SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Death Metal Discussion (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   2021 album discussion thread (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=254761)

intense 02-17-2021 10:31 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter (Post 3941281)
in more good news, Dordeduh will be releasing a new album this spring (finally!)

Oh yes ! :D

ShadowHunter 02-17-2021 11:36 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 


and Vindsval's newest project streaming in full:


DrippingInsanity 02-19-2021 04:52 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
New album from Perturbator, named Lustful Sacraments, will be released this year!

https://i.imgur.com/C675KL6.jpg?1

DrippingInsanity 02-19-2021 07:59 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
https://i.imgur.com/jM9P7Ls.jpg?1

Degraved - Exhumed Remnants [demo; members from Cavurn]

Link to listen

Deathstalker 02-19-2021 10:43 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrippingInsanity (Post 3941285)
New album from Perturbator, named Lustful Sacraments, will be released this year!

https://i.imgur.com/C675KL6.jpg?1

This track was posted a couple years back. Unless something changed, it should be on the new album...


DrippingInsanity 02-19-2021 11:51 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathstalker (Post 3941287)
This track was posted a couple years back. Unless something changed, it should be on the new album...


What the hell, I didn't even see that had dropped.

This sounds like a demo of some kind..

DrippingInsanity 02-20-2021 12:11 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
https://i.imgur.com/eTMUIGz.jpg?1

Swampbeast - Seven Evils Spawned of Seven Heads




acidbong 02-20-2021 01:31 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter (Post 3941281)
in more good news, Dordeduh will be releasing a new album this spring (finally!)

Oh shit, that is good news! I was worried they split up.

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a2663496381_10.jpg

https://rottenrollrex.bandcamp.com/a...-decomposition

New LDOH coming March 1st! I swear I've seen that artwork used in a creepypasta.

pooptastik 02-21-2021 08:48 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
that LDOH cover is from this: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...and-from-which


acidbong 02-21-2021 09:18 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooptastik (Post 3941291)

Thanks Paulo! I preordered the shirt. I'm digging the preview track and I can't wait to hear the whole album. I've enjoyed everything the reformed lineup has released so far, though I've noticed they're getting some shit that Marc is no longer drumming for LDOH and they're no longer playing gorenoise like Putrefaction In Progress. Fans are actually bitching that LDOH has audible riffs now. I guess I'm just happy to have a new LDOH album lol.

Also, my bad if it artwork is absurdly large; I'm using a mobile browser.

Deathstalker 02-24-2021 12:47 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Carcinoma - Labascation

https://i.postimg.cc/26Nhd0Cc/a0842926526-10.jpg

So, this band, that was on a split with Abyssal a few years back, just released their debut album. Pretty good stuff.

Honky Reduction 02-25-2021 01:11 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
New Sunless album 2021

LucienLaTulipe 02-25-2021 04:11 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 


Not sure what to think about this demo, ha ha! This sounds like mud but has its moments. Very heavy but atmospheric at the same time.

edit: I think I'm liking it

Vgguru39 02-26-2021 11:59 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Digging that Carcinoma record. Really nice blend of a lot of stuff I really enjoy. The new Ominous Ruin is pretty great stuff in the vein of SOP. Great riffs, but sterile drum tone IMO. Definitely worth a listen.

(((OdiumNostrum 02-26-2021 03:21 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Solid prog/tech death with occasional outbursts of dissonance.


0pake 02-27-2021 04:38 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a3339073322_10.jpg

https://miscreated.bandcamp.com/releases

SICK

DrippingInsanity 02-27-2021 07:41 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathstalker (Post 3941295)
Carcinoma - Labascation

https://i.postimg.cc/26Nhd0Cc/a0842926526-10.jpg

So, this band, that was on a split with Abyssal a few years back, just released their debut album. Pretty good stuff.

Agreed. Definitely digging this one.

