SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 05-13-2022, 04:41 PM   #31
SeaWeed

Re: REST IN POWER TREVOR STRNAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
I edited the OP
I do appreciate you doing this because I too share the same sentiments as every one else. I was being silly and dumb with my original post. I really do hope the backlash on his appearance of his gf's onlyfans wasn't the last nail in the coffin regarding his mental state, because he deleted that post real quick on his IG. anyway, RIP big man... :(
SeaWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:30 PM   #32
Deathstalker

Did he ever actually go through with it, and make any videos with his gf on there?
Deathstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #33
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 28 Lichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
I do appreciate you doing this because I too share the same sentiments as every one else. I was being silly and dumb with my original post. I really do hope the backlash on his appearance of his gf's onlyfans wasn't the last nail in the coffin regarding his mental state, because he deleted that post real quick on his IG. anyway, RIP big man... :(
people talked shit on IG or what "backlash" are you talking about?
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:32 PM   #34
Spew
Dad.

Surprised there was even a backlash to it really. Most babes (celebs and non celebs) do adult stuff on the side now.

All the power to 'em really, if I was a babe I'd be doing the same thing, haha!
Spew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:16 PM   #35
Radcunt
cock joke

fuckin hell. RIP our man Trevor. Hearing he died brought me back here for once. I thought everything from Nocturnal on that TBDM did was pretty solid death metal. They always put on a good show too.
Radcunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 02:14 PM   #36
El-Heino
EM-Guld

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaXray View Post
Had to drop back in on the forums after years to say RIP. Always laughed at his comments. He was a legend for sure.
Exactly same thing here.

He was always selflessly plugging stuff he was passionate about. Using his bands profile for 'good'.
El-Heino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:20 AM   #37
Spew
Dad.

Trevors death has unfortunately really hit me.

If someone like Trevor was beaten into submission by the rigors of life... what chance do the rest of us have to conquer the demon that is: living?

Trevor tried a number of things to stop going to a really dark place and it just seemed like all of these things only brought him temporary respite.

Is it just a matter of it being that even though all of us are born into this life, (whether we like it or not) it doesn't necessarily mean all of us are meant to be able to thrive either?
Old 05-16-2022, 08:57 PM   #38
Works0fheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spew View Post
Trevors death has unfortunately really hit me.

If someone like Trevor was beaten into submission by the rigors of life... what chance do the rest of us have to conquer the demon that is: living?

Trevor tried a number of things to stop going to a really dark place and it just seemed like all of these things only brought him temporary respite.

Is it just a matter of it being that even though all of us are born into this life, (whether we like it or not) it doesn't necessarily mean all of us are meant to be able to thrive either?
I find that it's motivated me quite a bit to stop spending so much time on pointless bullshit (ie. video games, tv, etc) and try to be productive with my time, but I get what you mean. His death has been weighing pretty heavy on my mind as well and it really just sucks to think he's not around anymore in general. I know this is such a cliche' thing to say when these things happen, but it really does feel that way. I thought TBDM would be around for years to come. If there's ever been one consistency throughout my time as a fan of heavy music, it's been releases and tours by them, and each time Trev was THE frontman of frontmen. I can't think of another personality in the metal community as strong as his.

I was watching a video earlier and a quote he said got brought up and it's really resonated pretty hard with me: "How is it that metal can distract you from what a horrible world we live in?"

This is the bit that gets me because it is pretty overwhelming seeing the way things are going with the world obviously, but the fact it was even enough to weigh on someone's mind like his. People do horrible shit to each other with what seems like little (or not enough) consequence, and because of today's society, some of it is even encouraged.

Metal absolutely serves as a great distraction for me from the negativity of life, and it always has since I've found it I think. Trev, being the great writer that he was could have put this into words much better than I'll ever be able to, but the point still hit home for me very hard.

Life does seem pointless, cruel, and bleak at times. It feels like there's never any certainty in anything and sometimes the things I enjoy or the goals I have seem like they're for-not in the end so why does any of it even matter? However, I think it's important to not dive face first into nihilism and keep in mind that the brief moments you're enjoying are the things you'll usually look back on fondly.

For me, and most people I feel like, the moments that stick with people as great memories aren't even always things that they realize the impact of when they occur. I personally have tried to make myself more cognizant of these moments when I feel like they might be happening and try to make the most of them. This isn't something I'm super successful at but I at least feel good for making the effort to appreciate my own happiness when I have it because it's very easy to take for granted the good times when you're surrounded by so much bullshit at any given time.

I don't know if my reply will really make a difference to you since I know right now how I feel about this whole thing and it's not great. Somewhere over the last few years between losing Trev, Alexi, the Sean's from Cynic, my grandfather, my aunt, and several co-workers to either covid or suicide, it's felt pretty fucking bad to be alive in this era. It seems like all of the things that used to make me happy I'm watching disappear before my eyes and it just fucking sucks. I try to at least tell myself that new things will arise though, and if they don't, I make some (maybe pointless) effort to make them happen myself. Whether I succeed in doing them is up in the air and how much they'll matter when I'm gone, I have no clue, but I do hate feeling like I'm wasting my life as I have for a while now.

Last edited by Works0fheart; 05-16-2022 at 09:00 PM..
Works0fheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:51 AM   #39
Spew
Dad.

Thanks for your post man.

You're right, it wasn't a super positive thing to read but it's comforting to know that a lot of other people out there have been hit hard by Trevor's passing too.

Hurts to see the old OM crew suffering too.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:18 PM   #40
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 28 Lichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewski

This shit also has been on my mind constantly. You’re not alone and I hope both of you feel better soon.
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:52 PM   #41
Djeez
Calisse

Wow awful. RIP to one of the most down-to-earth person in the scene. So many stories of him just being a great guy to smaller bands trying to break in, and always helping bands that he enjoyed to get exposure.
Djeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:08 PM   #42
Works0fheart

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but I'm admittedly pretty upset that people are still taking to bashing Trev and gatekeeping suicide based on the band he played in.

I don't usually get mad about most things involving an opinion on any celebrity of any kind, but come on man. Maybe the dude is just being a contrarian or something but it still rubs me the wrong way.
Works0fheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:48 AM   #43
Spew
Dad.

That ScaleItBack guy probably won't ever be able to go to a metal gig again, unless he wants to get black dahlia murdered.

EDIT: Haha the shit cunt wiped his channel. He definitely knows he can't go to a metal gig again.

Last edited by Spew; 05-26-2022 at 04:56 AM..
Old 06-29-2022, 06:50 PM   #44
Moemers
Flower Travelin

I am still really fucked up about this.

I was obsessed with this band and I googled Trevor Strnad one night and I found him on this forum, so i joined. I'm glad I did, I miss you fucks.

Ive been meaning to come post in this thread but Im still just speechless.

RIP. What a fucking cool guy. FUCK.

If someone with this much love and success kills himself what chance does a loser like me have.
Moemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:00 AM   #45
Spew
Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemers View Post
If someone with this much love and success kills himself what chance does a loser like me have.
I concur.

But we can't surrender to nihilistic darkness. It's an all consuming void.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:02 AM   #46
Spew
Dad.

Please guys, if it's within your financial means, please support TBDM and T-Rev's family:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/the...-trevor-strnad
Old 08-02-2022, 03:31 AM   #47
depletingthenonbeing

I haven't logged on here since '09... forgot my main account but God Damn this still doesn't even seem real. Hate em or not, TBDM was a lot of peoples first introduction to death metal. I think anyone with a guitar who listened to them especially back in the Nocturnal / Miasma days would just sit and make rip-off riffs for hours lol.

I had the please to meet Trevor after a show in Rochester, NY a good 12 ish years ago now. It was him, Bart and Shannon outside piss drunk. My lil 16-17 year old ass was so excited I walked up and they all just greeted me with a big sweaty shirtless hug. One of the moments ill never forget. His energy on stage was always so killer. I remember seeing him post on here back in the day so I figured id check for an RIP post.

RIP Trevor. Ill miss seeing that big sweaty stomach with the HEARTBURN tattoo in the face of everyone at shows.
depletingthenonbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:45 PM   #48
SeaWeed

were the details on exactly how he passed, made public?
SeaWeed is offline   Reply With Quote