View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:00 PM   #24
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 27 Lichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewski
Re: 2020 album discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy Alpaca Party View Post
Is separating art from the artist the issue here? Seems to me that the art itself is the contention in this case. I don't know anything about Arghoslent, nor have I ever listened to them - if they're just being sarcastic dicks, then I get it. Brutal death metal bands do the same shit with violence against women. If they're actually unironically being white supremacists and pushing that in their songs, then fuck them, I ain't listening to that crap. It's the same thing with "Christian metal" bands - I will not condone nor participate in their putrescent ideology and filthy belief system.
Does an ideology or belief system penetrate the music itself? Are we not allowed to enjoy Richard Wagner’s music because he was an antisemite?
Also, being “sarcastic dicks” is a terrible excuse for producing reprehensible content (misogyny, nazism etc.), but that won’t stop me from enjoying some Brutal Death like Gorgasm or whatever.
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote