer in death metal, but who would know, he has like a 8 piece set and all he plays in the snare and bass drums. What a weeny. He's like Trey EatsEggToast from Morbid Angel with his cocky attitude.
Depth of Misery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:11 AM   #9
AeonsPast

I thought Velveeta was the cheesiest.

I stand corrected.
AeonsPast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:41 AM   #10
tamponsqueezer

I don't care what their drummer said!

I've said it once before and I'm saying it again and again:
Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death,
rules! The intensity and power is unbelievable, at least for me. With that
CD in my player I'm running 5km in under 20 minutes.
I'm waiting for the new reccord. The MP3 sounds great!
Alright, let's a FESTIVAL OF fuckin' DEATH!!!!!!!!:D
tamponsqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:46 AM   #11
shroudofimpurity

Re: I don't care what their drummer said!

Quote:
Originally posted by tamponsqueezer
I've said it once before and I'm saying it again and again:
Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death, Festival of Death,
rules! The intensity and power is unbelievable, at least for me. With that
CD in my player I'm running 5km in under 20 minutes.
I'm waiting for the new reccord. The MP3 sounds great!
Alright, let's a FESTIVAL OF fuckin' DEATH!!!!!!!!:D
Whoa dude, do you like Festival of Death? hahaha!!! Personally I can take it or leave it. Although the new stuff sounds good.

Last edited by shroudofimpurity; 08-29-2004 at 06:53 AM..
Old 08-29-2004, 06:54 AM   #12
Nihilist

Which drummer was it that said that that? Chad Walls or Jon Engman?
Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:56 AM   #13
shroudofimpurity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nihilist
Which drummer was it that said that that? Chad Walls or Jon Engman?
Engman...
Old 08-29-2004, 07:20 AM   #14
Nihilist

oh. loser. :\
Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:49 PM   #15
SteeL_ToeD_DrunK
hates hummace

Brodequin is great. they are fuckin heavy shit!
SteeL_ToeD_DrunK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #16
UnholyMember
Shitflinger

Ha Ha

There is deffinetly some Popcorn in his Microwave!DOUBLE BUTTER,But it's cool man it's Pop Secret Bro.
UnholyMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:49 PM   #17
SuperMario
The Last Mohican

Jon Engman is an arrogant, cocky bastard. i couldnt believe those things i was reading back at the derek roddy forum... hes got an elitist attitude... there is just no room for that shit in death metal.... calling necrophagist "gay" .... ugh.....

anyway... i have never like brodequin. guitar sounds like pure crap, nothing interesting at all.. drums are non-stop blasting which is cool if youre competing at the wfd.... i need more variety and clarity.... the snare usually annoys the shit out of me... vocals too.... and the production just gets to me.... so, i cant think of one thing i like about it except the speed.... cause we are all speed freaks here..... but it has nothing else to offer in my opinion..... engman is a really fast drummer though and ill give that up to him....
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:13 PM   #18
Luke

Re: Ha Ha

Quote:
Originally posted by UnholyMember
There is deffinetly some Popcorn in his Microwave!DOUBLE BUTTER,But it's cool man it's Pop Secret Bro.
Hahahahahahha. Man, now I got a new joke for my drummer tonight. I've basically given him Popcorn as his middle name and he has wanted to kill me ever since.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:26 AM   #19
UnholyMember
Shitflinger

Drummer?

Luke,You still talkin' to your drum machine!LoL,Kidding'.This is new news to me man.Good luck with the human!They do take the popcorn joke a little personal though.Oh well ,that's why I don't play drums.
UnholyMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:54 AM   #20
xenkronos

Old stuff =

New stuff =
xenkronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:07 PM   #21
DeathMusick

Quote:

not enough blast

Wow... that's pretty ignorant to say something like that. I can't say I like Brodequin but I don't walk around calling them "gay." When did Death Metal become (exclusively) about blasting anyway...
DeathMusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:20 PM   #22
ChaosDeathkult

Yeah I called my old drummer for my old band Volatile a popcorn machine for feet as well, I think he took it a little personal as he was a way sensitive guy.
I don't get it, we all played fine at practice, but when it came to recording, they all sucked, and I did my tracks in one take, just fine.

And Engman is a retard, he's in a band that only relys on a loud repetetive snare, tippie toe/featherlight hitting double bass, and a horrendous hum for a guitar sound. I don't mind them when I'm in a grind mood, but to know that they walk around acting like that? I know far better musicians that would tear them apart. Which only makes me like them more or less depending on their attitudes, and it's the less one.
ChaosDeathkult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #23
JohnnyJihad

while his comments were indeed lame as hell.. when did the whole band act like this?

Its one guy, not all of brodequin. (unless I missed something)
JohnnyJihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:44 AM   #24
ChaosDeathkult

It's probably a personal thing, but one guy can make me not like a whole band. It's the way it is for me. Most likely they share similar opinions. But that's just me.
ChaosDeathkult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:04 AM   #25
SteeL_ToeD_DrunK
hates hummace

Oh yeah, they are the best most brutalist band in the world, just ask the drummer. MUST be why every metal head ever is just fucking clamouring for them. *cough*
SteeL_ToeD_DrunK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #26
Satanic Warmaster

Brodequin is fucking brutal, Unmatched Brutality all together is fucking awesome!!! GO LISTEN TO GUTTURAL SECRETE!!!!DOWNLOAD HERE!!
Satanic Warmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:21 PM   #27
Reincremation
deranged from bud

Quote:

not enough blast

And that's why I will never buy a Brodequin CD. Necrophagist is the best new band in the DM scene.
Reincremation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:31 PM   #28
shroudofimpurity

With all due respect, I do think the new Brodequin material sounds much better than the old stuff I've heard.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:21 PM   #29
Hackgore

haha but Jon is a great drummer and so brodequin...
I'm a big fan of them but I hate their sound!
ok, the are true!
Hackgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:48 AM   #30
Satanic Warmaster

LISTEN TO GUTTURAL SECRETE!!
Satanic Warmaster is offline   Reply With Quote