DrippingInsanity 02-28-2021 12:02 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Fuoco Fatuo - Obisidian Katabasis (Funeral Death/Doom Metal) - heavier on the Death Metal side of things based on the sample below

https://i.imgur.com/jKzm49L.jpg?1


pooptastik 02-28-2021 03:48 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbong (Post 3941293)
Thanks Paulo! I preordered the shirt. I'm digging the preview track and I can't wait to hear the whole album. I've enjoyed everything the reformed lineup has released so far, though I've noticed they're getting some shit that Marc is no longer drumming for LDOH and they're no longer playing gorenoise like Putrefaction In Progress. Fans are actually bitching that LDOH has audible riffs now. I guess I'm just happy to have a new LDOH album lol.

Also, my bad if it artwork is absurdly large; I'm using a mobile browser.

i held off listening to the album because i want to have a clear head going in and to put any of my bias aside.

i like this album. It reminds me of early Squash Bowel and Dead Infection. it's old school Goregrind, it sounds like the album that could've been made between "Sound of Rancid..." and "Hymns of Indigestible..."

At this point, they've already made one of the greatest and most extreme Goregrind album, they don't need to top it nor do it to prove it to anyone.

LDOH is a band that has no original members like Napalm Death. And speaking of Napalm Death, the drumming reminds me of "FETO," it's not hyperblasting ping fast but it's the brutal clunky Mick Harris style of blasting.

Besides that, I just wish they could've put more effort on the album cover. If anything, that still falls on the regular lazy Goregrind trope of using "internet-found-images"

0pake 03-03-2021 07:02 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
https://fange.bandcamp.com/album/pantocrator

new FANGE release

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a3225252050_16.jpg

ShadowHunter 03-03-2021 08:24 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 

ABdozen 03-04-2021 12:19 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooptastik (Post 3941314)
i held off listening to the album because i want to have a clear head going in and to put any of my bias aside.

i like this album. It reminds me of early Squash Bowel and Dead Infection. it's old school Goregrind, it sounds like the album that could've been made between "Sound of Rancid..." and "Hymns of Indigestible..."

At this point, they've already made one of the greatest and most extreme Goregrind album, they don't need to top it nor do it to prove it to anyone.

LDOH is a band that has no original members like Napalm Death. And speaking of Napalm Death, the drumming reminds me of "FETO," it's not hyperblasting ping fast but it's the brutal clunky Mick Harris style of blasting.

Besides that, I just wish they could've put more effort on the album cover. If anything, that still falls on the regular lazy Goregrind trope of using "internet-found-images"

Is the shirt another jacked picture or did they pay someone for a new design based off a jacked picture?

Oleg 03-04-2021 10:28 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathstalker (Post 3941295)
Carcinoma - Labascation

https://i.postimg.cc/26Nhd0Cc/a0842926526-10.jpg

So, this band, that was on a split with Abyssal a few years back, just released their debut album. Pretty good stuff.

Thanks for this, I'm really digging it

DrippingInsanity 03-04-2021 01:05 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Music video for a song off of Perturbator's new album just got released.


Deathstalker 03-05-2021 12:33 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrippingInsanity (Post 3941325)
Music video for a song off of Perturbator's new album just got released.


That older track I posted the other day, has also been confirmed in the track listing. No clue, if the album version will sound any different though.

ShadowHunter 03-05-2021 06:59 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 

pooptastik 03-05-2021 07:35 AM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 

https://krallice.bandcamp.com/album/demonic-wealth

Dizzy Alpaca Party 03-05-2021 02:27 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooptastik (Post 3941328)

Jesus, another one? I haven't even bought the last one yet

intense 03-05-2021 05:04 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
new Spectral Lore in April
https://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/album/--3

DrippingInsanity 03-05-2021 07:59 PM

Re: 2021 album discussion thread
 
H?nesy - Garabontzia [Black Metal] - kind of a blend of bands like Uada, Ash Borer, Mare Cognitum, Spectral Lore, etc

https://i.imgur.com/lwuXErd.jpg?1

https://haenesy.bandcamp.com/album/garabontzia


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -